luke w

Phone holders that fit an early dash

Can anyone recommend a cheap phone/mp3 holder that will fit the verticle vents you get with the early Corrado dash? All the ones I've come across only seem to work with horizontal vents.

Brodit used to sell a holder that would fit a Corrado/Passat dash without any mounting screw holes - think it was called the Pro-Clip.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've checked it out but I'm not sure how it works from their description and photos. They say it doesn't damaged the dash in anyway but they show it being screwed in?! Anyone on here have one or used one?

I have one, but can't find it at the moment. As I recall, one side clips into the side of the glovebox, and the other under the dash trim beside the radio - there's also one that fits over the radio. I think the whole point of them was that you did not need to use any screws - fitting instructions are here :

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/fitting_Instructions/Proclip.asp?Brodit=651903&Make=Volkswagen&Model=Corrado

Hi. Thread revival :)

I bought a Brodit Proclip for the Corrado (and one for my Passat B6 too)

The Passat one fitted in 5 minutes. But the Corrado one I can't figure out.

The instuctions state...

Attention! Read all instructions before attaching the ProClip.

1. Open the glove compartment. Use the enclosed alchol pad to clean the area where the ProClip is to be installed. Peel off the adhesive tape cover on the ProClip.

2. Press/hook the angled edge on the left side of the ProClip behind the glove compartment frame at pos. 1.

3. Pull the ProClip to the right and hook the right part of the ProClip over the console edge and press the grooved edge into the gap between the center panel and the padded console edge at pos. 2.

Step 1 and 2. --- I opened the glovebox but I don't see where the Proclip needs to go. Do I need to take the glovebox door off?

Step 3. ------ This terrifies me! Does it fit between the dash and the inner centre console where the stereo is? If so, I think any kind of force there will shatter the plastic, it's very tight.

On the Passat B6 the trim is much more forgiving and there was a gap already, just had to give the Proclip a good push to get it in. Really like the holder, works a treat.

Maybe you can post a couple of pics to help me.

I have a Kenu airframe (cheaper versions are available) Has worked on all my cars, the bit on the back spins round so should suit vertical or horizontal vents

Hmm - I don't use mine any more as I just use an iPhone with a Nokia bluetooth unit now. I think there were two different ones for Corrados, one early and one late, so make sure you have the right version. I'd recommend loosening the mounting screws on the centre console while fitting it, or else something is likely to break.