j90ny

Sunroof again (sorry)

Hello new to the corrado world.

Loving every minute of it apart from the sunroof leaking, Now i have done all my research about different possibilities of what's causing it. But when i went to clean out the draining holes i cant seem to find the pipes :scratch: front or back. Does this mean its been changed ? Will post pics up if that helps.

Thanks Jon

they are on the sunroof cassette . one on each corner.they run down the front pillars, and the rear ones . There is no changing if they are on they are on or someone has removed them . pic would help.regards rob

Thanks for the reply. Here is the front drivers side under the headlineing

DSC00810.jpg

And heres from above i took the mech out thinking that there would be a hole underneith but nothing :shrug:

DSC00812.jpg

(sorry for the size and quality it was getting dark)

The drain holes can be seen from the top of the sunroof cassette looking down and you will find them in each corner as already mentioned.

Wire coat hanger or some air pressure usually shift out the obstructions.

You will find the other end in the front wheel arch behind the liners and the rear ones live at the leading edge of the rear bumper, just look for black rubber rubes.

Sorry to sound stupid as hell but what bit is the sunroof cassette ?

Also i have given the whole sunroof a good clean out with the air line.

Thanks for the help so far though

When mine leaked at the rear of the sunroof,I took the rear bumper off (4 bolts) and rodded the tubes upto the sunroof. This way any debris doesn't get pushed down any further ! I used an old bonnet cable, good luck

I have a leaky problem.

Had my car resprayed and now it seems that the park position of my roof is out, with the rear edge of the panel sitting about 2 or 3mm lower than the front, resulting in a leak.

What's the easiest way to remedy this??

Thanks

Ollie

do a search on position .There are four bolts that you have to adjust. think its 1mm below at front and 1mm above the roofline at the back ,or its the other way round , search will tell you anyways . regards rob

Ah dragon green thats excellent when i get a chance i will get the bumper off and have a look.

Ive got the headlining out now

DSC00815.jpg

would they not run along the top there ?

Thanks jon

I've just been looking through the bentley and I'm struggling to understand where the adjusters for the lid are, and how to access them - From above with the lid in full tilt??

I've 'parked' the roof in the correct position using the manual control - no leak :D

Ollie

I've just been looking through the bentley and I'm struggling to understand where the adjusters for the lid are, and how to access them - From above with the lid in full tilt??

I've 'parked' the roof in the correct position using the manual control - no leak :D

Ollie

You have to tilt the lid upwards and then pull back on the lining panel which will then release. you will then have access to the four torx head adjustment screws.

However, if you have been able to park the lid correctly using the manual control then it sounds like your motor is not syncronised.

To syncronise:

Manually close lid to correct position

Remove motor (leave plug connected)

opeate motor to closed position.

refit motor.

Hope this helps.

Edited by mr.ots