slim_crx

mpg reading fault

hello all ive a problem with my g60, its reading that im getting 5mpg, starts off at 1ish and the highest it rises to is around 7

its obviously not doing that as its running fine and i put 20quid, which isnt alot of litres, think around 12ish maybe so wouldnt be geting very meny miles on that probabaly round 15 r so! but ive done near 30 miles and the needle hasnt moved much!

im just wondering is it the clocks or is it the thing that measures my mpg, any help would be appreciated

On the back of the clocks you *may* have a air pipe. Some of them do (some are electrical controlled). Sounds like your vacuum pipe on the back of the dash has popped off. Take the bottom of the panel off the dash (under the steering wheel) and you should be able to reach up without taking the clocks out and pop the pipe back on..

This happened to me!

I had a similar problem where my 1990 16v started reading crazy low migures 9.9 mpg etc. checked the tube was attached to the back and it seemed to be pretty secure. A few weeks later I had to remove the complete speedo unit which meant removing the tube. When I put it all back together the computer readout is working as normal! - guess maybe a kink in the tube somewhere along the route?

yeah i took a look and the pipe was on and i tryed following it thru the bulk head and it went into the loom, i musta disturbed something tho because it behaved itself for a day or 2 and then it went back to 4mpg, then has now went back to normal so would that be the pipe kinked or what