northG60

Corrado appreciation.......

Well my battery gave up with the first sign of cold and my front grill is none existant so i havnt driven her in about a month (just been sat under the cover feeling sad).

So i went and got a new battery tonight for £90 (which hurt) but as soon as it was fitted it and started first time i went for a little hack and instantly the corrado charm got me....AGAIN

how do they do it to us ......seriously its not even been that long ? or am i just going sad lol

your not sad at all.

Just look at what people have done to their cars - all out of passion.. Some just choose not to mention their feelings but we all have these moments.

I've had plenty of proud moments with the c and fully appreciate what you are saying and i'm sure others will echo this.

Waxed the whole car over in preparation for the salt, even waxed the dishes on my wheels... I stood back after three hours of washing and polishing and I literally stood there for 5 mins admiring it. I've had a two 6 month stints of not using my G60 in the two years I've owed it. Every time I get back in it for the first time it makes me smile like mad.

I reckon it's this charm which makes ex-owners mourn their loss when they sell and then pine for another. Bet it made that £90 hurt a little less too :)

After more than 6 yrs of ownership, I still look back when I walk away, still watch the spoiler in the rear view mirror and still look at the car's reflection when I drive slowly past shop windows. I must be sad too, but better that than being someone who says very wistfully 'I've always wanted one of those' like I've heard soooo many times :D

I have had 4 g60s, 4 vr6s, and 3 16vs. In the main most to sell on. My current VR6 I live to bits and I want this to be a keeper. I look at it in the same way as I look at the Alfa, bloody great looking cars

I must admit mine cheers me up no end. My heart skips a beat when I get into it for the first time after a break. And following a bit of a health issue recently I always make a point of taking the Corrado to the hospital for my appointments. It turns a crap day into a good one :)

I love mine as much as my mx5. I have just put some new wheels on which was a right pain in the arse. Pulled my back doing it so took it to the local Polish garage for a wash as I was in agony. Got back took some ibruforen and sat on the wall like a sad git admiring it whilst wincing in pain. Made my g/f look and admire it too. She keeps saying that she can't believe she is jealous of a car. Well 2 now. It has given me a dilema though as I now really want a VR6. I only bought this as a fun winter car. Yeh right. The hunt is on

Andy

Currently putting mine back together after having a few rust patches sorted and adore it :) It is tempting sometimes to go to a more modern car but nothing else puts quite a smile on your face.

mine is a pain in the arse, something breaks every other week, the paint is as flat as a witches tit and there is so many little/not so little jobs that need doin people think im mad (i do wonder sometimes!) but when i took it over the kirkstone pass the other day, and embarassed some posser in an old ferrari yesterday it makes worth its weight in scrap. dont think i will ever sell it, mainly because nobody would buy it but im to attached to it :-)

Yeah, that is because they are made by people, for people, and is not a braindead heartless design of some twat who only wants to make money, not giving a dime of what people drive in.

Went to a do it yourself workshop today, to change the gearbox oil, and already when I stepped in the door to get a lift, the manager asked me countless questions of this and that. I asked my friend to drive it into the workshop area, and onto the lift, so I could see how many milimeters between the front spoiler and the lift, and while he did that, I was just gazing at the Corrado. That is not allways the most great looking car on a picture (others spring to mind), but it sure enough is a really great looking car in real life. It's so small and low, and sounds sooooo great (G60), that I couldn't help staring at it, while he drove around. Then I noticed that the other people working at their cars also looked at the Corrado, just like me ;) Not that it matters, I did not get the Corrado for looks, but for the fun it gives, but still it says something that a big beemer does not. It communicates to you as a driver and as a spectator.

Somehow, making a little adjustment or exchangeing a part on the Corrado, give so much more in return back to you, when you afterwards drive it, look at it, drive it home, look at it, wash it, look at it, wax it, look at it, drive it into the garage at home, look at it, lock it, look at it, leave the garage, look at it, close the garage door, take a sneak look at it, and.... Argh...

And that is a rare thing, so enjoy :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox