EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

Well, hope this doesn't signal the end for your Corrado - I know how disheartening it can be having setback after setback when you've spent lots of money on the car! Good luck getting it all sorted.

Sure the sniff test was correct? Maybe worth a call to stealth and see what they suggest. In such a short space of time and mileage it does seem surprising.

Hope you get a good low cost solution soon EJ.

Well, hope this doesn't signal the end for your Corrado - I know how disheartening it can be having setback after setback when you've spent lots of money on the car! Good luck getting it all sorted.

yes mate, a feeling all to familiar to us corrado and any old car enthusiasts. kinda gotta expect these things when you take a 190bhp lump and push it beyond 300, i partly blame myself for my treatments of the engine, never cold revved or anything dont get me wrong, but i do half give it a thrashing. prior to mivw last year i got in a bit of a heated stand of with an rs4 and being caught up in the moment i went WELL ABOVE 70, if you catch my drift, hasnt been perfect since then.

I think after all ive spent on this i just can let it go, and am going to persist with everything, james at OBD-works is cracking on with the brembo's, seats (I must add those brackets he has made are soooooo nice!!! so oem looking!) electric pump, wiring repairs, replacing all the rear brake set up, sorting all the rust, under sealing it, catch can, and various other bits.

Also i spoke to Vince yesterday as its booked in there end of the month and he confirmed if i can leave it with them an extra week or 2 he will be able to do it as and when he can.

Being just a head gasket its going to turn a 1300/1400 visit into a 2000/2200 visit. So a Serious financial punch in the face. If its a cracked head, might have to have a little think about it all, and either replace, or up grade to a 24v. Hopefully it wont come to that but crossing the old fingers and just gotta play the waiting game for now.

Sure the sniff test was correct? Maybe worth a call to stealth and see what they suggest. In such a short space of time and mileage it does seem surprising.

Hope you get a good low cost solution soon EJ.

Yes mate, 100% sure, all the tell tale signs are there, just needed the sniff test to confirm it, 100% carbon monoxide coming out the coolant res, did the test 3 times to be sure, also system pressurizing almost instantly further implies gas from elsewhere. Only variable factor now, is if its the head or the gasket, IM HOPING and might be wrong in thinking, surely from looking at that compression test, if the head was cracked, one or 2 cylinders would surely be WAY out, looking at the test there isnt much in it, hoping this means gasket, not head. I could be wrong. Hope im not.

Oh the joys, haha. ONWARDS!

Hoping by the end of the month they'll have finished my engine rebuild so I guess you'll be next in line after me :) Good luck.

If your ultimate goal is turbo then this is the perfect opportunity to do it?

There's plenty of 12V heads around if yours proves to be cracked.

I hope things pan out whichever way you decide to go

Thanks for all the kind words lads. Appreciate it. Bourbon you got the right idea. Nothing is being halted because of this only more things to be done. She will get there. Jim how much work you having done? Will deff be getting updated head bolts this time round.

Dox maybe in the future. But I love my charger to be honest with you. And 320/340 bhp on the LSD on all the rest of it should be more than enough to push the rado to its limits.

All that aside. On a more positive note. Got the seats all sorted and harnesses in. Looks pretty sweet if I do say so.

f1264cd6e7394f0b9178a1bf7321dd79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, anyone know the ral number? or exact carpet color i need to get? as i need to carpet over all that dynamat, cant bring myself to begin stripping it all up just yet. :/

Some picture sent over by OBD-works of current progress/findings. I said I want the underside inspected repaired and re sealed. The large rust hole I already new about. Glad he has spotted and is sorting all the other little bits aswell. Those rear discs though. Haha. 0a6fd7ed993c47c15f694a6ce2f79449.jpgf66ce04a678867716caf637ac05461d5.jpga7aa71aee97379f4546b3af462455282.jpg933f57afe00d289da3248cd5d1ed9be6.jpgd8ba32f0c5d72a220dbbfb4c785bff01.jpg0d6881002f6231438f0e69dfac7debd3.jpg42bb364a908fbb831b2d8600cb62706d.jpg

Little up-date to brighten my mood despite all of my current brake shenanigans, James @ OBD-works sent over some picture of what the underside of my car now looks like, all rust cut out, welded up, treated, sealed then re coated, looks amazing. Also new copper brake lines, Very pleased!!!!

Also he has somehow managed to neatly fit in a oil catch can utilizing the coolant res tank bracket. Looks awesome as per!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]84011[/ATTACH]

Over to stealth next week to try tackle my head situation, so to speak. Hopefully gasket and not my head :(

Edited by EJ Taylor

What strut bar you running please

I bought a mk2 golf omp one. As usual it didn't fit. So chopped the 2 ends of then got a fabricator to bend up some stainless pip with an angle to clear the engine, welded the ends to it, painted it in heat treated crinkle red paint, bolted it on. Maybe not the most cost affective way but works a treat and looks rather nice I recon.

4eea6507457c4dea989a63448f6cfac8.jpg

Picked it up from OBD-works last night. Frustratingly running really well. Although still under powered due to the cylinders low compression but starting and idling and so forth like new. Running superb. Also seating position in the RECAROS is freeKing awesome. Feels so nice. Managed to get them to sit a lower than the factor Corrado ones which anyone who's fitted after market seats will know isn't easy. With the harnesses and stuff though and how supportive they are feel so secure in the car gives you waaaay to much confidence haha. Such a shame the head or gaskets gone and it's now got to go off for another month or so. Just want to drive the bloody thing. Did have a little blap in it yesterday although I know I shouldn't of. Couldn't resist. Will get some better pics of the seats and stuff when I give it a clean before stealth.

