robrado974

Best leather cleaner , tips please

I have just got a beige leather interior to replace my black set . There are some marks that autoglym and astonish leather cleaner cannot shift . Anybody used a product that shifted tough stains ?. I do have to get some furniture clinic paint to touch up wear marks mabe best to clean and spray over the stains .Thanks Rob

Edited by robrado974

There are good products obviously but I don't think there are many exceptional products when it comes to shifting really bad marks. Unfortunately elbow grease and perseverance are two of your biggest allies. Personally I've always found Gliptone pretty good stuff (with a brilliant leathery smell as well!). That plus a toothbrush (or something with bristles) to work the dirt out gradually over a few applications.

Thanks , a bit more elbow grease then lol.Will see if i can get hold of some gliptone. Goes with having a light colour i spose ,shows every mark . Have to say though for leather thats seventeen years old , its in very good nick .

start with this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gliptone-liquid-leather-cleaner/prod_211.html using a nail brush and some warm/hot water to get all the stubborn stains out, then use a sponge with some more hot water on the rest, leave the leathers until 100% dry, then leave this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gliptone-liquid-leather-conditioner/prod_210.html to soak into the leather at least over night to condition the leather after the vigourous cleaning.

Job done

karl

start with this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gliptone-liquid-leather-cleaner/prod_211.html using a nail brush and some warm/hot water to get all the stubborn stains out, then use a sponge with some more hot water on the rest, leave the leathers until 100% dry, then leave this http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/gliptone-liquid-leather-conditioner/prod_210.html to soak into the leather at least over night to condition the leather after the vigourous cleaning.

Job done

karl

Nice one karl , same gear as vr6 mentioned ,will give this a go .

Matt possesion is 9 \ 10ths of the law lol bud

Another for Gliptone. Done both interiors (red and grey) with the cleaner and conditioner. Both came up excellent and smelling of fresh leather.

NB: Works best if the leather is warm and supple.

Work in with a nail brush, allow to dwell for 30 seconds then wipe off with a damp cloth. Keep cleaning the cloth out in clean, warm water. Apply a couple of coats of conditioner.

Rear, upper seat headrests are prone to drying out badly, so may need a few feeds of conditioner. Likewise, the front seats will need two or three wallops with the cleaner.

Best of luck

James

yeh very true James forgot that about the heat, so seeing its chuffing freezing get the missus (or your) hairdryer on each panel and just warm it all up before/while cleaning, or just do the cleaning in the lounge in front of the radiator, sure the missus wont mind??

Gliptone is awesome stuff.. Started getting dirt out of a relatively clean looking panel on mine. Long job though, one I'm leaving till the new year!

I actually wonder how I managed to live without baby wipes before having my boy, they're so bloody useful.

i've found just cleaning leather is the best thing to do, the conditioners don't seem to change anything after they have dried.

Isn't that the whole point though? The conditioners are simply meant to feed the leather and keep it supple once you've exfoliated and removed the crud from the grain of the leather. Plus stuff like the Gliptone conditioner gives it a lovely leathery smell as well!

Isn't that the whole point though? The conditioners are simply meant to feed the leather and keep it supple once you've exfoliated and removed the crud from the grain of the leather. Plus stuff like the Gliptone conditioner gives it a lovely leathery smell as well!

exactly plus the conditioner places a coating on the leather after it has dried to protect the leather you have cleaned

vanish carpet cleaner in spray bottle (not the foam one) the cheapest possible vanish, less than 2 quid in tesco, asda etc. I did few leather reconditioning and nothing else clean so well as it is.

Another vote for the furniture clinic conditioner, love the smell !

Didn't get on with the cleaner,got good results with Autoglym leather cleaner !