iR6

New wheels LM's or RS's ??!! Updated pics - Wheels now fitted

Going to order some new alloys tomorrow (well today now!) as a late chrimbo treat.

I have narrowed it down to 17" BBS LM's or RS's, replicas i may add. And have found suppliers of both.

For the past week have swung from one to the other, and even now at the eleventh hour am up late trawling the net for pics.....

Always loved LM's but after seeing pics of rados with RS's, especially forum member 'zac's motor - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?32999-blackberry-vr-17-quot-rs199-s/page29&highlight=blackberry

I just can't decide, so any help guys n girls??

Edited by iR6

Ah, that's a very tough one. I'd have to opt for the RS but it's very close and I think you'd be happy with either.

Portent is right, they are both really nice wheels. Do you have links to the sites your thinking buying them from??

neither, sorry but they are both replicas and so will weigh a ton and will not have a good finish, the lm replicas are prone for going rusty around the fake bolts, and the replica rs's just dont look right.

sorry just my 2p

karl

Cheers for the comments guys.

Ok i have gone and ordered the RS's - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130566262272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3779wt_1180 (though with silver bolts)

They are cheap enough not to worry about them getting in too much of a state, don't think i could handle curbing a set of genuine BBS.

KADVR6, i appreciate what your saying, and the LM reps don't look quite right. I'll be coating the RS reps in 'Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour' before fitting and won't use anything harsh to clean them. Along with the car never being used during winter i should be able to a respectable amount of use out of them.

Wish i could both justify and afford a set of genuine's but hay ho!!

Coullstar i always loved the 'integrale' style alloys you had on the VRT, where they speedlines?

They were Compomotive TH2's. Best part of £1k now for wheels alone. Ive asked the guy that bought my car about a dozen times if I could buy them back.

They did look great, then again the whole car did! Don't think I've ever seen a set on another C.

What sizes did you opt for?

Those are probably the best Bbs reps about ATM...

I tend to agree with bristolbaron, but there are but's. For example the RS001 I had on my former MKII was made 7*15" from factory. I had the original bolts, nuts and tools and the original receipt too. That is to say they were virgins, unmolested airtight ones. The RM set I also had wer utterly crap, and wouldn't hold air even after being renovated, and since they don't ahve nuts on the backside, they are really hard to get airtight in comparison to RS's. But many people today have bent a rim edge or go bananas in width so they get copies of the outer rims. Then they are hardly original any more. This is not said to be a snob ;)

I think I've seen a few nice LM copies which is a more modern wheel to the Corrado. The RS's just can't be beaten in style. Hard to fin a set in 16" four bolt patern to fit an old G60 though. And cost the same as a Corrado around these waters.

Good luck on your RS purchase, adn let's see some nice pics when put on your Corrado.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Glad you purchased the RS

I'm after a set in 16/17"

Not reps, I had LM reps before

Not a gud experience

I dont get the whole deal with replica snobbery, some people dont want to spend £1k+ on a set of wheels and whether something is a split rim or not doesnt matter. I realise you pay for what you get but at the end of the day most cars are not going to be show cars and they will be looked after so why not? The Corrado suits the LM perfectly, dare I say it better than the RS's IMO.

The Corrado suits the LM perfectly, dare I say it better than the RS's IMO.

Pics to support argument please:shrug:

I dont get the whole deal with replica snobbery, some people dont want to spend £1k+ on a set of wheels and whether something is a split rim or not doesnt matter. I realise you pay for what you get but at the end of the day most cars are not going to be show cars and they will be looked after so why not? The Corrado suits the LM perfectly, dare I say it better than the RS's IMO.

This ^^^

Reps looked pretty good on ebay, make sure you get some pics up when you receive them and let us know how you find the weight, quality, finish etc :)

im all game for buying reps, if you cant afford the real price tag then why not, wish i had £1200 spare for LMs but even then not sure i could justify spending it on wheels alone, id rather spend a bit on the engine, mechanics etc.

I'm with you mate, I've rocked reps before and to be honest on a daily will do again!!

I'm my opinion lm's are the best looking wheel for a Corrado. In 17" though.

Good luck with your purchase, I dare say they will look the dingleberries when they are fitted.

I guess reps v genuine is an argument that could go on, they are just not for some people....and neither is shopping at Primark but hey I've done both now!! Ha I'm such a porper!!

They have turned up today though i cant fit them as im gonna need spacers for the fronts to clear the calipers. Rears are on. Pleased with the overall look, though I've nothing to compare them with. They have been supplied with bbs centre logos with was good of them.

The centre caps my be a tad chromey for my liking though I guess this is easily sorted.

Not the best pics though I'll put some finished ones up once sorted....

photocopy2.jpg

photocopyfs.jpg

Looks good. But true, the centers are too cromed. On my set, the center "nuts" were larger or rather deeper. These look more like RM things. Anyway, nice wheels.

Cheers,

Redfox.

They look not bad. Whats the width and offset? Tried the front to see they dont hit the calipers.

Heres some LM reps photos.

The LMs do look awesome in your pics, especially the silver one! Tbh they are my favourite wheel but after seeing the blackberry on RSs in my original post it just swayed be towards them.

The rears are 8.5 and the fronts 8, off set is 35. Though they don't clear the front calipers so awaiting some spacers.

The LMs do look awesome in your pics, especially the silver one! Tbh they are my favourite wheel but after seeing the blackberry on RSs in my original post it just swayed be towards them.

The rears are 8.5 and the fronts 8, off set is 35. Though they don't clear the front calipers so awaiting some spacers.

what calipers you got on the front then??