Took the little pit bike for a blast aswell. I got to many toys haha.

44d853dca744933abe5d97efe1ca8747.jpg

Cleaned up nicely

e17fba8bebba5d896afeb7d836e61499.jpg

Engine not the best it's ever looked. But improvements on the horizon.

618d8b46af8a4fc74f37c72d8c22bdc1.jpg

Seats and harnesses

244fff1c9b8205d1e65564bedf752f44.jpg

f0e512826104c42495601b3696ca55b3.jpg

151fcc97da9ea129d2e0fcb3db7e99aa.jpg

And some random ones.

e0a7bf07d56ba26b9297f1593167948b.jpg

e2f4fd8633a006b884ee7683be86ea4a.jpg

f091ec4c1b45277c3c3b7af462d82a06.jpg

Seats are really tatty but going to get them re-trimmed as a Christmas present from the other half

Seats are really tatty but going to get them re-trimmed as a Christmas present from the other half

Tell us more about the Bristol 411

Tell us more about the Bristol 411

haha shes a thing of beauty.

Been off the road now for a few years now poor old thing, the old man promised me since we got it we will be putting me on the insurance when im 25, next year! He doesn't really have the spare time or money to maintain it so cant wait to get my hands on it properly. Basically, my dads a coach builder, specializes in Porsches, and old Bugatti's, type 30's and so on, also anything really, Website:

http://www.chestertoncoachworks.co.uk/

so about 7/8 or so years ago, a guy who he builds allot of porches for, a collector, invited him to his house to look at his full collection, walking about there was this huge thing with a cover on, dad asked to have a look at it, pullled cover off and behold it was the 411, he won it in an auction years before. Dad liked it, he didnt really care what happened to it, so said he could have it for what it owes him, about 3k. Me and the old man got the money together and behold, it was ours!!!! being a 6.5ltr, i was never able to get insured on it (despite still having the odd cheeky drive). but he assured me, when i was 25, i would be. Thats now next year!!!!!

With regards to the value, little did the seller know when he sold it, it would go on to be one of the most desired Bristols there is, Bristol contacting all 411 owners wanting to buy them back and re sell them with modern electronics etc for over £100k. It went on to beat the classic DB5 Aston as classic car of the year at the footman james classic car show a year or so back and has gone from strength to strength, ones in a similar condition to ours going for anywhere around the 40k mark. and going up and up and up.

for a car from the 70's its mental, 350bhp, 6.5ltr V8, top speed just shy of 150mph, all electric windows, in its day was an absolute monster, and the noise the engine makes has to be heard!

Like i said, cant wait to be insured on it, the corrado being a 2 seater, that will be the 5 seater of choice for any lifts or events that need a few passengers!!!!

Sounds lovely.... Any pictures when you get time would be good.

Going to try get it going this weekend or next so ill update when i do!

Got the brakes back Charlie pity you didn't take the care like I did when sending them to you i.e. Leaving the "broken" brakeline adaptor in them to prevent any brake fluid seeping out and damaging caliper paint.7023507141e0248c67ba18ef80381a74.jpg

fe3a8f5c4fe2f0b11ca398c901df74cf.jpg

Oh and when are we going to discuss a refund for the mk3 golf sunroof panel you sold me which is completely useless???

e88f672eec12232e313405e062b0f683.jpg

Oh you mean the paint that was already sh it when it arrived that you didnt even picture or tell me about? was like that when It arrived before we even took the pipe out? I wrapped them up if anything better than you did. Can you not do this on my still current thread please. seriously.

you can see you have clearly picked bits off to exaggerate it. Might have gotten under paint that was already flaking off though maybe. And no i didnt have those 2 completely fu cked bits of pipe you left in them. That you sold me and told me were completely fine. not to mention you said the calipers were mint and they were fu cking sh it condition. You demonstrating what a pr ick you are James. Would be lovely to bump into you in person and resolved all of this face to face. And i sold you that years ago, what good is bringing it up now in some petty attempt to... well i dont even know what your trying to achieve now. SAD as fu ck

Edited by EJ Taylor

Really wound me up James, now trying to make me look bad on my own thread. I posted as a last resort on yours cus you weren't resolving sh it. your just doing it to be petty and just embarrassing yourself again. Really upset me how your going on. Fu cking key board warrior.

AND!!!!!!!!!!!

If anything ive done you a favor, my mechanic spent an hour or so removing the SEIZED IN DESTROYED PIPES that your clearly could not remove, AS THEY WERE SEIZED IN. Hence why you chewed them up trying to remove them. Ended up accepting defeat and sent them me like that anyway, NOT EVEN TELLING ME ABOUT IT. TELLING ME THEY ARE MINT AND READY TO GO STRIAGHT ON!!!!!!!!! I have actually made them better and saved you or the next person the job of removing the fu cked seized in pipes. What is your problem man.

Im sorry everyone this is happening on the forum. This blokes just been nothing but an awkward difficult obnoxious di ck throughout this whole ordeal and im absolutely at the end of my patients with him.