24V Renshaw

Renshaw project (probably going to sell / swap)

Cheers Abdul. I am genuinely excited about driving it with every single suspension component being new :)

Jay

Edited by 24V Renshaw

Standard for now. I am going to work towards correcting the geometry with it being lowered slightly, rather than compensating with Anti Roll bars.

Jay

So last night I removed the old subframe and wishbone and had the replacement subframe lined up to fit, but I could just not bring myself to fit the dirty subframe and anti roll bar when I looked at the freshly powder coated wishbones and rear beam etc...

So the subframe is now at the powder coaters ready to be picked up this afternoon, cheers Andy, and I will be fitting it tonight, along with the new wishbone and fresh ARB.

MOT is tomorrow morning at 8:30 so I have added some extra pressure to myself, but everything is going back together new and clean now so should be no issue.

Managed to get the brakes bled last night, which are now rock solid. The air was trapped in the Master Cylinder and a little bleed of the tiny (7mm) bleed nipple on it and the pedal suddenly went solid. Big relief....

The last pieces of the jigsaw tonight are to fit the replacement spring top plates which are now the right size and also set the camber and tracking.

I will post progress photos throughout tonight for all you pic whores :)

Jay

are you replacing the front ARB or just getting it coated?

not sure what to do with mine, do they wear out?

Looking good Jay, fingers crossed for you tomorrow for the MOT.

I got my TÜV tomorrow as well at a similar time. Will you be making the trip to Wörthersee this year?

Watching with interest, and i'm backing you to beat the clock and get a fresh mot.

Live update 1 : 8pm

Newly powder coated subframe and ARB, complete with brand new ARB bushes.. All I have to do now is get it together and fitted

6e9ba485.jpg

2af12778.jpg

Jay

some great work going on,good luck with the mot especialy if its a late one,you cant beat a clean underside as you say it doesnt seem right fitting rusty parts to clean ones,i developed a strange obsession with this one so im guessing wel see alot more underside refurb going on,top work.

Edited by tim20vt

Done. 20 past one in the morning buts it's basically done.

Couple of things I have not been able to do like replace one of the incorrect spring seats as I don't have any more energy, but I will hopefully get that done tomorrow morning. Night!

Jay

da989bcc.jpg

Edited by 24V Renshaw

Well Done Jay, powder coated subframe looks sweet and the finished picture looks amazing, paintwork looks perfect. Whats next?

It will be a show winner by the end of the year!!!

Good luck with the MOT

Postponed the MOT until monday as I forgot I don't have my new rear ABS sensors yet and I need those working before it can go in. But it's nice to know the hard work is done...

Jay

Spent today fitting the rear ABS sensors and a new set of front ARB drop links as it was the only thing I had not replaced on the front end. Also removed the suspension again and shortened the bump stops as they were too long.

Also did all the wheel alignment. set the camber to -1 and the toe to 0

Will get the alignment all done fully somewhere once I am happy with the ride height etc..

Going to give it a wash and Hoover tomorrow so will post some pics up to show how it's sitting now everything is as it should be.

Jay

Have you had a drive of it yet with all the new suspension bushes etc? Cant wait to see the pics tomorrow.

Went out for a spin finally about half an hour ago. Only a very gentle one as I have my MOT tomorrow so didn't want to blast it just yet. Took a load of photos and am just trying to get them off my memory card and will post em up in a mo.

---------- Post added at 8:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:33 PM ----------

Right... finally got the pics off the camera.

Now the paint looks better in these pics than in the flesh, but I am getting happier with how the car is coming along now. :)

I have even managed with a little help from Andy, to get chance to give the interior its first basic wipe down since I bought the car!!! I know I know!

Anyway, fingers crossed for the MOT tomorrow, but she is a joy to drive now and with a few more tweeks will start to be just how I want it.

DSC06588.jpg

DSC06589.jpg

DSC06595.jpg

DSC06596.jpg

DSC06600.jpg

DSC06597.jpg

Jay

Looks great. Cant believe thats the same car that I saw at the rolling road day. Whats next on the list of jobs?

Does it still have the original sony CD player in the dash? If so, and you ever want to sell it, can I have first dibs please?

Cheers all. Yep still the original Sony CD Player! I will probably change it at some point as I would like to do a real high quality audio install eventually. So I will let you know mate.

Next on the list is lots and lots and lots of cleaning and detailing of the interior and the paint. As Andy said to be honest the interior was grim. Its all perfect condition and all there, it was just grubby. A quick wizz over with APC and it looks a million times better, but there is still a lot of improvement to be made. I want to "darken" the badges a bit front and back and also get some clean new number plates.....and then..... :) :) :)

Jay

---------- Post added at 9:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:05 PM ----------

Another pic I like.

DSC06603.jpg

Jay

Cheers, I have some retro Alpine V12 amps that I'll be taking out at some point if you'd be interested.