Ronko

VR6 dark burgundy - wheel refurb

Hi all ive had my corrado for over a year now but haven't got round to starting a thread so here it is. Ive done various maintenance jobs on it full service, pads and discs all round, coolant flush, gearbox oil change, sunroof repair, heater thermal fuse repair, wheel refurb loads of other bit and bobs too. I love the dark burgundy pearl colour and the engine is phenomenal. gonna attempt to get some pics up thanks Guy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50939[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50940[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50947[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50949[/ATTACH]

got more detailed pics just need to resize them.

Edited by Ronko

Thanks, it got grey leather seats and door cards in mint condition which ive recently fitted, which replaced the worn black cloth seats. Carpet and dash are black need to get some pics though will do soon.

Edited by Ronko

Always good to have another in the north west. Paint looks in good order and it'll be good to see the leather.

Glad to hear you're handy with the spanners as well.

Any other plans ?

Yeah another DBP VR up this way, I will keep my eyes peeled for you. I feel we need a 2012 NW Corrado meet at Jodrell bank. :)

Looks like a good start as a base car, as James said, any plans?

My plans are to just get it really clean and tidy, it's got and couple of paint imperfections where peeling lacquer has been repaired to a fashion and a car park dint on the passenger door I'm gonna sort very soon. As for the engine I'll leave it apart from the air filter keep swapping from standard box to the K&N cone can't decide which I prefer, well scorpion exhaust too which is ok but wouldn't mind a standard or magnex. I'm always on the look out for a rare set of alloys it's already nicely lowered on spax.

Edited by Ronko

Looks lovely. I also think its the best colour. Waited for ages to see if one of these popped up for sale before I bought my own, but no luck. Very jealous!

il add to that best colour remark as mine is also a dbp vr,

looks very nice ,would like to see what the grey leather looks like in there,,

Heres some pics of the dark burgundy pearl with grey leather I personally like the match. let me know what you think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50990[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50991[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50992[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50992[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50993[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50995[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50997[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]50998[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50999[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]51000[/ATTACH]

Thanks people. I had the grey carpets too which i could have put in but thought I should just keep with the black, think it was the right choice.

Loving that; grey leather get's a bit of a poor press round here which I don't really understand.... Lightens the interior a treat and is aesthetically less oppressive than having everything black.

Top work sir

Mark

Yeah it defenatly lightens it up the inside compared to the black cloth seats which used to be in. I also plumbed in the heated part of the seats it's fantastic I've never had heated seats before. Had a bit of trouble though Both the backrest elements had came unsoldered at the joins on both seats sorted that out With help from the Bentley manual wiring diagram, quite easy to read that manual very helpful.

I feel we need a 2012 NW Corrado meet at Jodrell bank. :)

I'm feeling that too.

Really clean. I like this a lot.

hi all ive recently been overhauling the front end of my corrado, wishbones, balljoints, droplinks and anti roll bar. brakes, top mounts, struts and springs were all done about 6 month ago. the first problem i came across was 1 wishbone bolt was badly seized the N/S rear I manged to remove it by heating all around the top over the subframe freezing it didnt work

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52789[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]52797[/ATTACH]

Once i got the wishbones of discovered bushes were split probably why it was pulling slighty to the left. ABR bushes and the bar were in a bad way also.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52801[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]52805[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52809[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]52821[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52813[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]52817[/ATTACH]

Front bushes were also bad, well one of them but i'll change both.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52825[/ATTACH]

Sheared engine mount bolt to add to the fun, didnt even turn it hard. managed to remove it by welding a washer then a nut to wind out when red hot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52829[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]52833[/ATTACH]

Cleaned up the original wishbones and treated the rust ready for paint and am waiting for the parts from VW, will finish of this weekend hopefully.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52837[/ATTACH]

Edited by Ronko

Looking good mate, DBP is one classy colour!

You can't beat beige leather in it though IMO.

Looking good. Just about to start the refurb of my wishbones etc... Going to get mine blasted and powder coated though as its a lot less work :)

We still need to organise a NW meet up now it's getting a bit warmer.

Jay