G60MAT

No Insurance from Chris Knott

Just rang the office to be told, you would not insure either of my cars if they have modifications?!

Never been able to come close to Brentacre's prices for me when I've tried them. Brentacre are good as far as mods go.

Not hundred percent sure of where they stand on Modded cars, but I have just re-insured with Sky Insurance......really competitive and helpful.

Chris knot allow Upto 50bhp on their policies for VR6OC, however what they state changes with the weather!

Won't insure you if you have an engine conversion without an engineers certificate to confirm it won't fall out. So that's a no go for me

Very weird, maybe it was the cleaner who answered! ;)

i'm phoning them up for a quote today so i'll let you know how i get on.

the mods i have are ported charger, 68mm pully, (+30bhp) kw springs and after market alloys

Is that similar to you mat in terms of BHP increase and cost of mods?

Did some online searches and actually to my utter surprise got a call from Admiral Multicar. Heard bad things - but very helpful and gave a great price for all 3 cars including all the mods on the Corrado and agreed valuation. Not due for a couple of weeks but looks promising...

Did some online searches and actually to my utter surprise got a call from Admiral Multicar. Heard bad things - but very helpful and gave a great price for all 3 cars including all the mods on the Corrado and agreed valuation. Not due for a couple of weeks but looks promising...

If you drop the corrado clubs name with Kriss Knott they should try to beat any quote you get... that's if they still cover mods that is....

If you drop the corrado clubs name with Kriss Knott they should try to beat any quote you get... that's if they still cover mods that is....

I did and the guy was just a no! Wouldn't entertain any mods, I was even polite! ;)

I did and the guy was just a no! Wouldn't entertain any mods, I was even polite! ;)

pooo.... well ill let you know how I get on. Maybe mention it on the Corrado club forum, I know they have an agreement with them and they certainly have a few members insured with them that have HEAVILY modified cars.

I won't touch them with a barge pole, after i had a policy with them,

Had a little knock in someone else's car and when i phoned the insurance company that knotts said i was with, they tured round and told me i wasn't covered even though i had told knotts that i needed cover to drive other people's cars, so i was paying for fully comp insurance but wasn't covered to drive other peoples cars because the advisor didn't tell me i needed to be 25 or over, when i challenged the knotts company i got right through to the manager who is a round about way said i was lying that asked for cover to drive other peoples cars,

So what i am saying is be careful with what they say you are covered for!!!!

Sorry for the rant but i thought you guys should no!!

I won't touch them with a barge pole, after i had a policy with them,

Had a little knock in someone else's car and when i phoned the insurance company that knotts said i was with, they tured round and told me i wasn't covered even though i had told knotts that i needed cover to drive other people's cars, so i was paying for fully comp insurance but wasn't covered to drive other peoples cars because the advisor didn't tell me i needed to be 25 or over, when i challenged the knotts company i got right through to the manager who is a round about way said i was lying that asked for cover to drive other peoples cars,

So what i am saying is be careful with what they say you are covered for!!!!

Sorry for the rant but i thought you guys should no!!

The phone calls should be recorded to cover your back and theirs, you should be able to request them to listen to the point of sale call and can even request your own copy to be sent to you :)

they insured me with mods last year but this time i went with insign thru flux and they were cheapest

OK the deal is as follows

they do ensure modded cars....

HOWEVER!

there are a few requirements to be considered

1. you must have at least 1 years no claims (if you have two or more cars you need no claims bonus on BOTH cars!)

2. The Modifications can not represent more than a 50bhp increase to the car

The bloke on the phone was very helpful and if I had the no claims he was after he would have been happy to give me a quote. he also said that classic car insurance would be beneficial to me and suggested other brokers to contact! was very pleased with the entire conversation.

He did say that Modded cars used to be insured by their underwriters but that a year ago they changed their policies (not chris knott... the underwriters they work for). Tis a shame!

This year I found the most competitive company to be Aviva, direct on their website. Did a quote for the Rado that was significantly less than elsewhere, went to the point of buying a few times online (until entering payment details) and then stopped. Next night i got a phone from them and they tried to get a better price. They got it down by £100!

Also, I bought a T25 the other week and have no NCB for it, so was getting stuffed everywhere. Roll on Aviva and their Multi Car Policy.

Would have cost too much to transfer the Rado onto it ( £300 quote difference plus cancellation charges for existing policy, however they gave me a quote of £288 for the van! No NCB, 3 convictions declared, fully comp. I was gobsmacked and paid right away :) I can put the Rado on the multicar policy next year.

So, try Aviva...lol