VW_OwneR_85

Vr6 , tt seats

yea there was an open end on the tube from the oil breather pipe to the inlet pipe , not sure if that was the cause or not,but iv now plugged it up, well find out soon though :)

yea i think most of it could be down to the throttle body re learning its position?

also anybody know what that vacum pipe is for that comes out from under the fuel pressure regulator that goes into the inlet pipe just after the maf?

yea it did sound nice , i couldnt rev it though because of the neighbours :(

soon though ;)

well hopefully found the casue for the lambda and maf fault! and the engines poor running!,

NO live to MAF and Lambdas! followed the yellow and blue wire back to here !

DSCF0157.jpg

so hopefully once this is wired up my car should be running 100% :)

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

got mine working properly today!! so stoked! although i need to buy a new rad, so the inital maf +lambda fault was a wire which wasnt connected to anything, after that it still didnt run right, found the temp sensor to be reading 80 degress! so checked the wireing which was ok and changed the sender which was at fault still not running right, then skool boy error! vac leak from the brake servo because the master cylinder wasnt bolted up! realy didnt know it needed to be bolted up to seal the vac! , it runs sweet as a nut and no faults on ECU , re done the throttle pedal arm to suit the lower position so chuffed right now! :)

finished off my vdo gauges aswell, ready to go in, trimmed in faux black leather..

i used the old tape cassette holder as a template and then cut that of sheet metal,

DSCF0163.jpg

gona stick it inplace with sticky velcro strips, got all my wireing there ready for it aswell,

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Nice one! You must be chuffed :D

Yeah the blue/yellow wire needs to be connected to the black wire on the ignition switch (or to the fuseboard) so that it stays live whilst cranking ;) That stumps quite a few ME7 convertees that one :D

cheers guys, yea knowing its running sweet is a massive weight off my shoulders,

but atleast with the problems i had with the loom made me get involved with electrics and that was a dark area for me before.

R32 wireing mods any different apart from the rev counter ? :)

Pretty much exactly the same as a BDF 2.8. Just need a little converter box to run the tacho if it's a MK5 ECU.

I've also learned shed loads about wiring and having all the right tools for the VAG plugs makes a huge difference to the overall neatness. For example, the MAF plug on mine is on the left hand side, so I had to take the plug off to poke the wires through a hole in the scuttle. Having to snip the wires and resolder them.... nah...bollicks to that!

ah right , thats neat, yea little things like that make all the difference,that reminds me, my rev counter works aswell :)

well thats good to know about the 3.2 wireing , shame the 3.2's are out of my price range but theres allways next year ,

i'll try and get a video up for tonight , hopefully the neighbours wont be there when i get there...

Great piece of reading you've put together here and great build, not to mention the amount blood sweat and beers that have no doubt gone into this :thumbleft:

cheers dude, more like Tea,money & time though ;)

thoroughly enjoying it though and an awesome learning experiance its been so far , i got this office chair in the shed and i some times just sit there looking at the car just thinking to myself wow! i did that! . prety good feeling, .. got a little vid of it running but im not to happy with posting it up as its crap! i will get a decent one though when the cooling system is filled properly and ran up to temp for some happy reving :) in the mean time heres the gauges in action , hope you like , becasue i do!!

DSCF0169.jpg

Did you get much of a list of fault codes?

Stealth have done mine in a slightly different way. The ECU has been deimmobilised and it will run, but they said to take it in for a custom remap to shift all the codes etc as they tend to see different codes from different installs!

not realy only got them 3 about the lambda probes and maf,

DSCF0156.jpg

then after that i replaced ecu relay 109 for a 32 as i was told before hand soemthing about an earth trigger for fuel pump which might be the cause of the no fuel but that only threw up an ecu realy malfunction code, so in all only 3 logged faults because of maf and lambda wire not connected, but now its connected no faults, im hopeing once its driven it will stay that way..

