Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

I WANT FLAMES.!!

i was chasing my mate in his impresa round the gatwick straight the other night,(from stand still he eats me, but from 60 to 120 we are even 8) , he runs 280bhp, i'm close to 240.) and he get flames out during gear change, no flamer kit, just natural flames, and it looks sweet 8) :lol: :D , i want it, surely theres a way, i using a stage 5 sns chip, any ideas???[/b]

Running a catalytic converter? Then all that unburnt fuel won't do any good to it ... :roll:

Sorry to be a spoil-fun ...

Tempest

Flames? but that means you're not running with an optimised fuel map so are down on power! ;) :roll:

Flames = rich running /rich on over-run...

Sod that... I'd rather know that my car is set up properly and won't run lean or flame and know that both my engine and exhaust/bumper will survive a decent thrashing then to have a momentary fireworks display that I'm never likely to see anyway... Get a rolling road setup with a custom map, and enjoy the fact that you're safely squeezing all the horses outta your engine... 8)

Flames? but that means you're not running with an optimised fuel map so are down on power!

Not on scooby yes on g60......

his car will be designed to do that.....its anti lag feuling.....thats what makes rally cars splutter so much

the ecu dumps fuel in and on the exhaust stroke ignites it...so that rather than the expanding air forcing the piston down.....it forces the turbo round so it stays on good boost.....super charged cars dont need this obviously!

Edit - Thought I would stop trying to tell you that anything could possibly go into the cylinder on the exhaust stroke....although I guess u all knew what I ment

Flames? but that means you're not running with an optimised fuel map so are down on power!

Not on scooby yes on g60......

his car will be designed to do that.....its anti lag feuling.....thats what makes rally cars splutter so much

the ecu dumps fuel in on the exhaust stroke and ignites it...so that rather than the expanding air forcing the piston down.....it forces the turbo round so it stays on good boost.....super charged cars dont need this obviously!

Ah, that makes sense... I never knew that about Turbo'd cars... quite a clever trick really... 8)

seen this very system in action on a rally program on men & motors last week, great idea if I ever have a turbo car I'll be getting some of that action :D

Sandy

That is true of the Rally cars but not the road going Scoobs. The flames from road going scoobs are more likely the cause of an over-rich chip rather than forced anti-lag fuelling. ALF would not get through an MOT.

K

Facts....

i dont know scoobies

i am not an mot tester

i have never seen a mot tester rev the tits out of a car to se if it flames - ALF is only used under certain throttle and engine speed conditions!

Are you saying that scooby wrx does not have ALF built in to std ecu and/or remapped chip? If you are then clearly I am wrong!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

remember reading something about rally cars having really aggressive maps and always having the throttle at least slightly open hence their high idle speeds

One thing this doesn't quite explain tho.. the Group 'n' non turbo cars still pop n fart flames, and obviously they must be tuned to an optimal performance

ok ok :( so it cant really be done, oh well.

it can be done, dont know how

i ve a friend with a mk2 g60 which pops flames on demand, its putting out about 190 at the wheels with quite a high tune.

not sure of the exact set-up

dont listen to ppl who say there is no point, they are right about overfueling etc

but if you want your car to pop flame thats up to you 8)

Buy a Nova and a flamer kit and save both money, and the decent image of the Corrado.

Just IMHO.

he runs 280bhp, i'm close to 240

whats have you done to your car to run 240? (apart from the +20 bhp stickers of course...joke!)

Are you saying that scooby wrx does not have ALF built in to std ecu and/or remapped chip? If you are then clearly I am wrong!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My friend's 2000 WRX hasn't.

Dont the G60's have a fuel shut off system built into the wiring so unburnt fuel isn't a factor on over run? I know of several pre 91 G60's that haven't got the so called fuel shut off system and pop out nice flames on over run when they have been tuned so I cant see why this feature on the later cars cant be reversed!

Buy a Nova and a flamer kit and save both money, and the decent image of the Corrado.

lmfao, go man go!

what the hell do you want flames for? :o To get or exaust burned? :lol: Ýou have been watching The Fast and the Furious... right? I just want power on the wheels! :D

None of the scoobies come with anti lag as standard not even the 22B.. I agree i hate flame outs my car does it in its current state of tune .. it scares the life out of me hearing it pop and bang .. i keep thinking i've been flashed by a speed cam.. it attracts the wrong sort of attention..

:roll: