P3rks

1993 Dragon Green pearl VR6

Little update...

Been busy buying little things:

New fuel filter in on the cards as the one fitted looks like its old! Well, the clips on the fuel pipes look like they've never been changed or undone and were leaking, these were changed out for jubilee clips.

db302b5f.jpg

New Filter and some touch up paint for those pesky stone chips on the front end..

d72bb883.jpg

I then fitted a new boot popper spring thingy as the GF always complains how heavy the boot is to open and mine was missing.. This little thing makes so much difference to the initial pull.

91d001f7.jpg

8185194b.jpg

New headlight switch from 8vMatt - There is nothing wrong with mine but a spare is always nice!

a7ec3e65.jpg

Then I've spent a few hours going over the service history and sorting it in proper chronological order and updating the pictures for each year to show its evolution.. Geek!

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Oh.. And these came for me!

e4c09f70.jpg

better-ish pics.. More to come soon.. Using my tripod so they are less blurry.. Still trying to figure out this DSLR..

4-3.jpg

1-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

great pictures mate....looks a bit like woodhead pass lay by??

Up near Castleton, where the road ends and you get parking tickets if you wait too long :bonk:

Ah got you, thought it looked familiar, i'm an ex sheffield lad too! :thumbleft:

Ah got you, thought it looked familiar, i'm an ex sheffield lad too! :thumbleft:

Good Lad! :)

Nice little update, nothing important, just the little things.

First off I have started stripping and re-fitting the interior with the aim of getting the interior rattles to disappear, especially in the rear of the car...

So first things first I stripped the rear interior down, thats door cards, rear seats, C-pillars, parcel shelf supports etc:

60ea5590.jpg

78de03ca.jpg

I then located any broken clips on the door cards:

e77f7af5.jpg

Then replaced them with new ones.. The clips were bought from eBay agggeeesss ago for my Mk2 but were never used, same as these ones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10x-Interior-Trim-Clips-Door-Cards-Trim-Panels-Boot-Linings-Dashboards-/270877215020?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item3f118a492c

d4d400e6.jpg

I then started looking at all the interior foam/felt which sits in-between any two surfaces on the pillar trims and parcel shelf supports, this pretty much changes the surface touching to stop squeeks and creates a tight bond to stop rattle. As you can see 20 years has taken its toll:

10f6bc6f.jpg

62aa2ecf.jpg

This was all replaced:

8e4533fa.jpg

e5fa5102.jpg

b37e521a.jpg

And the stuff used? 49p a sheet of A4 self adhesive felt from hobby craft. 3 A4 sheets would be more than enough for a full interior. i used less than 1 sheet for the entire rear interior.

20793bf7.jpg

3e4b74f7.jpg

I even wrapped the rear bench fixings which is where the majority of the rattles were coming from. The clamps which hold the seats in were loose and rattled, now they are nice and tight!

ada50632.jpg

ecae6a62.jpg

I also used some old felt rings I had spare on the rattley seatbelt brackets, I think these are originally from some old rear door card clips off my G60:

6518103b.jpg

Edited by P3rks

Next I tackled a annoying dash vent which always sat like this and flopped around:

18f2df82.jpg

The culprit a missing metal fixing on the vent:

f6eaadc0.jpg

I bought a full set of vents from dragon green off here (thanks) which had the clips intact:

c405cda6.jpg

Voila! All fixed..

fa5eb6fc.jpg

I also replaced the front and rear engine mounts with the Poly ones from Jay's group buy..

658a2135.jpg

Made a mucho's difference in the stability of the engine and it now doesn't flop around. On idle it has a little more vibration than I'd like, but I put the majority of this down to the VR's crap low lumpy idle, hopefully a OBD2 conversion will solve this, if not I have a brand new rear VAG mount I can put on. but overall I'm well pleased with these.

Fitting of them was a real ball ache though. I did the rear mount first and it took about 20 mins. the front mount did not want to budge. The top bolt snapped flush straight away, then 2 out of the three bottom bolts rounded and I ended up having to use a oxygen acetylene torch to heat them up to get them off. Then I had to drill and tap the top of the mount for a new bolt. i don;t have any pictures of this as I took about 3 hours and I didn't have time to stop for photo's! :bonk:

Last for the update.. Just took some photo's for my agreed valuation to show off the condition of the car, so I'll share:

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

MMmmmmmm.. Like glass!

IMG_4221.jpg

Interior:

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

Lets hope they give me the £5,000 agreed valuation I've requested!

