24V Renshaw

New garage - what to put in my want list?

As you've said, a compressor and air lines is a v.good idea. A plain workbench with vice is a good idea too, as well as a shelving area etc...... Maybe a hydraulic press either freestanding or bench mounted would be a good idea, and can be had for less than a ton for the keen diy'er. Get a machine mart catalogue and go through all of it. Ive planned my dream garage out a million times on paper, now just have to find about 30k to achieve it though! Lol.

Well I will have a nice new prefab garage for sale in a few months, plenty big enough for walking round a corrado :)

Been outside with the tape to see how big I can go and it looks like I can build a 6x4m garage.

Should be a nice size to put the C in.

Just need to put in for planning now

Just need to put in for planning now

You don't always need planning permission, depending on where its going and how big your space is, you can sometimes get away with using 'permitted development'. That's what i did and my garage is 7.5 X 7.5m , still needed a building warrant and proper drawings though which are the expensive parts, the planning permission is fairly cheap compared to the cost of the rest.

If the building has had any extensions or alterations you loose you PD rights. So if you bought a flat that was once originally a house, there would be no PD rights. This is my knowledge on PD.

The other way round is to apply for a games room/hobby room and with building regs for shower/sink and soil drainage. Plus electrics. The car is a hobby after all. Gives you wider scope later down the line.

Edited by Rams