Rams

obd2 lamba sensor question

Hi all

What do people use when they have a decat pipe and running obd2? I want to replace my lamba sensor as I used the existing one which was from its previous obd1 setup. I've seen lambas sold with cat and without cat??

When I reset the MAF on the stick, the MPG shows around the 30's, when I first start the car and drive away, without reseting the maf, the MPG is around 11, 14 17 etc. Reset the maf as it reads around the 30's and settles.

I did discover a leaking hose going to the blue fuel sensor plug. I just snipped the hose end off that was split and reconnected it. That solved the rough running and back firing. I heard the leak and sorted that. I do need to replace it as the hose is about 1 cm shorter. Anyone know the part number?

Could I get this part from Ford along with the other valve as whilst im in that area of the car, would like to do a small refurb.

Also, when testing with vag com , do I need to get the car hot to check the maba sensor. It did show a fault but the car was just started when testing it.

Cheers

Rams

Not sure what you mean about running a decat pipe and obd2. Do you mean pre and post cat? the americans got 2 lambda's, one before and one after the cat but we only got 1 so makes life easy.

I wouldn't take too much notice of the maf, my mpg reads 44mpg. But to be honest, it is an average so when you first turn the car on the mpg will be low.

As for the last part, I'm presuming you meant to type lambda sensor, don't know what a maba sensor is lol. Yea you do need to get it upto temperature as the lambda sensor doesn't start working until 80 degrees water temp.

I have a det cat pipe, with the lamba sensor bolted into it. Then I changed the management to OBD2 but didnt replace the lamba sensor. Others did to an obd2 lamba senor and wondered what that part number was as they must be different?

The plug end - loom wise, connected up, but didnt know if the probe was slightly different obd1 /2?

I just have the one sensor.

So, I need to get the car hot then vag com it and see if the fault code appears -

Cheers

Well I ran mine with obd1 for a while until a could fit the obd2, unless I'm told different the lambda sensors are different, they also have different part numbers. You can run the obd1 on obd2 and mine appeared to work but I think mine ran better with obd2 fitted, this was a while ago though and my memory is pretty shocking!

Well no, the lambda sensor will not through a fault up when its cold as its not needed. If its throwing up a code it will need looking into, but if your looking at the measuring blocks to test the lambda it will need to be up to temperature.

I ordered lots of parts today and enquired what the part numbers were for the lambda sensor, they list for a corrado vr6 021 906 265E and I asked what part number it was for a golf VR6 96/97 YEAR and they said it was the same number but ended in A.

What part should I order for my OBD2 Rado vr6?

Cheers

I ordered lots of parts today and enquired what the part numbers were for the lambda sensor, they list for a corrado vr6 021 906 265E and I asked what part number it was for a golf VR6 96/97 YEAR and they said it was the same number but ended in A.

What part should I order for my OBD2 Rado vr6?

Cheers

Forget all that "OBD2" malarky.

The US "OBD2" engines with M5.9.X controllers have 2 lambda sensors + two under floor cats. It is an American requirement.

The European engines from August 95 with M3.8.1 controller have a single feedgas lambda sensor as do previous engines running M2.9.1. The lambda sensor you require is # 021906256AK as fitted to Golf 3 VR6 from August 95. I am assuming the engine controller you use would be 021906256.

i will be installing my OBD2 at some stage but there is no lambda sensor in the kit. Can i still use the OBD1 lambda? Will it even fit? If it does, what effect will there be on the engine management and performance?

As above Fla, I ran mine on obd1 for a while and couldn't tell much if anything once I swapped it over. I did notice something but it might just have been my mind telling me there was a change just for the sake of it! I would swap to an obd2 lambda just in case but it won't hurt it to run it on the obd1. Mine plugged straight in but mine was a CP ecu so latest of the late.

Actually Fla, am I right in thinking you're on a CP ecu as well? I've been wanting to know this for ages but someone mentioned that if you have CP ecu you can leave the fusebox to engine bay loom in place and just swap everything else over.

mine is an AG unfortunately so i have to do the complete swop. Plus mine has aircon and i'm planning to fit the Mk4 climate control unit some time too so need to see which cables i have to leave in. W

Where did you get the lambda from, or does anyone have a spare?

I've just bought one (second hand) which was fitted to an OBD2 VR6 Golf and has the part number 021906265. It has the 3+1 pin rectangular connector which is rounded at one end. Is this the correct one?