24V Renshaw

Polyurethane VR6 front and rear engine mounts inc Fitting Guide

My one has turned up too, thanks very much!

Though why do i just want to bite one?!! :shrug:

Just a quick question....I'm sure I read somewhere that stainless shouldn't be used in load bearing applications. Are the included bolts stainless, and if they are, will they be ok for this job?

I'm sure I have no reason to, but I did just want to double check.

EDIT - NVM found the answer:

UPDATE: I now have all the high tensile (12.9) securing bolts in my possession and the custom laser cut stainless support discs are en route to me now.

The initial sample first off of the polyurethane inserts has been promised to me by Tuesday so it looks like I will have them installed for the rolling road day at the weekend. :). Quite excited :)

Edited by OllieVR6

Just a thought before people fit these, if you want it a little bit more "soft" and OEM, leave the lower rubber mount on the rear one in place and just replace the top one with the poly. But you can play around with what you like best :)

Jay

Fitted mine today! Well impressed with how stable the engine is, i could tell from rhe second i put it in gear.. I'm going to try the OE rubber on the bottom tomorrow and see how that fairs..

Thanks Jay.. I love them!

Great, glad you are happy. Like I say to eliminate a touch of the stiffness replace the lower rear part only. The front lower part will not make any noticeable difference, but you want the two top pieces to match.

Not that I have done loads of experimenting LOL.

Just as a note, you can use either the front or rear lower piece they are the same.

Jay

Can't remember exactly what the post office quoted, think it was 4/5 days but if they are not with you by Monday I think we need to start asking questions...

Got mine cheers Jay.

You've sent me a complete set though when I only paid for the front, are you missing one, happy to return or send on to others?

If it turns out that this doesn't belong to anybody I could use a rear only......front is a pretty new VT already.

Cheers

Aide, if you could post the rear parts to tonedef and I will pay your postage costs.

Tonedef if you can PayPal me the cash we should all be sorted.

Cheers

Jay

Yeh no problem, PM me your address tonedef and i'll sort it today.

No worries over postage jay its only a few quid.

Paypal payment sent to yourself Jay and a PM with postage address sent to aide.

No big rush as I need a steering rack before I can get the front end put back in.......and I'm having trouble finding one at the moment.

Cheers

Tony

Mine haven't shown up :(

I don't mind waiting a bit longer but just want to make sure i let you know in enough time that they are missing so far

Is anyone else missing their mounts? Or am i the only one?

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Is anyone else missing their mounts? Or am i the only one?