corrado9a

vr5 gearbox

hi all

I have been searching for a couple days information regarding swapping the gearbox from a VR5 engine into my VR6.

The problem is I haven't even found information regarding the box type,let alone ratios, Does it require a new gearbox mount, custom transmisions etc...

I don´t know if anyone here has made the swap, but if you can share any info it would be very very welcomed.

thanks

Not fitted but remember looking into this.

Afaik;

V5 box has same gear ratios but lower 3.94 final drive.

Same mounting points.

Maybe different driveshaft flanges depending on v5 code.

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but i broke my clutch so it's the perfect time to tune/massage the box.

Do any one know if swapping an AGZ box in a VR6 requires any custom work? (driveshafts, mounts, selector, etc..)

Thanks in advance

There is some info on other threads about the 3.6 final drive from the g60! I think the v5 gear box has been mentioned apparent ly the final drive on that box will have you wheel spinning every where.

i have been researching this for some time and yet i havent seen no clear answers about my question. I see more questions than answers and none is definetive as, I did that and it takes this and that.

Nevertheless for all of you in the UK, i have realized that the AGK box of the euro Vr6 with a 3.68 FD is just the same as the CGY box from a 2.0 16v engine. So i think is simpler and cheaper to remove all the internals from the 9A box and swap it into the bell housing of the Vr6. Is for your information in case is valuable to anyone wanting to do a 3.68 upgrade.

Cheers