ninja_motors

Performance exhaust vr

I think if you want real noise places like longlife can do you a system which is tailored to your preferences, or if your feeling more flush try Hayward and Scott.

I'd love a stainless system, but I really like the tail pipe of a standard VR's exhaust system.... and not seen an after market one with a similar design.

Edited by VR6Pete

If your after a standard looking performance stainless steel system try DUBpower VR6Pete.

As for something loud, generally most VR systems are reasonably quiet, its only when you start removing boxes and then cat when it gets loud but then you have problems with MOT time. As Pete says longlife or powerflow can make you a custom system whatever shape and volume.

nice, any pics of on the car? I know I'm being anal, but didnt really want the rolled tail pipe, but probably the best ive seen so far :)

Pete

Get a Jetex if you want an OE tailpipe and as for noise, why splash out on a stainless exhaust when all you have to do is delete the suitcase silencer for the cost of a 90 degree pipe and a couple of clamps!

I think thats what Im going to do, has anyone actually done this on a standard exhaust yet? Ive a nearly new standard rear box and it looks spot on so dont want to go with an aftermarket rear box.

my middle box is on the verge on of rotting through, buy my rear box doesnt look too bad!!! just the pipe going into it is a little rusty, but I love the look of the OEM tail.... :)

Get a Jetex if you want an OE tailpipe and as for noise, why splash out on a stainless exhaust when all you have to do is delete the suitcase silencer for the cost of a 90 degree pipe and a couple of clamps!

Hi

do you know where i can purchase a Jetex system? Any recommended companies?

I have a Magnex VR6 cat-back system. Oval tailpipe. Great condition

Not the loudest but a beautiful sound.

£400ish new.. I'll take £250ono

Rich

Any info on this i know its a simple enough thing but still ? What steel to use and who would do it just a metal fabricator ?

Sounds like a plan for some good noise with easy return to standard

I shouldn't think a fabricator would be needed tbh. Jetex have a very comprehensive selection of custom parts - http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/custom_parts.php?mat=Stainless&dia=2.5+inch

I must admit, it's been a long time since I've seen the suitcase so I can't be specific on lengths and bore size etc. I tend to just buy things on a hunch and it usually works out :D

I tend to just buy things on a hunch and it usually works out

I usually do the same although 95 percent of the time it never works out lol and it ends up ebay or getting sent back ! I think ill check jetex out

LOL! I'm terrible walking around B&Q with the missus. She's looking at bathroom suites and I'm looking table legs and thinking "Hmmmm, great boost pipes" :lol:

Im going to look into this at the weekend and get some measurements with an aim to ordering bits. Im game to give it a go. I'll take some photos as I go.

Sounds like a plan coullstar ill look in to it aswell see wat i can finf out iv got a mate who welds and fabricates so could come up with some ideas

Check ur pms bud you will have one of me soon lol