Stella

Stella's Khaki Corrado!

Hey car people

I took MY LOVELY car for a service and had the cam belt fitted.

There were only a few other small issues, (wheel bearings and oil filter housing)

It was on the ramp so I had a good look underneath thinking I know nothing but did notce the front is quite rusted and has been repaired in places, what can be done to stop it getting worse?

There is also grease all over brake cable that runs underneath, mechanic is going to remove it to see what lies beneath, theres rust there too!!

Any suggestions or advice gladly recieved!!

I read the article on oil and got confused so what oil do you put in when required?

Many thanks

Stella x

rust is a b*stard & one to be expected. Best way is to: remove parts n have them shot blasted & painted, rub back the rust on the car & treat with kurust.... then paint/ wax oil. If its just a bit of surface then waxoil will preserve the precious metal.

oh yeah & GET SOME PICS UP!!

Stella is that one of them funny looking cars? Or is it now a beast that looks like its gonna eat the road and swallow small animals in it's path! ;)

Oh and welcome to the club! :)

Ha ha its the best looking car where I live!!! except for the red corrado I see now n again oh and the grey Mark 2 Golf up the road!!!

Just want it back So I can go out in it!!

Did u buy from tcs ? i bought the blue vr6 one from tcs last month, how it running , i did like the colour when i looked at it at his place .

hey

Yeah after a long discussion on here I bit the bullet and purchased it off TCS, I only got it last Monday so only played about in it for a day, had it taken to my mates garage for a full service so hopefully all will be well. The colour swung it for me, it's lush!

how is yours going?, I viewed mine at (Richards)house, he had two others out the back that looked cool too!

x

and dont forget if you have any problems with it, the guys and gals on here are awesome with advice and help.

Mines going alright cheers, took it to vw for service straight away to give it a look over and change the coolant. I've got an abs fault which i've already scanned with vagcom and its only a sensor and a small oil leak from the 0.3 bar pressure switch, apart from that its all good, i love my vr !!!

Looks smart Stella, its a nice colour, difficult to tell from the pics but is it more green or more grey? whatever it is its nice.

Tom

It is metalic pear Khaki green but does look different in certain lights, it's gorgeous and cant wait to pick it up tomorrow!!!!

Hey

I have been to the garage this morning and the car is still on the ramp

There are the following issues:

I need a break load sensing valve

A rear axel trailing arm front bush

I have taken photos so will up load shortly

Where is the best place to look for parts?

Euro car parts are good for bushes and I would try brakeparts.co.uk for the load sensing valve.

The trailing arm bushes are a swine to replace if its the main ones and I would suggest you definately do both at once. If you have the right tool for them you can do them in an hour, if not you need to remove the whole rear axle and it will take about 5 hours start to finish.

Here are some pics,

Oh and TCS are Dodgy as I do not believe the break load sensing valve could become that rusty and worn if it passed an MOT in June, I going to call and ask for some money back!!!!

Must be one of the rarest colours in the forum. Looks ace!

Good luck with other issues.

Visually that load sensing valve looks like most I have seen in the past that do actually still operate so dont let the rust fool you I rekon if that was to be removed, cleaned and free'd off again it would probably function properly. It looks like it has been sat for a while unused.

I can however say that there is no way that car should have passed an MOT with those beam bushes looking like that ! In saying that though if theres no play in the beam (which I dont see how there could not be) then it would get an advisory. Additionally thats a seriously rust hole in the first photo, but I can make out where on teh car that actually is ?

Edited by Sideways Steve

Hey

Thanks

The rusty hole is at the front of the car :(

I think i will be spending my summer holidays on here!!

Ahh is that the front sub frame ? Right behind the splitter ? If so thats a bit of a strange one as again that should have been an issue in the MOT as on most cars thats classed as structural however Im not sure if it is on the corrado or not.