Due to smoothing the front bumper i had to relocate the indicators, i decided to use the highbeam

bulb area in the head lamp for it, now here in guernsey in the channel islands you cannot drive with highbeam on for more then 30seconds unless your driveing around at 2am as you will allways dazzle other road users, our roads are very small!, anyway turns out that i still have a highbeam as it uses two bulbs so i can still flash but obviously wont be as bright as it was on highbeam,,

headlight1st.jpg

headlight3rd.jpg

your thoughts on this? i love it :)

Like what you did here - I'm in the process of sorting all my electrics out (have a smoothed front bumper also) and was wondering - Did the original bumper indicators drop directly into the your head lights or did you have to modify anything?

My current setup: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?75804-Headlight-lamp-configuration

yo, basiclay i got the bumper indicator bulb holder , removed the high beam bulb stuff completly from in the head lamp,

then cut out the perfect size hole for the indicator bulb holder to fit where the high beam bulb was, i made it a tight fit by useing a file and takeing only what i needed off, i then used glued afterwards to be on the safe side, now the indicator wireing runs inside the head lamp at the back and pops out a hole i drilled with a rubber grommit, and then plugs into the same plug as the indicator did before. i still have a high beam btw i have also replaced the amber bulbs for clear ish ones but go amber when lit up..

Did you get much of a list of fault codes?!

been driveing it the last couple of days, just getting used to it and getting to know the engine {wierd as it sounds} iv got two new faults which werent showing before but doesnt seem to be affecting the performance, one is the a fault for before cat lambdas reveresed! lol how the hell does the ecu know that?

the other is for the vehicle speed sensor, now a guy on mk2vr6.com has done this conversion and has a problem where he cant rev past 5200rpm ,

united motorsports has replied and says its possibly down to the ecu not getting a signal from the vss and the rev limiters kicking in because of that so it looks like im gona need to sort that out aswell, united motorsports can remove the limiter no problem so thats an option, thinking about spliceing a wire off the vss to the corrrect pin to ecu although im not sure if that will affect the speedo reading? , otherwise its so nice to drive, im realy stoked on the out come of this conversion the difference is night and day!, and the sound imo kills the vr6! hands down, everytime i change gear and release the throttle you can here the inlet manifold doing something almost like a subtle dumpvalve and the exhaust tone is obscene with the miltek decat but the main thing is the instant acceleration! its there! LUV IT!!

Ah cheers quicky, ill let him know about that, swapped over my lambdas today , so that the brown plug is nearest the passenger side, no more fault for reversed lambdas :)

also got my temp gauge working yesterday aswell, i had only gone and mixed up the earth wire from the sender plug , {another thing i had to add to the loom}

so just one more fault about the vss and then jobs a gooden! iv been informed that i need to splice the vss wire from the ecu plug to W/1 on the fusebox,

looking at the ce2 diagrams this is correct as its for the speed sender, , but looking at the BDE diagrams the ecu plug has two vss wires! so not sure what to do there?!

before

DSC00043.jpg

& after :)

DSC00060.jpg

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

oh dear, iv been abit silly :(

iv only gone and swaped a working car {audi a3 1.6 } for an unfinished project! the audi had its fair share of problems and idd rather be driving this tbh! needs abit of work but im gona hammer it out and get it done, its my new daily!!!

it was a 1.8 16v but the previous owner put a 2.0 16v ABF in it, means nothing to me as it seems to be missing 2 cylinders!!

DSCF0180.jpg

comes with a staggerd set of 16" lenso bsx? bbs reps with very good toyo tyres,

need to sort out the rust problems fast so it'll be bullet proof for the winter ,

DSCF0181.jpg

leaking nicely into the wheel well!!

DSCF0185.jpg

will be spraying the lights all red!!

DSCF0182.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

cut the rott out ,

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

rather pleased with myself, having all the gear and learning from when i did the rado makes this an absolute breeze,

DSCF0192.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

bye bye aerial!

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0195.jpg

, bad news is iv just realised its had a slight colour change!! original colour is atlas grey LP7V and iv orderd that already,

think the new colour is reflex silver? realy not sure though, so f-it the roofs going back to original,

yo, its good thanks, just sat outside in the rain getting cleaned lol, my temp insurance ran out on it and the weathers turned into absolute crap over here so i wouldnt be driveing it anyway,

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread... ultimately the kind of project I'd love to take in but for the fact I don't have a garage... one day. Keep up the good work!