drewiee99

Neglected VR6, amazing turaround

What a turn around! The only (minor) kicker IMHO was that they darkened the colour on the speedlines - Twilight Violet really benefits from the brightness of the Speedlines in standard silver.

Wonderful to see one saved as well - I think most people would have looked at that and thought it was too far gone to save!

Totally agree with Jim regarding the tyres. From a personal point I,m nearly in tears looking at that turn around as my Twilight Violet was very close to that finish and mine is no more. Brought back some happy memories though.

Brilliant work- wish I had those skills + the time! Like the way the engine cover matches up with the VR6 grille badge. Agree about the wheels though...

Nicely done although another vote for the wheels being 'wrong' I think its the current flavour for powdercoaters etc and there is a premium for the much older style 'bright' silver finish.

Despite being very dirty and having some heavy scratches it looked pretty sound and rust free underneath the dirt so it just goes to show how well the original paint comes up in the right hands.

incredible, constantly amazes me how these detailers rescue paintwork like that, and it had done well to avoid the usual rust areas too. i think the wheels look odd too... would look much better on mine :)

In the first picture I thought someone had photographed my car, then as I read more, I realised mine still looked like that :lol:

the first pics made me feel ill!! Glad its been spruiced up to use again. I wonder what the total bill was?

i really want to get my car detailed, but im a bit too scared to put a mop to it myself and dont want to spend £400!

i can do everything else, just not confident in mopping :(

i really want to get my car detailed, but im a bit too scared to put a mop to it myself and dont want to spend £400!

same!!

---------- Post added at 5:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:05 PM ----------

Thread resurection..

one of my favorite games!

its easy mate, just dont go at it like a bull in a china shope and you will be fine.