Stella

Stella's Khaki Corrado!

Love this colour so much :)

Yay, Karl's still around. Your profile pic always makes me smile :)

Yeah i'm still around, and been looking at getting K895 HWG back on the road, been speaking to Qpeng about something first though. And there is a guy selling a t shirt with my profile pic mate.

accelerator pedal issue!!

The accelerator pedal jammed the other day and scared the life out of me, I am now worried to put my foot down?

Any ideas what would cause this?

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

accelerator pedal issue!!

The accelerator pedal jammed the other day and scared the life out of me, I am now worried to put my foot down?

Any ideas what would cause this?

Probably the cable frayed or the cable is getting caught somewhere in the engine bay or under pedals

Might be your car mats shifting forward, and going over the accelerator.

This happened to me several years back.. was pretty worrying, especially as I was accelerating up a hill, despite having my foot on the brake :lol:

Yeah happened to me as well turned out to just be the mats though. scary when you dont expect it though. hope its nothing serious Stella.

​Tom

Hey

Got no mats and it did it again and is now just revving like a lunatic, pedal is completely stuck, just glad i was on the drive!!!

Waiting for the RAC, the man who took my call has a Corrado too so there's a positive, sick of people saying its a bag of spanners, I love my car!, need to marry a mechanic!!

I disturbed the routing of the cable itself when changing my head.

Ended up feeding the cable and sheath back to the part where it enters the cabin via the scuttle.

It was getting caught slightly, all now good after making sure everything was routed correctly.

I would also check where it hooks onto the pedal as the rubber gland can work its way out

MOT FAILURE :(

The headlamps are 'excessively deterioted'. Any ideas where to get some ?

Gutted!

And someone has put a massive sctach down the bonnet :(

Hi Stella , when you say the lamps , do you mean the reflectors ? As they do go due to the age of our cars . Put out a wanted post , as there are a few breakers ATM . Sorry to hear about the scratch .

The reflectors sit in the back of the unit , as far as I know they don't come out , I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong . Apparently you can refurb them , I'm sure I've seen someone's members thread , saying they had done it . What I do know is they are very delicate .

Hey

Managed to buy a set of headlights from amosmotors in Derby, he seems to have every part you would ever need for a corrado!

there were loads there, it looked like a corrado graveyard but handy for parts:0

Lights been fitted now with the loom so all good, never realised how bad mine were

Thanks for all the advice too, i feel like harass people for their knowledge but its appreciated!

Spent three hours cleaning and polishing it so here are some pics :0

---------- Post added at 3:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:53 PM ----------

cant attach photos :(

Hey Stella, you could uploading to photobucket or similar? just copy and paste the IMG code on here instead of uploading to the site?

Good not fit for purpose. Regardless of the cars altitude they are the wrong size..

Take them back and request the correct size ones are supplied or a full refund..

You're not the first person to have problems with him. I've bought stuff and collected from him as he's not too far from me, never had any problems. I'll be honest and say after meeting and chatting with him I didn't come away with positive vibes. He may have took advantage of you being female.

Just raise the car yee haaaaa!

On a serious note though Stella the wrong size tyres invalidates your insurance so I would be demanding a refund.

Edited by lewvw

Happy Corrado Xmas 2u2 Stella

having skim read your 15 pages i :salute: you and think you have a gorgeous car!

It must be very frustrating for you and the bloke sounds like a dick but rest assured we will all give our

best advice to you on here for as long as you want it.

I am on my second rado after several years of bieng lost in the desert and rest assured i think they are one of the best handling

cars i have ever driven and compared with all the modern day crap out there it is worth the hassel

so lesson learned and chin up and i look forward to meeting up in the future!