carrots

woundnt mind a disco

ive got to the age that ive bought a caravan,thing is the corrado wont tow it and i wouldnt use it if it would.i could do do with a cheap 4x4 anyone got any ideas.discos,shogun etc

80 series landcruiser is the best 4x4, made from 1989 to 1998. The only vehicle to travel to both poles and just about every desert on earth. Australians wouldn't give a XXXX for anything else. Trouble is they are not cheap to buy. So maybe the Disco or a Hang over.......(Range Rover)

i like the look of that

It was the first one i found so there are loads about mate

Edited by Johnny H

As above, DO NOT go for the disco, Unless you have a welder or some deep pockets? The musso is an ugly box but it's mercedes powered....?

Glad people agree over the disco, they are a real bag o sh*te. I didn't like to say it out loud as it usually ends in some one saying "I have one and its great"!

They say in Oz, if you are going to the outback you'll need a four wheel drive. If you wanna come back from the outback, you'll need a Toyota!

Most of the mining companies out there only buy Toyotas, in some of the mines the air is very salt laden. They actually use the vehicles down there, apparently Land Rovers rust away quite quickly.

All Landrover's of that era are trouble, if your handy with spanner's then it'snot so bad, but the ECU's are a nightmare. I had a P38 Rangerover and the air suspension kept going on it. all it needed was the ECU resetting each time, but we were on holiday so I had to comunicate to an Italian land rover dealership. NOT FUN :( However all Disco's seem to be bottoming out in their price range so if you are going to buy one then now would be the time to do it. However they will never be as collectible as a defender or a series!

The old toyota vs land rover argument. Just as well this is on the corrado forum, The amount of abuse flying around if this was on a 4x4 forum would make great reading :lol:

My brother is almost finished building the ultimate 4x4... a series 2a 300tdi conversion complete with power steering! It's got all the bells and whistles however its taken 3 years and involved stripping every nut, bolt and bush then re-fabricating everything along the way.

I've literally just put a Daihatsu Fourtrak on eBay, not really my cup of tea anymore but you might be interested. Not looking for a buy it now so am going to let the auction run until the end:

Linky

It's not a minter but a perfect workhorse with plenty of life left in it. Has got a towbar and electrics too.

Cheers

Tom

Toms Fourtrak could be a good option. A woman I worked with swore by them as she was always towing a horse box with two large horses.

I've never heard a good word said about discos. Everyone I've known that's had one has gotten rid ASAP. My personal preference would either be a defender or the Toyota Land Cruiser, depending on usage. I'd probably end up with Toyota though, as it's a capable off roader with the creature comforts as well.