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Apologies for the spelling mistakes, it won't let me edit for some reason? :scratch:

Last little arty Instagram photo:

56d469a8.jpg

Oh, I'm also looking for a late Mk3 Golf VR (OBD2) for my OBD2 conversion! Yay! :cheers:

Love the attention to detail on the interior and it sits really nice on those wheels...spot on mate

Love the attention to detail on the interior and it sits really nice on those wheels...spot on mate

Thanks man! That means a lot as you have one of the nicest Corrado's out there!

The interior is pretty much rattle free now.. Well the rear anyway.

I do love this car! and i am not a fan of the green colours :lol:

Good work bud :)

Cheers dude, the colour does grow on you!

good work bud, loving the attention to detail on the foam.. perfect timing too, i'm fitting my interior this week so will pop to hobbycraft tomorrow!

I do love this car! and i am not a fan of the green colours :lol:

Good work bud :)

usually dont like green much either but it looks mint in ur car parden the pun mate .....really nice car there bud

There should be no trouble getting the agreed value,car looks like it should be in a showroom !

(I didn't check the vents for the metal clips ) now you can always keep a set clean,

When theres so many dogs out there and so many being broken daily its nice to see a mint example Corrado being well maintained! Will be nice to see this at the gathering in at Manchester.

You've reminded me that i need to agree a valuation with my insurance company when the paints done.

Looking good mate some good work in the back aswell haha im sure you enjoyed crawling around in the back finding all the rattles

Wheels are awsome aswell they suit it very well

Looking very nice indeed Rich, the wheels do look bang on :) nice to see the badge still present ;)

kip

great attention to detail. The foam makes a world of difference! Good one on the seatbelt rings - i did this with some felt off-cuts so doesnt look as neat as the rings. When you refitted the roof lining, did you put some felt behind the cable looms and aerial wire? These used to annoy me a lot!

Thanks for everyone's kind words. It means a lot to have a nice car that other appreciate, especially a Corrado.

good work bud, loving the attention to detail on the foam.. perfect timing too, i'm fitting my interior this week so will pop to hobbycraft tomorrow!

Let me know if you need any assistance, you still have my number? It's easy anyway, can't go wrong really, VW got it right first time round and just re-new where ever the old stuff is.

There should be no trouble getting the agreed value,car looks like it should be in a showroom !

(I didn't check the vents for the metal clips ) now you can always keep a set clean,

Yep, the £5,000 agreed value came through this morning, I'm chuffed as in a worse case scenario I don't have to go through the hassle I'm having with my Gold which was stolen 12 months ago where I am still awaiting a settlement!

Looking very nice indeed Rich, the wheels do look bang on :) nice to see the badge still present ;)

kip

Cheers! The dab of superglue like you recommended did the trick!

great attention to detail. The foam makes a world of difference! Good one on the seatbelt rings - i did this with some felt off-cuts so doesnt look as neat as the rings. When you refitted the roof lining, did you put some felt behind the cable looms and aerial wire? These used to annoy me a lot!

The roof lining and everything under it was absolutely fine for some reason? Saying that the ariel was replaced a few years back, maybe they did a proper job!!?

hmm.. i dont think i looked closely enough at the pics..

the stuff you used looks more like felt than foam is that right?

i bought THIS

but now think i should've got

THIS

Think either would do to be honest Baz looking at those. may go along too and get some.

I'm not to sure really going by those. But I would have thought it was the second one.

The barcode sticker on my spare one says:

41762HC 9x12" stick-on felt black.

So yes, id say I have the felt.. To be fair, the foam might actually be better at the job? More padding?

I literally picked up the first one I saw which was suitable as it was on offer, I hate hobby craft!

Sorry for being misleading in my original post.

hmm.. i dont think i looked closely enough at the pics..

the stuff you used looks more like felt than foam is that right?

i bought THIS

but now think i should've got

THIS

Edited by P3rks

no probs, i was in and out too.. didnt even think about felt until i saw the pic where you have it wrapped around the rear seat hinges. i dont think this foams gonna be any good for anything but flat surfaces, but as you say may well be better for them.

i was lazy today, bad weather this morning discouraged me from going up to the garage, but its been clear all afternoon. oh well.

Dont suppose you've any contact details for someone at your insurance company regarding the valuation?

Reason i ask is that our insurance is up in a couple of months and i'd ideally like to agree a valuation with a new company, least i know your company do it.

Dont suppose you've any contact details for someone at your insurance company regarding the valuation?

Reason i ask is that our insurance is up in a couple of months and i'd ideally like to agree a valuation with a new company, least i know your company do it.

Its with Footman James - 0843 357 1917

I don't have a contact there, literally ring up and ask for a new quote for a classic car and you want an agreed valuation. It has to be a limited mileage policy to be able to have one though.