24V Renshaw

Renshaw project (probably going to sell / swap)

Yep. Steering wheel and seats were done for Stanford hall. Need to upload my pics off the camera. Will do it tonight and post them up.

Jay

Did you do the fuel pipes on side of engine yet?

Want to do mine, just interested to see what stuff you use?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Yep I did them. Used 8mm bore SAE rated fuel line and constant tension fuel clips and it goes on perfect. No more smell of fuel on the drive to work!

Jay

nice one, will look for some online, am sure i came across some last time i looked, but can't remember the site now

Managed to upload my pics from Stanford Hall this weekend. Was nice to finally get the car to a show, it scrubbed up OK after a day of paint correction :)

DSC07955.jpg

DSC07956.jpg

Also fitted the new steering wheel and had the seat bolsters sorted too which has smartened up the interior a bit...

DSC07958.jpg

DSC07959.jpg

DSC07960.jpg

Jay

For the coilovers I purposely bought non VR6 struts to make sure the length was short so when I do get the right springs it will give me plenty of travel at the height I run and allow the fitment of a nice long bumpstop.

The struts are probably 2" shorter than the already shortened Koni struts.

23878807.jpg

Jay

Jay

Corrado's looking really tidy now Jay well done its nice to see.

Quick question on the suspension setup your putting together. I never knew that the VR6 struts were longer than the other models, but if you are using non VR6 struts surely the damping rates are too low or have misunderstood something?

Little trick we use at work to measure suspension travel is to wrap a cable tie round the stanchion,

Good idea with the cable tie, might try that just out of interest.

Adjustable damping obviously helps with the different models, but as Kev found out the springs fitted to coilovers are often too high a poundage for sensible ride heights and actually the poundage for say a 16v would probably be about right. Maybe 300lbs or so. We will see soon.

Jay

Maybe 300lbs or so. We will see soon.

Which curiously enough is KW's softer option on their coilies. 325lb front, 228lb rear. Or 60 and 40nm in metric.

The standard German coilie rates are 400 front, 275 rear.

There are loads of motorsport places that sell every possible size and poundage of spring you want. They are pretty much all either 2.5 or 2.25" ID and you then just decide the length and poundage you want. Usually about £25 a spring.

Jay

Have you had any experience with vibratechnics engine mounts if you have what did you think of them cheers james.

Well the Corrado is going to be taking a bit of a back seat over the next few months as this week our house extension was started. A part of which is a nice new garage :)

So I said goodbye to the garage in the back garden..

[ATTACH]68545[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68546[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]68547[/ATTACH]

Roll on the new one :)

Jay

That's the wat to go! Bigger garage! Respect!

Looking forward to see it being built.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Just what I'm right in the middle of too! Takes up so much time and effort, not to mention money. I forked out a thousand pounds the other day just to pay for a sodding carpet for one room :-( that's half a respray! still you ultimately get the money back with a house...

Best of luck with it all, are you getting the builders in or are you doing some of it yourself?

So after intending to leave the C alone a bit while we focus on the extension, typically on the way to work the other day my coolant level light starting flashing, so topped it up with water and drove home. Next day on the way to work it starts flashing again. OK, a consistent leak somewhere, traced the brown stain to the heater matrix pipe off the back of the block and thanks to WesleyVR6 mentioning he knew one was in stock at VW I was able to get a genuine one yesterday on the way home. Cheers guys :). All fitted in about 5 mins and the reason for the leak is pretty clear to see...

[ATTACH]68616[/ATTACH]

Back to a water tight cooling system hopefully. I guess the new water pump I fitted a while back is finding the weak points :)

Oh and then last night the rear window in the X5 decided to drop inside the door so tonight's job is a new regulator for that. Typical the week the garage goes, thank god its not raining!

Jay

After a big shift in priority, it looks like the Corrado might have to go. With all of my time going into the house extension and with the longer term plan of building an Ultima GTR in the new garage, the Corrado is not a sensible choice.

I need a car I can use when I start the DIY and in the new year my wife can use when she goes back to work after maternity leave.

So, I think I will be selling/swapping for an Audi A3 TDi or similiar.

Jay

Got a feeling you were at a modify / OE crossroads with the car Jay. All I can say, is that you saved a fair car and turned into a great car. For that I commend your enthusiasm and passion.

Whatever happens next, I wish you all the very best.

James