iR6

New wheels LM's or RS's ??!! Updated pics - Wheels now fitted

I've got the 288's. Hoping it wil be ok with spacers. Didn't realise the 288s poke out much more then standard

Received the spacers today so fitted the wheels on, I'm really happy with the look now.

Im keeping this car forever :)

img1541pu.jpg

img1542u.jpg

Thanks everyone!

they look good for reps! what size did you go for? and what was the total spend?

They are 17x8.5 all round, with spacers as they wouldn't clear the 288 calipers. My arches have been rolled, but even so I really expected problems. Though they don't!! I was amazed, only on full lock do they ever so slightly rub, but it's nothing.

Cost was £600 for wheels & tyres, £30 for some C5 (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/gtechniq-c5-wheel-armour/prod_878.html)

Okay I surrender, the look awesome or whatever the youngsters say these days. You must be very satisfied.

Great choice.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Okay I surrender, the look awesome or whatever the youngsters say these days. You must be very satisfied.

Great choice.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Ha cheers for that.

They will never be as desirable as genuines, but it achives the look I was after. And I won't feel sucidal if I do happen to curb them!

Received the spacers today so fitted the wheels on, I'm really happy with the look now.

Im keeping this car forever :)

img1542u.jpg

Really liking the wheels and my wife prefers these with the deep dish to my standard RS's. Really like the original rear lenses on this picture as well.

they do look really really great, and good purchase with the C5 to protect them with, wonder what size spacers would be required to needed for my brembos to fit??

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

also would you mind weighing one for me please.

karl

Looking lovely mate, was never convinced of 17s on a rado but these are spot on, so much in fact i was planning on buying some schmidt MLs again for the summer but I'm very tempted by these.

So theyre 17x8.5, what tyres and spacers did you run on the front, I only have 280s tho to be fair so should be ok, might need my rear arches rolled tho? Did you have any pics from the rear or front to get an idea of the stance, or close ups? :)

Thanks for all the positive comments peoples, i know its nothing ground breaking, but i'm now convinced i made the right choice.

also would you mind weighing one for me please.

karl

will do mate, i'll get one weighed during the week and let you know.

Looking lovely mate, was never convinced of 17s on a rado but these are spot on, so much in fact i was planning on buying some schmidt MLs again for the summer but I'm very tempted by these.

So theyre 17x8.5, what tyres and spacers did you run on the front, I only have 280s tho to be fair so should be ok, might need my rear arches rolled tho? Did you have any pics from the rear or front to get an idea of the stance, or close ups? :)

I gave 16"s some serious thought as they are the best 'all round' size for the Corrado. But the price is not to dissimilar for 17", though my theory is that if they do cause problems then they should be easy enough to trade for some 16"s!

Tyres are 215/35, so some stretch, a 5mm spacer on the rear, though I'm not entirely sure they are needed, but the wheel did look very close to the coilover before i let the jack down and had them lying about so put them on to be safe.

With the fronts, i am told, should clear standard callipers, though id be very surprised if there where no issues again avoiding the coilovers. With the 288 callipers i have had to put 10mm hub-centric spacers on.

I replaced the front wings with new items last year and had them rolled before being painted, on the off chance i fitted wider wheels.

Didn't take any pics directly of the rear, but you should be able to get an idea from the pic below....

img1533s.jpg

img1535mg.jpg

img1539gj.jpg

Perfect stance! I'm not a big fan of 301's (or similar) but that does look really quite spectacular..

It does look great but I couldnt do it...it`d be like being the kid at school with adidas two stripes....

It does look great but I couldnt do it...it`d be like being the kid at school with adidas two stripes....

Ha, I have been driving around with my head down as folks point and snigger!

Ha, I have been driving around with my head down as folks point and snigger!

best reps i`ve seen tbh

Very nice car to start with which helps considerably but must say wheels look great on the car.

PMSL....... Better running monobloc rims than these chunky munkeys. If ops happy then all is cool, horses for courses. I'm running RC's as the LM's couldn't get on with it being a NUgget.

I have to admit I think they look really good. To be honest they are the best reps I have seen. Only things that would put me off are the price, seem expensive to me and the weight as Reps are always heavy.

Car looks lovely though :)

Jay