Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Phil K's old C and others - new German Coupe!

Some of you will have seen her out and about by now but I just thought I'd put a couple of pics up on here... this is just the begining of a long long modding road!

The paint is probably her best feature, and I've not had a chance to wax it yet this winter :shock:

Lowering is probably first on the list (except getting the right bumper on the front :lol: ) then for a set of 16"'s, KR cams, magnex, and induction kit - neeeed to sort a better stereo too.

As with all modding missions though, ITS NEVER FINISHED! My MK1 Golf still had a long "to do list" when I sold her :lol:

Hey Phil, looks mint..

I'm sure I followed you on the way out at AGM sunday, I was in the Blue H plate rado following, you gave me way to get onto the M40???

BTW my cars looking abit different since I posted the pics of it on the forum.... :wink:

Block paving is a bit passe now.

laughing my ****ing a$$ off!

tut tut Phil C'mon! :D :D :D

It says perl grau met on the sticker on the inner wing - take it means Pearl Grey in english... Yeah I love the colour too, was the exact colour I wanted, so was well chuffed when it came up in the trader :D

Due to come home this Friday!!! I haven't driven NGU since August bank holiday last year... it had severe running problems and after a long time trying to figure out why it was running so bad (new cam chain, tappets, belts etc) it still wasn't right... we then delved further and discovered that the crank and pulley had so much play it was running 4 teeth out on the timing... this would explain why the timing had to be retarded by 40 degrees just to get it to turn over!!! The price for a new shaft and pulley was over £400 from the steelers and a new bottom end was £700! so a new bottom end was drafted in... when we got the existing block out we then discovered it was a KR rather than a 9A! This has caused massive problems as it's by no means a straight swap and we've had countless problems getting it running.. infact we still have to change the distributer to a 9A as the KR one is different causing my timing to still be out!

Anyway as you can imagine over the best part of a year there has been many many other engine swap related stories to do with all of this but i don't want to go on... :lol:

Bottom line is it should be sorted and MOT'd on Friday so I should have NGU back and running for the w/e if not then the begining of next week... and then I can start on the whole running in game...

Pics of the new engine to come....

Whilst down at the workshop yesterday I noticed that the vinyl around the rear window trim is peeling away and my roof lining is looking very shabby...

Any tips for sorting these two problems out... it's going to be on the drive for a week while i sort insurance and tax oput so this is the best time for me to take things apart and fix.

Cheers

It's home - very pleased, engine sounds so sweet... just got to run her in now!!!

New rims went on today - they some how make it look lower 8)

To come in the next few weeks... 60mm drop (thanks furki), stereo (amps and sub), tinted plates, full valet and various other tweaks :D

I wish it was... I have no road tax atm so have to leave it at home :cry:

It will be along for the meet next month though 8)

I can't stop looking at it - it's like having a new car again :D

Looks awesome! Uncomplicated 5 or 6 spoke alloys ALWAYS look good on the Corrado.. case in point! :) Will look even better when dropped :D