floppyman

27 Nov. 2011 RR Day Plots

Saw some interesting number plates:

Mine is L607 PRP

There was a black VR parked right next door, next to where Wendy was cooking and that was L507 PRP, and there was also another one which was L608 PRP!

I'm down on power :(

Loss of grip on the first run so it wasn't printed

177 Bhp on the second run

172.6 lb ft.

Vince reckons the throttle might not be opening fully, any other ideas? Also what would could have caused the loss of grip?

Edited by eugopnosaj

Here's my G60 numbers. A corrected 254.4bhp at the flywheel, along with 222lbft. Slightly up on the last run, which is nice as it's had some very minor work in between.

Good to see everyone today, some new faces as well as the more familiar ones...

Wow 222lbft... That must be a nice g60 to drive

Yep good fun - the Peloquin and Racelogic traction control keep it under control though (when I don't, lol).

here is my R32. Bit confused from torque plot. Shame others with R32 couldnt be measured. Was a quite busy day for me thats why I arrived late.

Little disappointed with my OBD2 VR - 179.9bhp 180.7lb/ft.

VAG-COM showed a faulty knock sensor so I'm hoping a replacement will fix things.

@jason, surely checking your throttle is opening 100% is a 5min job? Wedge a brick on the pedal and then try to pull the butterfly back by hand. If it moves some more then the cable needs adjusting? :shrug:

Not sure why some of the VR torque plots look like the himalayas too.

Some good results so far, any videos or pictures for those of us that missed out?
My home made exhaust was a bit louder then I was thinking.

Got pics and vids coming, only a few tbh. My plot is pants :( lol

I've got a few pics and videos to upload

Got a great one of you sleeping beauty :camp:

Some good results so far, any videos or pictures for those of us that missed out?

bit shaky, taken from my phone

@jason, surely checking your throttle is opening 100% is a 5min job? Wedge a brick on the pedal and then try to pull the butterfly back by hand. If it moves some more then the cable needs adjusting? :shrug:

Not sure why some of the VR torque plots look like the himalayas too.

Yeah i will do that, but i was more asking if anyone knew what else it could be?

Edited by eugopnosaj

I've got a few pics and videos to upload

Got a great one of you sleeping beauty :camp:

think I got more than 20 winks lol

the only mods I have are a BMC CDA, a Magnex and a remap by DG Autotech. Results are 186.7 bhp and 195.1 lb ft. Particularly pleased with the torque - quite an increase from 3.5 years ago :D

Edited by scarlet_vr6

Im disappointed with my torque plot. Is there any magic done by factory ecu,camshafts angles,throttle body etc. Can anyone explain it,please :)

Here is standard plus modified R32 graph and mine.

Im disappointed with my torque plot. Is there any magic done by factory ecu,camshafts angles,throttle body etc.

Yes the factory ECU does all that and more. Standard MK4 R32 is 237lbft torque, so it's not that far off.

Are you even running the variable cams with your S80? Are you running the standard intake? The torque should be a lot higher than that below 4000rpm.

What throttle body are you using? Coils? batch injection or sequential? Who did the initial ECU install and mapping?

Hi Kev.

Im running coils and injectors in batch setup. Using only intake camshaft, Modified cable driven R32 throttle body,standard intake manifold.

I know the torque is there but is not where is suppose to be. The engine is BUB one(2008.

I think is more about electronic throttle body,because when you drive in it you accelerate from 2000 rev and butterfly is fully open, then there is no response,engine feels like is choking. O2 sensor is showing right numbers,mixture is neither rich or weak. But if you play with gas pedal and keep butterfly open in right angle,enough for the certain speed of engine but map sensor is showing full load(hope you do understand my english) that moment is pulling like a train.

Unfortunately I never seen R32 ignition advance base map,so that makes it a little bit harder to do fine tuning properly.

All installation and street tuning was done by me. Maybe that is the issue :)

Edited by RedTyphoon