24V Renshaw

Renshaw project (probably going to sell / swap)

I was there mate! Just missed you as I was late arriving.

Got the first wishbone fitted no problem and went to fit the second one, when the classic happened and the front bolt sheared off. Typical!

Thankfully it was still sticking through so I was able to drive to the meet.

Got the wheels on and the new suspension, which didn't quite feel right, which having done some research since I got back appears to be the wrong upper spring seats. So new ones are on order...

Anyway.. Pics of how she sits right now...

d0f3520b.jpg

cd9cfe64.jpg

Jay

Looks fantastic Jay! You must be pleased with the weekends hard work?

Thanks Jim. It's coming together and the big push this weekend was worth it. Bit frustrated at the moment though as there are some bits that are not right yet. Want to get the suspension sorted as its horrid to drive at the moment as its basically sitting on the bump stops, I have found out there are two sizes of spring platform and I seem to have the wrong ones for the H&R springs so they are just all wrong!

Got a replacement subframe on route to me, which should be with me by Wednesday fingers crossed so I can replace that and the second wishbone on Thursday night. MOT on Friday.... Arggggh

Jay

Looking good Jay, them wheels really suit the Corrado. Does it feel any different with all the new rear bushes and stuff?

Cheers fella. The back feels spot on, but as the front is so wrong at the mo it's really hard to tell. Got to set all tracking and camber yet too. Give me a week and I will let you know mate.

Might even get chance to weigh that beam for you too :)

jay

Wow, that looks great Jay.

Would have really liked to give your car a once over (as I would all the others there), but due to conflicting commitments, I had to chip off earlier than I would have liked.

Great work all the same.

PS: I agree that we should kick off a regular meet. Bounce ideas and swap/trade parts etc.

So tonight's job is removing the subframe with the sheared off bolt in it. Fingers crossed the subframe to body bolts play ball...

New BBS centre badges have arrived in the post, so they will have to go on too :)

Updates later...

Your a crazy guy,remember to replace all the nuts and bolts as it will be frowned upon....lmffao.....!!!!!

Good luck! Have you got all the parts together ready to go? Did you get the new spring caps?

Nope, tonight is just a removal exercise of the old subframe. Train to work again tomorrow!

Not even got out there yet, the missus has gone out for the evening and typically the 12 week old has taken longer than normal to settle to sleep.

Thankfully both she and the 2 year old are now asleep so I can get into the garage complete with baby monitor and get on with it.

Jay

I can get into the garage complete with baby monitor and get on with it.

How good is technology when it allows you to do this.

Hey Jay,

Just been catching up on the progress you have made on the car - cant believe how well the paint came up after the wet sanding and polishing! I remember seeing the swirls and scratches at the Stealth meet a while ago. Looking at the car now it is hard to believe it is the same one, well done mate!

Those wheels look ace, good luck getting the suspension issues sorted out - the car looks and sits great on the RC's. Looking forward to see progress, good luck with the MOT.

H

Cheers. There is a lot of work still to do on the paint, the swirls are better, but there are still a lot of holograms as I have not gone over it properly yet.

Managed to get everything undone on the subframe this evening, which is a huge relief, so it's ready to drop off tomorrow night when the new one arrives.

Top caps are definitely wrong, the springs had moved past them and were resting on the underside of the body.

So a few things to sort tomorrow.

Going to pick up new ARB bushes and drop links on the way home tomorrow. Might aswell while I am there... :)

Jay