sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Cheers for the pics mate i never knew you had taken them , was a great day that we had a great time

Cheers jim hopefully it will be in spray shop soon

On other things iv managed to get the front and rear bumper irons off and the slam panel stripped so there of to blasters then getting nylon powdercoated

Took mine off today too. I've taken the wedges out of the clips at the back Matt, but is there anything I've missed? Couldn't get the iron off and it's in a pretty **** state. I didn't want to tug too hard in case I break it, although I ran out of time so didn't try too hard. I also have a mild thin steel cover thing over the area around the tow loop, although it's riddled with holes. Is there supposed to be one on the exhaust side too?

Took mine off today too. I've taken the wedges out of the clips at the back Matt, but is there anything I've missed? Couldn't get the iron off and it's in a pretty **** state. I didn't want to tug too hard in case I break it, although I ran out of time so didn't try too hard. I also have a mild thin steel cover thing over the area around the tow loop, although it's riddled with holes. Is there supposed to be one on the exhaust side too?

Bumper irons are a fiddle but they do pull off. The rear steel bit around the towing eye are available from classic parts but mine took about 5 weeks to come! There is only one on the towing eye side though.

Yep bumper irons was a faff but they do go , i ised a pair of snipe nose grips to squeese them together and a flat headed screw driver to coax them out and yea also a bit of a pull at all times to keep them from popping in again

As far as the metal plate goes mine is at the exhaust side and is there to stop the heat from the zorst bowing the bumper , it was riveted in but popped out pretty easy , mine was in a whole but quite scabby tbh and i think there about 20 quid to buy new

Yep bumper irons was a faff but they do go , i ised a pair of snipe nose grips to squeese them together and a flat headed screw driver to coax them out and yea also a bit of a pull at all times to keep them from popping in again

As far as the metal plate goes mine is at the exhaust side and is there to stop the heat from the zorst bowing the bumper , it was riveted in but popped out pretty easy , mine was in a whole but quite scabby tbh and i think there about 20 quid to buy new

Thats odd then Matt, unless its the later VR's when they put it on the other side? It seems a pointless thing though. You can see the new one fitted to the blackberry one:

ATT24085_zps887bc0fb.jpg

Few small updateds as im sat doing feck all so might aswell keep this up to date

Nothing massive in the way of how it looks

[ATTACH]79573[/ATTACH]

Thats the general condition of the slam panel and bumper irons all over so thanks to chrisl they went of to be blasted ready for powder coat

Now look like this and are currently at the coaters getiing satin blacked

[ATTACH]79575[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]79576[/ATTACH]

Just need to get some new stainless bolts sorted for these and they can be reattached to the bumpers

Had a mess with the turn signals as i wanted something a bit different and thought that the red would pop once the new paint is on

[ATTACH]79577[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]79578[/ATTACH]

All red turns :)

Also done some red rears but kept the reverse lights and pin striped the corners

[ATTACH]79579[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]79580[/ATTACH]

Not got any pics of the corners yet as i found a crack in one of the lights so decided to do it again just waiting for a replacement ( thanks purple tom )

Also had the interior back out again and i now have a punch bag seat :))

Standard seats will hopefully be moved on in a few weeks and the new seats picked up amd put in the spare room until the cars been sprayed

Last news is that the cars going to the body shop on the 20th of september to get the dints sorted and the arches rolled flat for a bit more clearance and iv got my final price on paint using high build primwr all over them a solvent colour and a nice glasurit laquer

Not sure whats going on with a few of those images !!

Last few pics went tits up i think

[ATTACH]79581[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]79582[/ATTACH]

Ohh and i found a bit of rust hidden under what seemed like perfect condition sealer , just shows how it can creep in and rot your car

[ATTACH]79583[/ATTACH]

Luckily its not that bad so will just require a bit of cutting and welding ! No cut and shut though haha

Ermm bot sure where to start with updates so little and often i think as the balls really started to roll now

Firstly i picked up another set of 16" speedlines so got to work refurbing them

This is how they looked when i bought them

[ATTACH]80229[/ATTACH]

I sanded them down and filled aome of the small curb marks and niggles they had then put them in a 2k high build

[ATTACH]80230[/ATTACH]

Then rubbed them down again and used a celly base coat followed by a 2k clear coat so there nice and durable on the car

They came out well

[ATTACH]80231[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80232[/ATTACH]

And one in the light

[ATTACH]80233[/ATTACH]

Just need tyres now , panning on 4 new parada spec 2's or advan ad08-r's

Next up was the fogs , both my lenses wer shagged / cracked and im tight and didnt want to pay out for new glass so i bought some of these intakes

[ATTACH]80234[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80235[/ATTACH]

Then smashed the glass out the surrounds

[ATTACH]80236[/ATTACH]

Cut them to shape but they looked rough and i wasnt happy

[ATTACH]80237[/ATTACH]

So i trimmed a little more and them used some rubber seal to make it neater

[ATTACH]80238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80239[/ATTACH]

Thats where im at with these for the moment as iv cut some black infill bits for some of the corners where the light is showing through and i dont like it so ill bond them in and then glue the duct in place and iv also got some brand new indicators to finish them off so hopefully they will look good , and as part of this little side project im also going to run a cold air feed direct to the bmc from one

Finished the all red rears , i left the reverse lights white like standars and pin striped the corners

[ATTACH]80241[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]80240[/ATTACH]

Also done some all red side repeaters

[ATTACH]80242[/ATTACH]

Hoping the fresh red goes nicely with the new paint when its done

Looking good Matt. Really like the intakes. I've got a plan for my car waaaaaayyyyyy down the line with a set of these in mind.

Thanks mate theres plenty more to upload iv just stopped for a bit haha , the fogs will hopefully look good mate and they was pretty easy to do the only down side was cutting all the surrounds up to make them fit

Next up is the bumper irons

Freshely powdercoated and put back together with stainless bolts they just need a coat of dinitrol

[ATTACH]80250[/ATTACH]