Danny B

Anyone else watching this rubbish ??

Last night (Sunday) I unfortunatley stumbled across Lenny Henry's new show on BBC1 - what a pile of absolute tosh !! Don't get me wrong, I use to love Henry in the good old days ...... he was a genius in his day who had me rolling around in fits - but sadly not anymore. The jokes are old and the fake laughter is cringe worthy - who at the BBC thought this was a good idea :bonk:

Anyway, fast forward to tonight (Monday) and I stumble across the same thing, but this time with Jasper Carrott ....... these guys are dinosaurs and not particularly funny ones at that. Is the British comedy pot of talent so low these days they have to rewind 20 years ??!!

I don't get it :scratch:

i think the standard of british comedy currently is very high.. theres some great talent about.

however i think the only 'older' comedian whos stood the test of time for me is billy connelly.. im going to see him next month and cant wait.

I'm watching the arsenal game on espn. Quite funny at half time when the leeds fans right next to the presenter were chanting "espn, your f*****g s**t"!

Like carrot cake, used to like it but I just don't get it anymore. As for Lenny Henry, don't get me started! Whatever next?

i think the standard of british comedy currently is very high.. theres some great talent about.

however i think the only 'older' comedian whos stood the test of time for me is billy connelly.. im going to see him next month and cant wait.

Exactly ...... I just dont see the point of going back in time when you dont need to considering the 'current comedy crop'.

Billy is a genius though, love his southern hemisphere tours - the Aussies love him to.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

.............. Whatever next?

Indeed - free football on TV and a Top Gear that actually reviews cars perhaps !!

Might be showing my age now but just flicked on 353 MTV Dance. Much more entertaining, classic 90's clubbing. Better than the bbc!

Might be showing my age now but just flicked on 353 MTV Dance. Much more entertaining, classic 90's clubbing. Better than the bbc!

Doing the same :)

My Corrado music seems to be a homage to the 90'a recently.

I have to say the level of comedy for me is absolutely appalling, shows like phoneshop actually make me angry! I watched fawlty towers the other day, the scene where the car breaks down and he starts hitting it and I was in tears laughing! but then I watch newer things and its just older stuff rewritten. I would happily watch harry hill get beaten to a pulp and be highly amused!

I must admit though, live at the apollo is brilliant and those kind of stand up programs, there are some very funny guys and girls but its the shows I find absolute garbage!

I say bring back blackadder, fawlty towers, spoofs like hot shots, airplane and naked gun.

Probably seen it too many times now but will anyone ever make a film as funny as The Life of Brian? Ok parts of the Inbetweeners movie cracked me up but it did just seem to be a lets make some money at xmas film. Not knocking it mind as it has been a refreshing addition to comedy on TV. Fresh Meat is amusing as well, probably because I reminds me of my student house too much. The posh guy is top class! Whats his name?

Jack Whitehall..

I quite liked fresh meat although I HATE the inbetweeners. I mostly watch panel shows now; 8 of of 10 cats, Celeb Juice, A league of their own and QI when I need more mental stimulation. I was a big fan of Frank Skinner, but haven't been able to get into opinionated.

I'm trying to remember the last good Sitcom I watched and I'm struggling..

Jack Whitehall..

I'm trying to remember the last good Sitcom I watched and I'm struggling..

Oh yeah thats him. Cracks me up. Oh and my student days were in Bristol Baron. Spent most of my time playing football on the downs and then in the corry tap cider place. Is it still there? Strong stuff..

As for sit com Not going out with lee mack is so bad its quite funny.

BBC is crap for comedy, i agree with the Lenry Henry thing, not liked him for a while and i swear he looks tormented/depressed on the tv, like he is going to top himself any day soon.

same for Mrs Browns Boys, another load of unfunny ****e.

Have to say, the funniest thing I saw over christmas was the re-runs of the christmas specials for the two ronnies and morecambe and wise.........For something thats 30 year old at best that tells you a lot about modern british comedy :shrug:

I agree about Lee Mack - so bad - yet so funny !!

Live at the Apollo is usually good, apart from when Michael McIntyre is on - what is it with that man - always shouting !!

The only stand-ups I like are, Frankie Boyle for his "everyone thinks it, but is too scared to say it" controversial humour and Al Murray's intelligent humour / history lessons.

One of the Funniest things I've watched recently was the film, Bridesmaids. I normally give chic flix a very wide berth but that was a good watch :D

Watched Micheal McIntyre’s Christmas Special on BBC. Missed it as it was broadcast, but have now watched it twice on iplayer. The ‘Fairy Tale of New York’ and Rhod Gilbert’s Christmas present had me in tears. Give it a try – still on iplayer I think.

Thought I would resurrect this to tell eveyone to watch Kevin Bridges show tonight at 10.45 BBC1.

I really liked the last few times I've seen him on TV and last weeks first show of this series was very good ...... difficult to explain but its quite original !!

Hopefully tonight will be just as good :thumbleft: