VW_OwneR_85

Vr6 , tt seats

i realy hope so, just hope the temp doesnt effect it to much when im spraying with the colder weather, going to borrow a red rad electric workshop heater from my old work so its going to be realy warm and cozzy in there ;)

yea hopeing to, have no idea what time though i'll give you a text if ya like when i go down, need to have a major clear up and make some shelves aswell!

finnaly got around to putting on the basecoat {colour} today, it went prety well, not as well as i was hopeing but the visible panels have turned out prety good, only 3 things which didnt go to plan, slightly scrapped air hose on paint , not bad but will need attention, condensation dripped off my mask on to the passenger side sill! so i gota sand that out! and in a couple of spots there was like contamintion marks which i have no clue where they came from , could of been the resin from my tack cloth but this is mainly on the drivers side door shut/sill so not visible when doors shut, overall im pleased with how the paint layed down, that devilbliss gun is an absolute beast!! compared to the cheap sealey gun, beautiful fan pattern and so smooth to operate, just need sand out those bits and re shoot another coat atleast iv got decent coverage and im halfway there :)

pics arent great due to the light and i didnt have much space,

it hasnt got its glossy wet finish yet as it still needs its clearcoat

basecoatdown1.jpg

basecoatdown3.jpg

basecoatdown2.jpg

basecoatdown4.jpg

basecoatdown5.jpg

progress!! i got around to finishing the sunroof,bonnet,fuel filler flap and bonnet hinges!! prety happy with it so far!

just gota wetsand and buff some dust nibs...

partsreadyforpaintcleared.jpg

3 coats of 2k clear

sunroofcleared2.jpg

sunroofcleared.jpg

nothing special but 10x's better then before! which was matt black by an aersol cann!!! {not me btw}

bonnethingescleared.jpg

and the bonnet!!!

bonnetcleared3.jpg

bonnetcleared5.jpg

the reason im re doing the bonnet is because {if you read the whole thread?} this was my first ever spray peice, even though it turned out ok

at the time i didnt know about the guide coat technique when sanding {around the bonnet scoop repair} and as a result at the right angle you could see highs and lows

and i know it could be improved alot! so far everything looks straight! more to follow :)

Wow, some really good effort you've put into that. I remember seeing this car up for sale on PH's last year, photo'ed outside a cottagey type house with ivy or something all over the walls? That bonnet scoop was hard to forget.

And before that i'm sure it was in the classifieds on this site?

Anyway good job, and well done for saving another C from an inevitable death. Do you plan on keeping it once completed?

yea that was the add on ph didnt look bad in them photos, yea ill be keeping this one for awhile, theres no way i can sell it now iv put this much time and money into it, i kinda wish i woulda waited for one in better condition but this one has given me the chance to get involved with body and paint and not feel like im butchering a perfectly solid corrado so its all good, just happy to see some results, its not perfect at the mo, need to sand out 2 runs and some dust nibs and some dry spray which i think was down to over spray, then i'll scuff the lot back and do 2 more coats of clear which should go down prety flat then wetsand and buff!! after its back together i'll still need to do both wings and both doors and rust repair on the tail gate but i'll do that as and when as there just panels and can be done individualy, the hard bits almost over, also got brand new windscreen trims and seals also TT wipers n blades will also be doing all red rear lights and hopefully in a few months time i'll have some funds to get my long awaited banded steels made up!!

right thought idd best tackle the rust repair on the tailgate as it needs welding and thats easier to do off the car rather then risk welding splatter on fresh paint, 2 main areas which need attention,

below number plate light surface rust has cracked the paint and bare metal is exposed also has a big nasty hole in the bottome right corner,

tailgaterepair1.jpg

tailgaterepair2.jpg

tailgaterepair3.jpg

tailgaterepair4.jpg

i did grind out the rust below the number plate light and treated it then skimed the whole are with filler but i forgot to take a pic,

tailgaterepair5.jpg

should have the tailgate fitted by sunday at the latest,

lol im on a mission man, cheers i'll give you a tinkle when its all ready,im hopeing to get it painted tomo if the prep doesnt take to long if not weds for sure, so if all goes to plan thursday evening would be golden but my time estimates are usualy delayed by twice as long, so we'll see :).....

tailgate and sun roof fitted! and the car is looking like a car again!! so happy! its almost there! think next week i may have to take out temp insurance! :)

tailgate turned out Alwite!

used cable tie offcuts to pack the seal up so the paint flows under the seal, still need to clean up the seal from the old previous paintjob though,

tailgatesealup.jpg

tailgatepainted.jpg

also cavity waxed the inside corners,

did these today! surprising easy! should have a backend photo tomo!

allredrears2.jpg

allredrears.jpg

those were straight after painting so a little buff tomo and they should look abit flatter,

No windscreen rust hehe

DSC00705.jpg

almost plain sailing from here....

gave the old rear bumper a buff up also fitted it with new bolts from vw also fitted the rear tail lights,

so happy with how its looking!

my new bits which came to roughly £320!! with discount!

audi tt wipers n blades,roof mouldings, scutle tray moulding thingy, various bolts, windscreen trim peices and seal, bootlid hinge seal's, windscreen wedges and probably more iv missed,

DSC00710.jpg

some of these pics were taken with an actual camera and not a phone so may look a little different

DSC00708.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

i can safely say it looks better in flesh!!

thanks bud, another week and it should be driveable still loads of niggley bits to do but motivation is hiiiigh!! so its getting done! :) cant blady wait!!

very productive evening !! thanks to a handy friend we got the screen in last night, wasnt easy but it wasnt hard, its a case of measure twice cut once ,

also thanks to trickygti for getting the looms back through the tailgate and getting them all wired up and all working correctly.was realy nice to have

other people helpin get these little bits done! its almost there!! just need another tube of window adhesive for the quarter window,

windscreenapplyingglue.jpg

windscreengoingin.jpg

windscreenfitted3.jpg

windcsreenfitted.jpg

windscreenfitted2.jpg

Awesome work, when you have done I have 3 Veedubs that need similar work, give me a shout when you want the first sent to you ;-)

thanks rusty, lol thinki'll pass on doing your cars ;)

finnaly got it out the shed for the first time in months! let it get up to temp then brought it back inside ..

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

was abit smokey had water dripping from the exahaust, all died down when it got up to temp,

still need to do some little touchs but atleast i can drive it :)

aint updated for awhile, been driveing it every other weekend and iv prety much got it out of my system!

so i think its time to go 24v! its just something i got to do!

was planning on getting this done and dusted by next week but iv found out this week that the guy

doing my loom cant do it untill june!! as hes got 15 other looms to do before mine :( lol minor set back! found another guy that can do it end of april! gives me a chance to get everything cleaned up without rushing around i guess.

postman delivered this on his little bicycle :) its the BDE with an mot a few months back with just over 100k miles.

DSC00772.jpg

going to partly polish the cam cover where its visible, also painting inlet manifold same as me car {LC9Z}

DSC00777.jpg

Started makeing an engine crane chain thingy mo bob, 2ft scaffold pole,x2 wishbone bolts, abit of chain,

Just tapping a thread,

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

job done! well happy with it :)

DSC00782.jpg

still need to finish off degreasing the whole thing, and fit new water pump + 12v water/thermo houseings already fitted new cam cover gasket and i got new flywheel bolts+clutch plate bolts for when we put the vr box on :) cant blady wait!!!!

luckily i havent made a start stripping my corrado down , so it seems like the hardest part of going 24v is actualy organiseing the wireing ! lucky for me i brought another vr corrado loom for the conversion so my corrado can still be driven otherwise it would be in bits right now waiting on someone to make the loom up!! so anyone else thinking about doing this, get your loom made first and in your hands before you start anything else!

DSC00771.jpg

respect your have a go attitude mate, you just get stuck right on in there :thumbleft:

look forward to seeing this develop.

thanks rams :)

been sorting bits out for the conversion,

had the looms sent to a guy thats the dogs bxxxx at wireing only to find out that he cant do anything with them until

mid june!! as he has 15 other looms to do, so iv had to find another person to do it , cant be waiting that long!!

got my ecu back from united motorsports.

immo defeat, immsions stuff switched off , sai turned off = £100.00 :)

in the mean time my passenger door needed re spraying as it had paint blisters from bad adhesion { not me ;) }

Allways had a fancy for audi handles ..

from an A6

DSC00792.jpg

come to the conclusion that the lock aint gona work unless your some sort of lock smith GOD!

half of the lock barrel needs to go as it hits the window, so im gona get remote central locking,

DSC00791.jpg

part of my mk2 linkage, the first linkage failed due to to much flex,

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

ran out of primer! hopefully get some 2k locally tomo so i can get this finished this week

DSC00831.jpg