EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

I might of messaged the owner,

I also might have a mental issue.

Who knows.

fingers crossed for you that you get a positive reply :)

I might of messaged the owner,

I also might have a mental issue.

Who knows.

As someone who managed to buy back their 'rado I hope you're successful mate

Only thing to worry about is you'll never be allowed to sell it again. Whenever the thought crosses my mind I basically get a barrage of abuse from friends and family about 'why bother, you'll only buy it back again....' :lol:

Only thing to worry about is you'll never be allowed to sell it again. Whenever the thought crosses my mind I basically get a barrage of abuse from friends and family about 'why bother, you'll only buy it back again....' :lol:

i echo those sentiments

i regretted selling my valver from the moment it drove away & though it cost me quite a lot to get it back on the road it makes me smile every day to see it once again on my drive & slowly getting back to the car i used to own as it was then

I can relate. Some years ago I tried to buy back an XR2 I shouldn't have sold, but got blanked. For a while I was even checking on its tax, but it never showed as being paid up, so I've got a feeling he tracked it; which it was way too good for... Hope you enjoy better luck than I did, anyway. Special car, yours.

haha, sounds like we have similar mates, i can see this exact situation happening lol, he has said he will let me have it back for what i paid, im guna give myself a few thinks to have a long hard think about it, the engine does need a re-build as its got a cracked/split piston ring, but it comes down to how much use can i get out of it till then, when will it need doing, will i have the money to do it, and whats the best way to go about it.

Options would be IMO, rebuild engine from scratch, fully forged,

Find a good r32 lump and stick it in there with all my mods on.....

allot to think about

i echo those sentiments

i regretted selling my valver from the moment it drove away & though it cost me quite a lot to get it back on the road it makes me smile every day to see it once again on my drive & slowly getting back to the car i used to own as it was then

Good thing is hes done nothing but look after it, :D

I can relate. Some years ago I tried to buy back an XR2 I shouldn't have sold, but got blanked. For a while I was even checking on its tax, but it never showed as being paid up, so I've got a feeling he tracked it; which it was way too good for... Hope you enjoy better luck than I did, anyway. Special car, yours.

As said to MIC, the opportunity is there, i just need a good old think about it, :scratch: :scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch::scratch:

Buy a Porsche, that will fill the hole ;)

haha, DONT!!!! I Cant be buying something ill chuck another 25+k on haha, but yes, 968's and 944's are things i have always wanted!!!!!!!

Prices are now climbing as well, but its also about speed for me that my issue, and no old Porsche in my price bracket could so much as come close to how my (not mine) Corrado performs.

You'd be surprised, pick the right one and its more than about the power. They are just honed so well you don't need loads of power to got fast. No more FWD power understeer as well.

You'd be surprised, pick the right one and its more than about the power. They are just honed so well you don't need loads of power to got fast. No more FWD power understeer as well.

But my old C has an LSD and grips like glue haha....

Im so undecided atm,

I dont want to regret buying it back, but i already regret selling it, gotta try figure this one out

Naturally you will regret having sold it for sure, I regret selling the red VRT but looked at it as an opportunity to try something else and there was a reason for selling. As soon as it breaks if you buy it back you'll soon be cursing yourself for buying it back.

Corrado prices are going up but not to the point that they will be unattainable. If you have a hankering for an older Porsche then they are getting to the point where the prices are making them unattainable.

What Im saying is you will be able to get back into a Corrado for sure so if you want to try something else then go for it. If the person that has it isn't actively selling just ask them to get in touch when or if they do come to sell and in the meantime go try something else.

Imagine how it would feel if the buy back option was suddenly off the table and you went back to regretting selling again. That's all you need to know about which way to go...

But my old C has an LSD and grips like glue haha....

Im so undecided atm,

I dont want to regret buying it back, but i already regret selling it, gotta try figure this one out

buy it back & be happy m8 :)

try not to regret whatever you decide. as i said before, life is far too short to be having regrets. look upon it that you had the courage to do what makes your heart & soul happy - if it doesnt work out in the long run then at least you can say you tried & enjoyed trying (rather than regret you did or didnt try or look at it like you failed)

keep the 12v VR6 - it is the true heart of the corrado VR

even if you have to lay it up for a while to sort a full rebuild you will have the feeling of wellbeing that it is yours & then reap the joyful grins it gives you once it is back on the road

i empathise with your pains & deliberation m8

ive just spent a fair amount on new 4 pots for my VR, had some welding done, addressed the worst patches of the underside & got a fresh ticket but after only days of getting her back she is laid up on the drive needing a new idle control valve & with a rear brake issue

i didnt even manage to bed the new brakes in yet :( lol

fortunately i work at a motor factors & can get staff rate so i managed to get a new ICV & rear discs/pads for around the RRP of an ICV itself - just got to fit them

add to that the need to get the sills painted, along with my night sky micro blistered bonnet, & both front wings starting to rot i must address paint very soon

am currently deliberating if better to have the wings cut/welded & painted or if it would be much more expensive to get carbon fiber wings from the states

all of the above will mean having to forfeit on carpet in the house, a new kitchen floor, getting my shed up etc BUT those things can & will have to wait as rot & rust wont

all that said, hand on heart, i honestly cant wait to get all that finished on the VR so i can grin everywhere i drive in it :)

I have had the pleasure of working on this C recently, must say im impressed! New driveshafts and wheel bearings

5EE2E5A7-61F0-4D9C-9F89-F6E34ACF8CEB_zpsigeaqev3.jpg

250154D5-F84A-4E18-9097-75897A48C6B6_zpsuf5ngv1y.jpg

DB463B49-BBDE-43BD-B288-11BE7C11F047_zpsxg7eccrz.jpg

55B435E4-BDBE-4125-96ED-5FADF04826B6_zps5vnkmexq.jpg