Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Phil K's old C and others - new German Coupe!

looks really good mate, just need to find a way of getting them splitties on now, you know the ones we were talking abt at no rice :wink:

Love your Car Phil.....

The Colour really picks out the attention to detail....

"Lovin it like that"

:wink:

Edit: Was gonna ask.... what did you use to darken your number plate ??

ZippyVR6, no nrews on the power drain - although I'm still convinced it's the alarm brain... will be looking into it once it's back from the body shop!

The ding in the door will be gone by Friday :D

mtc R32, they're made like that mate - Furkz got mine for me and they are't easy to find... will see if I can find out who does them and let you know 8)

Fitted a tow eye cover and gave the C a good clean and polish yesterday! Though it looked quite shiny in the pub car park as the sun was setting yesterday so borrowed a mates phone camera and grabbed a quick shot - low light and shaky hands don't help all that much though :?

Lovely car Phil, looked the business at the G werks do the other week.

Quick question for you:

Im on the look out for a 90mm chin spoiler and wondered what the going rate is for them and if they are hard to come by??

Have put a wanted thread up but so far no joy..

Cheers fella :D

For the splitter try GPC mate - they do them new and IIRC they're about £105ish (inc VAT)

No worries - they hardly ever come up second hand and in good nic - I got a bargain from Dave but in all the time I've been on here I haven't seen many - if any - come up :?

Put my new silver 16V badge on this afternoon and cleaned the leaves off from where it's being stored... will be off the The Phirm in the next week or so for a couple of engine mods too and then I'm bringing it back home as have been really missing not seeing it and not just being able to jump in and go for a spin when I feel like it 8)

lookin good phil,although i'd be tempted to satin black the the front spoiler,did mine an it looks like new!!infact i did all my plastics

ya can just see it on this pic

Picture001Small.jpg

DSC00044-1.jpg

Nice one fella.. tbh it does look black and like new but the light in that pic has made it look more like grey and it isn't helped by the fact it's wet :?

Planning to have a good play tomorrow so may have a go at spraying it if I'm wrong 8)

Thanks mate... will be a few weeks before I get to doing it as want to get all my engine work done first - going to call the Phirm this afternoon to arrange getting it in for surgery :D

Still need to get in to The Phrim but have a few bits and pieces sorted now :D

New battery fitted - this one is a decent one with 62ah so should be much better in terms of leaving it for a few days with the alarm etc on... the one it replaces (which was fitted when I had my engine work done :roll: ) was 45ah!!! Lower than VW say it should be and explains all my flat battery woes :roll:

Also got a nice new battery cover from VW - very reasonable for £20 and one of the last 2 in the UK - so hurry hurry hurry if you're after one ;)

Gave it a good clean after lunch (inside the wheels etc :oops: ) and managed a few pics before the light went... will be having a good stab at a calender pic soon if I can keep it clean 8)