quicky1980

Project Q

Started on my new project so thought it best to creat a new thread. I've got this Corrado for next to nothing, admitedly its not in the best condition but for what I need it for it's perfect. Some decent aspects to the car inc working sunroof, ss back box, working engine, pretty much all original too, but that will soon change lol

DSCF5321.jpg

DSCF5322-1.jpg

DSCF5323-1.jpg

DSCF5324.jpg

DSCF5325-1.jpg

DSCF5326-1.jpg

DSCF5327.jpg

DSCF5328.jpg

DSCF5329.jpg

DSCF5330.jpg

DSCF5331.jpg

DSCF5332.jpg

DSCF5333.jpg

So far Ive sold the interior and started to collect a number of goodies for the project but really need to sell the engine bay stuff to actually get started.

Will try and upload some new pics of the bits I've got waiting to go into this car.

Edited by quicky1980

Well the wheels are up for grabs. I think some of you know already so its no real surprise but the plan is awd with twin turbo 3.2 24v but this is going to take some time. Also have a few other plans but will expand as I get to each bit

Just been looking at a few youtube vids of a 2.0 16v buggy, this may be something I can do with the engine and doesnt look too tricky to do

Sam could you make a baja buggy with a 16v in? That could be amazing!

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Also if you want to swap that nasty grey trim and carpets over to black you're more than welcome to come strip the plum of it's trim panels. Just make a donation on here to cover it. :salute:

thanks for the link, ive got the major bits i needed and a few more special bits but still tracking down the little fiddly things like rear beam brakets and rear calliper carriers. i think Ive sourced some rallye rear arms so should be ok for disks on the rears.

wasnt thinking baja buggy as would need more money and time, was merely thinking space frame buggy like..

all depends really, plus the missus has told me i wouldnt be able to use it on our paddock, damn!

Also if you want to swap that nasty grey trim and carpets over to black you're more than welcome to come strip the plum of it's trim panels. Just make a donation on here to cover it. :salute:

Sorry forgot to answer this one, but really appreciate the offer however the interior wont be needed for what im doing. First step is to get the car to a rolling shell to allow for cuts and welds (easier said than done at the moment due to my lack of motivation)

Is this going to be a track car? I heard some nasty legislations had come in that makes it hard to register a car which has completely new drivetrain dropped into it. The mk2 Golf with S2 running gear springs to mind.

wasnt aware of that issue but thankfully this will be a road car primarily.

Just to make sure that everyone is aware, this will be a failry slow build. my other one ive owned for over 6 years now I think and its taken me that long to get it to where Im just about happy with it. this one will have everything ive learnt, gathered over time put into it so this should become my main rado at some stage. the other one has its own fate but again will keep this updated as necessary

So here are the pictures of the bits that Ive started to aquire for the project

R32 box, the transfer box is in the shed and just needs re-attaching

2012-01-08151125.jpg

Syncro beam with haldex diff, also part of a syncro prop shaft

2012-01-08151133.jpg

The all important boot pan

attachment.php?attachmentid=49317&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1316975156

Got some goodies today..

2012-01-18200051.jpg

Came with the cables and latch mechanism but looks pretty complicated compared to the rado's setup, oh the fun!

What front drive shafts are you planing to run ?? Only I can find is Driveshaftshop ones which obviously aren't cheap. Looking for cheaper alternative to finally fit my R32 box, any ideas ??

well Ive managed to do a bit of work this weekend and now have the engine bay cleared of the lump. Once I sell the interior I should be able to get really started on this. Not had much luck finding rear arms for the beam but still plenty of time.

I could use syncro rear arms but wish to go wide track so am attempting to obtain vr6 syncro arms (and hopefully a beam with it too!)

Got some goodies today..

2012-01-18200051.jpg

Came with the cables and latch mechanism but looks pretty complicated compared to the rado's setup, oh the fun!

SNAP! i got those from an A6 as the whole area's flat seems perfect for it, and i just won on ebay an ignition barrel and door barrel and key for £11.50 posted! , i'll let you know when i start fitting mine , also came across a corrado snycro build thread on vortex which was very detailed and almost made me want to start one :( i'll try n find it for ya.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3187589-Corrado-newbie-and-another-AWD-corrado-build-)

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

cheers for that. The ones I have are A4 which I found out recently are different to the A6 so now have a spare delocked drivers side door handle up for grabs. grr

Ahh yea, I noticed that after seeing audi's and thinking... I'm sure there is something different about them. They have a flat bit on the top don't they?

Have you started fitting them yet?

yea i looked through a bunch of audi handles , a3 seems to curved and the corrado is flat, the one which took my fancy was the A6 , if you need any cut out this guy here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280726100148&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 will do this door handle and key for £50.00 posted, i messaged a bunch of A6 breakers and got one and this guy replied sayn he has done this for people in the past and he can do it for £50.00 so that saves you looking around for it...

i'll get some pics of my A6 cut out's tomo so you can have a closer butchers..

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

hmm, youve got me wondering now if a6 handles are better. I shall have to re asses things

i would say that a6 handles would suit the corrados lines alot better.