daves16v

Polished Stainless Radiator Brackets

Dave

The postman has just delivered mine this morning, they look the Dogs under carriage. I may go and fit them this afternoon.

Cheers for this Dave, again a very nice product.

Got mine the other week, wow nice quality items! Fit well too. Nice work, keep me posted on the other bits your working on.

Dave,

I never got around to posting the pic of my custom radiator bracket! This one shows the bracket in place [for larger radiator] along with your s/steel screws!

Thanks again for sorting this for me - top seller!

Baz

552292_10151111335756769_1851626998_n.jpg

You still doing these Dave? Vr6 i'd be after.

Do they come with the new bolt/screw and i noticed the above picture has a rubber washer under it, Is that part of it too?

You still doing these Dave? Vr6 i'd be after.

Do they come with the new bolt/screw and i noticed the above picture has a rubber washer under it, Is that part of it too?

Yes I'm still able to supply. They come with a new bolt and the rubber is not supplied, they very rarely need replacing.

Fitted a pair of these to my 8v and Vr-Quality product. Couldn't recommend them enough. Now if I can only undo the rusty screws on the headlights I can fit those as well!

Thanks Dave

Yes I'm still able to supply. They come with a new bolt and the rubber is not supplied, they very rarely need replacing.

Unfortunately mine did :( Not only that but when the garage fitted my (brand-new) radiator they forced the old brackets into the slots, bending them, and then held them on with silicone... Now the stainless ones won't fit!

Any ideas?

Stone

PS: the brackets are a work of art if you can get them fitted!

Unfortunately mine did :( Not only that but when the garage fitted my (brand-new) radiator they forced the old brackets into the slots, bending them, and then held them on with silicone... Now the stainless ones won't fit!

Any ideas?

Stone

PS: the brackets are a work of art if you can get them fitted!

Why did they have to force the old brackets into the slots? I'm guessing they had expanded with corrosion?

The Stainless items are dimensionally exactly the same as the originals so should fit, is there an obstruction in the slots or have the garage completely destroyed the shape of the slot?

Where did they use Silicone?

On the subject of the rubber i sourced some spare ones that were past their best.. Put them in a bath of WD40 or similar and they come up just fine....

Why did they have to force the old brackets into the slots? I'm guessing they had expanded with corrosion?

Yes, when I removed the old one I could peel 5mm of rust away in a slab. The stainless ones are loose in the slot so I guess they've mangled the slots outwards...

Where did they use Silicone?

Down the bottom of the slot, there was some rusty-looking water in there but none comes out when it's running so I don't think it's leaking. The rubber was utterly shot too, I have a spare but I was saving it for a future plan to get repros made...

Temporarily fixed with a 10mm bolt and a nyloc under the slam panel, but it seems a bit sketchy as it's only really the backward pull of the radiator (from the other mount) that holds the bracket in place. What a mess! :nono:

Stone

A slight digression but relevant! I have a 94 2l 16V.

I recently removed my front bumper to make good a previously bodged repair and to tidy up whatever else I found. So the apron was cleaned up and repainted. Headlamps were removed, dismantled, cleaned and reassembled. Fogs/sidelights cleaned. Stainless screws sourced (Ebay) for fog lights, headlamps and air deflectors. The radiator fan cowl was somewhat corroded so cleaned up and painted. With battery and airbox removed, all front end/lights wiring loom rebound in tape sourced on Ebay.

Then I spotted this post! I tried to remove my radiator brackets. One came off no problem -the other seized. Eventually removed. I cleaned up and painted the brackets and renewed the bolts. All reassembled with coppereeze. So, if the radiator ever needs replacing I now know the brackets can be removed and that its necessary to remove the radiator grille to access the bolts for the radiator/air deflectors before the radiator can be removed.

I need a replacement bumper grille ( the old one had a third missing and what remained was severely damaged ). I belief I have a source. Hopefully all will be reassembled soon. The front end will look better and I will know the rust worm has been successfully repelled in this area.

My simple message: Its winter, lots of us have a Corrado as a second/Summer car, and this is the sort of work to do now that costs little and improves the car's appearance/longevity greatly. Remove your bumper and see what's lurking there!!

Edited by bmwcompact