ChrisL

Blackberry VR6...BBS RS301's -SOLD!

Been having my spare inlet manifold blasted.. get it back Monday to check the finish. Not sure if its right or if its just the photo.

IMG_22251.jpg

What colour spray should I go for on the engine cover please?

was it sand blasted and not vapour blasted. and as for engine cover keep it oe and do it in silver.

was it sand blasted and not vapour blasted. and as for engine cover keep it oe and do it in silver.

Not sure, maybe sand blasted. It was done by someone who does stuff for me at work, gonna have a look on monday and see what its like. He says its like a fresh casting. Should it have been vapour blasted?

Any ideas on what silver goes best?

I vote OE silver too. Mine has been painted the same colour as the bodywork. While it looks ok and I'm sure makes it a lot tidier than a tired one, I'd definitely prefer it standard silver.

I vote OE silver too. Mine has been painted the same colour as the bodywork. While it looks ok and I'm sure makes it a lot tidier than a tired one, I'd definitely prefer it standard silver.

I am definately doing it silver but wasn't sure if anyone new of the correct silver to use, i.e can you buy aluminium look or is there a ford colour that looks original?

Be very careful that no grit has lodged itself anywhere. Ive heard of engines dying after old blasting grit has worked loose and gone into the motor.

Thanks, going to put an airline on it at work tomorrow and give it a good going over!

sent my winter wheels refurbishing a coupel of weeks ago and picked them up on Friday. Really pleased with them. under normal light they are quite dark, when the sun shines on them the metallic really jumps out!!! tried to get it with the flash.

IMGP0024.jpg

IMGP0019.jpg

Just need 2 tyres.

Nice to meet you the other week mate i was a bit jealous of the colour tho i think ill be of to stealth rrd so will message you before hand if ur still going

Hows it going mate, have you got any further with the manifold colour..?

Sent the manifold back to the blasters to have a finer blast done as he said it would make it a bit brighter, hopefully I can then match the cover easier. Who knew it would be this complicated!

Now then mate. Spoke to you at Dubs Not Clubs at the ketch the other week :) wheels looking good!.

Cheers, yeah good meeting you.

Nice to meet you the other week mate i was a bit jealous of the colour tho i think ill be of to stealth rrd so will message you before hand if ur still going

Cheers, It looks like i'm still going although I'm not putting it on the rollers. drop me a message closer to the time.

Absolutely beautiful as ever.. one of the best Corrado's in the country, no doubt about it!

Wow, was chatting to Matt (redborbet) last night about this and he said you were from near Hull, couldn't believe it! I saw you near B&Q a week or so ago and it looked stunning, I was wondering why I hadn't seen it before or known who owned it.

Did you know a guy local to you with a silver corrado VR6 that rolled it?

[quote

Did you know a guy local to you with a silver corrado VR6 that rolled it?

Think i know who it was dave not personally but one of the lads i used to train with ! It was one of his mates !! Did it happen down the sidw of bp ? Think some kids on bikes with no lights or a deer or something

Dunno where it happened, just when you told me where Chris was from I thought its either Corrado no.2 "lets hope I don't roll this one" or "nice corrado, I need one of those in my life". Reason I ask is because my mate literally 10 houses away bought it and the remains now live in a mk2 golf.

Dunno where it happened, just when you told me where Chris was from I thought its either Corrado no.2 "lets hope I don't roll this one" or "nice corrado, I need one of those in my life". Reason I ask is because my mate literally 10 houses away bought it and the remains now live in a mk2 golf.

I know the kid who rolled the corrado, he lives round the corner. He'd bought it off another lad in our village only a few weeks before he rolled it. I was gutted when I found out, not the tidiest corrado but still a corrado!!

I've been after buying a VR Corrado for about 17 years and finally decided to treat myself.

Chris, I tried to get Bill to sell me that car for years. I only saw it for sale the day you were picking it up! Best of luck with her, Its a beauty.

Chris, I tried to get Bill to sell me that car for years. I only saw it for sale the day you were picking it up! Best of luck with her, Its a beauty.

Funny that, I remember him saying when I was picking it up that he'd had a call from someone in ireland about the car.

Cheers

Cheers! I think the wheel is a momo club 4? the momo gearknob will be coming off though as I'm not keen.

That's exactly what it is. I've got one myself. Perfect size and feel imo and suits the Corrado well.

Nice car :D