Jim

[Event] Stealth Racing RR Day - November 27th, 2011 -- PAYMENT

Twas a good day out guys. Good to speak to some of you on here, a shame i couldnt run the S3 but i wasnt going to risk the cam tensioner dying.

Big thanks to all who made it possible though.

Great day, lots of great cars and yes, thanks to Wendy ill be a bit heavier on the scales after getting through all them sausages :) (glad you got the window repaired too!)

Very happy with my results 198.9 bhp / 186 lb ft and lovely smooth curve too.

Terrible with names, forgot the name of the chap who was asking about my Conti SportContact 3 tyres - i found the bill and also the details of the pipe insulation... let me know who you are and ill send the details across to you.

cheers again Jim!

Great day, lots of great cars and yes, thanks to Wendy ill be a bit heavier on the scales after getting through all them sausages :) (glad you got the window repaired too!)

Very happy with my results 198.9 bhp / 186 lb ft and lovely smooth curve too.

Terrible with names, forgot the name of the chap who was asking about my Conti SportContact 3 tyres - i found the bill and also the details of the pipe insulation... let me know who you are and ill send the details across to you.

cheers again Jim!

Hi mate, that was me - good to meet you!

Great day, well done Jimbo :-)

Thnks Jim for arranging it all and to Wendy for the bbq. Was an enjoyable day and great to meet new people.

Hopefully next time ill know i can make it with more notice so I can run

Many thanks to Jim for organising today. Really enjoyed myself :D

Also, apologies to Wendy for finding an excuse and getting out of helping with the BBQ!

I'm v pleased with the figures, even though they weren't what I was hoping for. Ended up with 186.7bhp which is a couple lower than 3yrs ago, and 195.1lb ft which is 13 better! Graph is very smooth too :)

Also great to catch up with people, although I can see plenty of names saying thanks which I recognise but didn't end up saying hello to (at least, I don't think I did!)... next time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Was nice to see so many corrados in one place.

shame that i couldnt get a run... am going to look at the pipework tomorrow see if i can solve the issue, then to a charger rebuild next week all being good

@Fay, I'm sure you'll notice the +13 torques more than the -2 horses! :D

Well done Jim for arranging it all. Next year I'll try to come to some stuff. I'm like the olympics - every four years! :lol:

A great day out with all you good people and some lovely weather to boot... though the car got dirty on the way up from Wiltshire this morning in light drizzle. So good to see so many Corrados in one place. Just like the old days. at meets and shows, you just don't get 25 or so cars together anymore. So well done to all those that made it, and commiserations to some others who tried (Ollievr6 broken down at Chieveley Services first thing!). Caught up with some familiar faces who I had not seen in a while. Jim, well done for organising the day. It was well run and the Stealth team are very efficient at moving things along. Shame not everyone could get a reading off the rollers (tracking issues, subframe rubbing etc.), and shame Sam's R32 couldn't run as I wanted to hear and see it fly. Thanks to Wendy for sterling work on the BBQ. The burgers and the mince pies were brill.

Pretty happy with my results to be honest. Made slightly more torque than I was expecting and slightly less power, but happy all the same. It hadn't been dynoed with the OBD2 setup before so wasn't sure what it would make anyway.

Just pleased we could all have a good day out on what could be one of the last bright clear days of the year before the temperatures drop and the Corrado takes up residence again in the garage.

Charlie

Had a really Great day today.

Thanks Jim for organising the event and Wendy for the BBQ (veggie sausages not that bad really).

Good to meet everyone and its great how friendly and helpfull everyone is - looking forward to next years show season now.

Mine did 190bhp & 184lb/ft.

@Fay, I'm sure you'll notice the +13 torques more than the -2 horses! :D

Indeed! I didn't phrase that well... I meant that the bhp wasn't quite what I was hoping for. Torque, I'm very pleased with! :D

Well done Jim for organising today and to Wendy for tending the BBQ

Was good to catch up with a few people and meet a few new ones today as well, but I do think we all need name badges of thee things :afro:

Will make sure my car goes on next time to see what she is putting out :D

Jim I didnt have any money on me to chuck in the food pot so pm you paypal and I will chuck some across

Cracking day and really good to meet everyone! Some amazing cars there, I'll definitely have to get my car done for the next meet.

PICTURES!

Whole bunch of pictures from my buddy Steve here: Corrado RR Day - November 2011

He's working out what to do with over 1GB of video... will see about getting them onto YouTube or something perhaps?

Sorry I didn't get to meet many of you, by the time I got there most people were gone or leaving.

Well done and thank you Jim for organising a top day out and I look forward to the next one. It was good to finally meet you.

Thank you again Fay for saving me today and sorry for delaying the three of you! (I really didn't want to be the unreliable one but that stubborn car is getting a hair cut tomorrow!).

Hopefully meet a few more of you next time :)

My only picture of the day on the way down. Went to take more but memory card full!!

IMGP0005-1.jpg

PICTURES!

Whole bunch of pictures from my buddy Steve here: Corrado RR Day - November 2011

He's working out what to do with over 1GB of video... will see about getting them onto YouTube or something perhaps?

Good photos, Jim. Please thank Steve for me. He did a sterling job there today. There are a number of really good ones there. I love the one of the workbench in B&W.

Re the vids, however Steve wants to load them up. Cheers.

Big thanks to Jim and Wendy for doing the honours yesterday, and to Vince and team for sticking to the tight schedule.

Sorry I arrived late, but suffering from the most dreadful cold that I seem to have had for years. Hammer definitely came down last night, all Lemsipp'ed up at work now, not ideal.

Tempest

Disappointing day for me as my VR didn't hit the sorts of power figures I was expecting - in fact it was quite a long way off with only 190BHP and 188lb/ft of torque... not good :( Think once the finances have recovered from christmas, it'll be in to DG Autotech or Stealth for a bit of a diagnostic session unfortunately!

Well, you've got to have at least one car that makes factory power to prove the dyno isn't bull schitting ;) Vince obviously chose yours :lol:

Considering it's got SP263s in it, I told Neil when he owned it that I was surprised how sluggish it was. If it isn't c0cked up cam timing. It could just be old age and wear & tear. Get a compression test on it, check the plugs etc etc.

Gutted I couldnt make this but my intercooler cracked on the Friday. Would have been interested to see what it pulled as Vince tweaked the map recently.

I think Steve Supercharged wins the style award - looking rather dapper in that winter coat buddy!

Haha - where were you anyway???

I genuinely couldn't even afford the petrol to come! I know it's a little bítch thing to say but it's true. Looked like a great turn out though!

I'll deffo be up for events in the new year.

man looked a cracking day. Some very nice looking cars there. Really gonna have to make the effort next year and finally find out what my engine is putting out. :-)

Where do people get the braided fuel hoses from on the VR? I take it they run the full length of the car.

I genuinely couldn't even afford the petrol to come! I know it's a little bítch thing to say but it's true. Looked like a great turn out though!

I'll deffo be up for events in the new year.

No excuse - Neither did Toad so he didn't eat for a week and despite having full blown (bad) Aids he still mate it :lol:

:lol: and he came from Winchester! I guess I have no excuse then. :?

I guess it's too late to play the Wife card?