robo22sri

ibiza moon roof with motor

Not sure if the ibiza one is electric mate. The one I bought wasn't but I just unscrewed the handle and the Corrado motor fitted straight on ;)

Correct the Ibiza sunroof is not electric. Good thing that your motor is dead because the Corrado motor isn't the right one, it will work but it has a slightly longer drag when pulling the roof back. Go for a Passat or Golf Mk3 motor.

Yep. I've been down to my local scrappers this morning and got 2 mark 3 Golf motors. They both work fine and in actual fact are preferable to the Corrado motor as they don't put any strain on the mechanism when it's as far back as it will go. The Corrado motor takes the steel panel right back into the roof but the mk3/Passat motors stop about 2 inches further forward to allow the blind to still be movable. The Corrado motor will stop when the moonroof reaches the end of its travel, not because it's designed to but because the motor overheats and the thermoswitch cuts in as it can't move the cassette any further. Best to get the motor that's designed for the job with the slightly shorter duration IMO.

If you have a pre-93 interior you will also need the switch and wiring from the roof panel as it is different for the 93> and mk3 motor. I have the motor, switch and wiring for £20 delivered if you want it?

You will need a 93> roof panel as well, but I don't have one of those. You can fit it in to your early panel, but there will be a hole from the old switch.

Yep. I've been down to my local scrappers this morning and got 2 mark 3 Golf motors. They both work fine and in actual fact are preferable to the Corrado motor as they don't put any strain on the mechanism when it's as far back as it will go. The Corrado motor takes the steel panel right back into the roof but the mk3/Passat motors stop about 2 inches further forward to allow the blind to still be movable. The Corrado motor will stop when the moonroof reaches the end of its travel, not because it's designed to but because the motor overheats and the thermoswitch cuts in as it can't move the cassette any further. Best to get the motor that's designed for the job with the slightly shorter duration IMO.

That's a fruitin good point about the moonroof inner panel and the Corrado motor! I'm glad you mentioned that.

Sorry to correct you but the Corrado's motor travel is governed by timing. You need to tell it when it's in the closed position by dropping it from the roof and activating the full closure C/L. You can then operate the motor on the switch and you'll notice it runs for a precise number of seconds or revolutions, then stops. This translates to the panel having an inch or so still visible from the outside. If it goes further back than that, the timing mechanism has failed and you usually need to get the crank out and manually wind it forward enough for the motor to take over again. It's a really schitt system, but not VW's fault. Rockwell international are to blame for that one.

Kev, he's talking about the Corrado motor with the Ibiza/Passat blind. The Corrado motor can't drag the roof fully back because the vent/handle on the blind physically stops it, there is no restriction on the Corrado blind so it's not a problem. I had this also with my Ibiza roof a few weeks back. Once the shorter duration Passat motor was fitted the blind stopped just short of any blind to roof interference.

Does the ibiza moonroof sit properly in the corrado?? As I'm looking to fit a moonroof to mine too

Fits ok in mine.