sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Hey mate sorry i never got back to youbiv been really busy , coilovers wer a doddle to fit mate a good socket set and some ring spanners was all i used really , i fid the backs first and just laid everything out on the floor do i could see how it all went back on

Get stuck in mate its easy , i got it four wheel aligned aswell mate thats a must after fitting them

Good look man let me know how it goes

Cheers mate , there actually 16's mate and there 8 j all round the car is running low at the min tho and i think because they are a big flat face they look a bit bigger

Ive just brought same wheels,, not sure if they 7half or 8 as they at work,, can you tell me what adaptors you will be using and tyres,, im prob going use 195, 40, 16,, and do you def need archs rolled,, i never thought of that,, oops

Yea the pic inposted is with a 195 40 16 , mine are 8j all round so theres a little bit of stretch , im not sure weather to run a 195 45 16 , both will work , and im running 15 mm adaptors with those , my arches could do to be rolled to stop some scrubbing but the car is low at the min

Happy to say the old slag passed her mot again , needed a bulb and the horn wire fixing along with a steering rack boot and a ball joint wich im well happy about

On a bad not though after having it four wheel aligned it seems something ist quite right with the front end , the passenger side wheel seems to be protruding the arch about 10 to 15 mm more then the drivers side , this has ended up cutting up the tyre of the edge a bit !!

Can anyone shed some light on what this could be ?

Im just waiting on the decat been extended aswell and then it will be a straight theough pipe from the manni to the back box lol

Iv also given up with wheels and decided to sell the merc wheels and sort the 3.68 final drive for the box for some more responsiveness

Glad to hear it passed so easily! The wheel protruding is your camber, I said it looked a bit out when we were trying the mercs on. The 2 bolts on the bottom of the strut allow a little movement on hub causing a bit of camber, undo the bolts and adjust s necessary.

Should sound pretty awesome on film chat after the exhaust is done

Cheers mate ill doue check them tomorrow then , but i have had it on a four wheel align machine and all the camber and toe and tracking came up green on the computer screen , im wondering weather the bolts that hold it are tight enough !! Although i did use a bar to nip them up so should easily be tight enough

Ill check anyhow

Iv got to get the decat lengthend yet and its proving a pain in the arse as no one has any 2 1/4 inch stainless pipe

Im popping out tomorrow to try get it done and then i can fit it ! And yea it should be pretty brutal on full chat lol

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Cheers mate ill doue check them tomorrow then , but i have had it on a four wheel align machine and all the camber and toe and tracking came up green on the computer screen , im wondering weather the bolts that hold it are tight enough !! Although i did use a bar to nip them up so should easily be tight enough

Ill check anyhow

Iv got to get the decat lengthend yet and its proving a pain in the arse as no one has any 2 1/4 inch stainless pipe

Im popping out tomorrow to try get it done and then i can fit it ! And yea it should be pretty brutal on full chat lol

Well iv not got any massive updates , iv fitted the decat wich is nice and loud so im happy with being a hooligan for a while until i get bored of it again loke i did the last one ,

Ill try get a vid posted up when i can work out youtube and find time to film it

While i had the cat of i checked the condition of the lambda and found this , is it shagged or is it just the casing , i got an intermitten fault code on vag com but it passed emissions and thought may be it could be the maf

y9uqahuz.jpg

As you can see it has a few cracks in it

Iv still not had chance to look at centering the steering rack either as it seems to have been set to far to the left so is catching on the arch !!

Haha well you are supposed to call them names arent you , are you going to the national day at castle combe mate ,

Changed the fuel filter yesterday and im guessing its never been changed !! Ever !

I was putting of changing it for ages as i knew i was going to get covered in petrol , and i did , glad its done though i could hardly blow through the old one and the last bits that came out of it was just grey gunk

deda6yja.jpg

ny4ehu5y.jpg

hells yeah im going bud, fancy a convoy if we can?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

and yeah thats a job on my list too :lol:

Hey mate never realised you had replied , deffo up for a convoy if we can that would be good , im supposed to be setting off a bit later with chrisl of here depending on the time i get back from work and i think his daugter is leaving school that day so he could be late but we will see id ratjer not get there late but not sure on wat position i will be in on the day , your barnsley area arent you ? Will probs be heading down m62 m18 m1 then coming off round birmingham on tue m42 i think , wich way you thinking of going ? Or just following the sat nav

If you havent all ready done your fuel filter before you take the lines off nip the fuel lines with a tie wrap would save you getting covered in 99 ron and smelling lol

Righty. Ill see what the plan is heading south and come back to you matey..... if not ill see you there. We are camping it up anyway so plenty of time for a natter/ car perve :D

Yea deffo mate ill be camping , wen i get back of holiday ill ask my boss about wat work is in an find out more

Deffo have a catch up mate i was planning on doing the track day but missed out in subscribing and registering for it

Ill wait to hear from you mate

Not updated this for a while and a few things have been done so here goes

The car was running like a bag of crap so i ordered some parts to try and solve it , it was just eunning sloppy and felt like a bit of a slug so i orderd and changed the coilpack for a brand new beru one , a beru lambda sensor , a genuine blue temp sensor and some ngk spark plugs

epysyhu7.jpg

qutepeqy.jpg

aqytuse3.jpg

jugebynu.jpg

The plugs where absolutely shagged , two of them the electrodes was all flaking off on the ends , definately not been changed for a long time

The result is a nice healthy and punchy vr6

Also took my turn at the track with scarlet and portent at castle combe on the national day

Was a top class weekend and met a good few new friends so thanks for that

6evysy2y.jpg

And the tyres after the track

rajyga7a.jpg

Im oretty proud of them haha

Good one Matt, you should post one of them videos. Yours and Chris's sounded ace on the parade lap.

Is that an interpritation of the parade lap ? Iv got a funny vid of the parade lap actually , its basically nice and peacefull until we passed the camera , iv also got a nice suprise for the car sat in my garage im just waiting on some retaining clips and braided lines and 5.1 fluids

Chris that would be a massive help ill give you a text , if my parts come for this weekend ill probs be fitting them this weekend aslong as i can get my bolts and stuff

Right this is what i have bought

This is how they came yesterday so i gave them a spruce up last night

apamyryq.jpg

And after about four hours and some vht paint and some hammerite they looked pretty good

ny5u7umu.jpg

There of a 2004 audi tt

Came with ds2500 pads and crn grooved 312mm disks

Im just waiting on some retaining clips to arrive

Iv also ordered the six line goodrich braided brake hose set with the 312mm conversion lines in

Also got to get some stainless washers and some high tensile bolts and enough 5.1 fluid to flush the whole system

Cant wait to get them on now as the ones that went on castle combe are actually fukkerd , ill post pics up of what happend to them when i do the swap

Oh and i picked up one of thos little extinguishers from aldi !! You never know !!

Good one Matt, you should post one of them videos. Yours and Chris's sounded ace on the parade lap.

Awesome!

Oooh very nice! I really need to invest in a good set of brakes after I realised just how poor the standard 280s are at Castle Combe. As I've got the Speedlines on at the moment though, I think 288s are my limit unfortunately. Where did you get the brake line kit from Matt? Someone put a post in the Drivetrain section a while back asking since they didn't want to deal with Swampy but there was no reply. I'd like to know too as its on the list for next Month! :thumbleft: