Jim

West Midlands Rolling Road Day Feeler...?

Hi folks...

Just sticking out a feeler. Now the nights are turning darker and the days cooler wondered if there would be any interest in a Rolling Road Day. I'd most likely be looking at organising it at Stealth Racing as they've always been good for us in the past and priced runs on the rollers very well!

I'd be looking at something like end of October / early November. It'd be on a Sunday.

Any takers? :)

Could be good chance to meet some folks, and the last owner of mine had a rebuilt engine done at stealth so let's see how healthy she is.

I'd really like to come to this, but if I could politely request it'd be before the end of October that'd be amazing as I take my car off the road on October 31st!

Great idea Jim :)

I will probably come along to this but not sure if I will put it on the rollers as on the 29/10/11 Im taking the rado to a RR day with my mate and the TT owners club

Hm - see already within the first few posts there's a request for before the end of October and one for December.... so I already have to let someone down!

Could it be in the afternoon, on a sunny day at the end of the year but only when it rains, and not a school holiday or thanks giving. Definitley not on my grans birthday and preferably a day with a "Y" in it?

Other than that I will be there on the arranged day, unless I have something more important that day!

Appologies in advance.....just couldn't help myself! :p

Yes, unless I'm working. Can you keep me up to date outside of the Forum please Jimeny?

Xxxx

Of course :)

Looks reasonably promising thus far.. October is already looking tricky for me so I think I might look to schedule this into November when it's proper cold to help all you chaps with Forced Induction ;)

Bump for any more interest.. I might also ask the chaps at the VR6 Owners Club along?

Interested in this for sure! The colder the better :) It was pretty bleeding hot when Vince mapped mine in April/May I don't know if there's anymore power to be found, but I'm willing to try!

Yeah November's good for me, so long as it's not the 12th/13th. Should have the R32 install running by then.

May I suggest a parts 'mini-market' to take onto the side of the RR day ? I like most people I'm sure, have an abundance of Corrado bits clogging up the garage which might be handy to someone. Saves on P&P and ebay fees :D

Good idea mate :) That weekend is a definite no for me as it's the Classic Car Show at the NEC. I don't miss that!

Maybe end of November.. the last weekend is the Brazilian GP.. maybe if we find a pub, we could all head there after the RR day and watch the F1? That runs from around 3pm to 6pm meaning then folks could get home at a reasonable time even if they come from 2 / 3 hours away?

I'm up for this as long as it's not the weekend before or after the CC show...

Kev - get yourself to the Classic car show (and top gear live) - really good show with lots of demo's / tools etc for sale!