Andi

The CF Update: New design, new classifieds & more to come!

I'll take a look tomorrow :) just redesigned vr6oc.com to work on all all browsers with responsive design for iPad /iPhone etc... All CSS / html5 and jquery!

New classified are awesome, I hated the previous set up with a passion, it was overly complicated.

Good work mate, if any of my bits sell on here I'll be sure to donate some more! ;)

looks like its something to do with the floatcontainer doc_header CSS style....

Using IE 9 developer tools you can manipulate the CSS sheet on the fly... In all fairness to IE9.... its not bad in terms of support and developer tools available... kicks the shizzle out of IE8... and this is coming from a diehard apple fan ;)

Literally just tweaked the height to 230px and seems not to overlap anymore.... have a play see what works best for you ;)

Hope this is finally the end of people complaining about the Classifieds section. We've tried it with comments, without comments and now I think settled on a fair balance!

hmmm.... thers still some issues wit the "toplinks" div style too, I suspect this should sit inside th "topWelcome" div, but currently doesnt... probably why it's causing things to shift around a little... if you supress the background-image, it sort of looks ok, but I dont know how it should do to compare :)

If you use Trace Styles in the Developer Tools it will give you a starting point :)

I like the new layout guys. One thing (and this may have been mentioned above). How is the 'new posts' button meant to work? Whenever I log on to check the forum, and click new posts, I am getting stuff which is the past 24 hours, not what's new since I last logged on. Is that right?

Site looks good but I have same over lap problem on my Android phone (galaxy s2), old site was fine. I guess its a bit to much to expect it to be perfect on every version of phone browser so not a big issue from my point of view just thought I'd mention it.

I like the new layout guys. One thing (and this may have been mentioned above). How is the 'new posts' button meant to work? Whenever I log on to check the forum, and click new posts, I am getting stuff which is the past 24 hours, not what's new since I last logged on. Is that right?

Hit the logo instead..

Site looks good but I have same over lap problem on my Android phone (galaxy s2), old site was fine. I guess its a bit to much to expect it to be perfect on every version of phone browser so not a big issue from my point of view just thought I'd mention it.

Buy Tapatalk from the Android market. You won't regret it. A lot better way to view the site on your phone.

Thanks, mate. I'll have to have a look when I'm back from holiday, unless you can instruct either Toby or Tom (VR6) what to change...

Hit the logo instead..

Buy Tapatalk from the Android market. You won't regret it. A lot better way to view the site on your phone.

Thanks, mate. I'll have to have a look when I'm back from holiday, unless you can instruct either Toby or Tom (VR6) what to change...

Here if needed, just yell.

Hit the logo instead..

Yep, just tried that and still getting older stuff than the previous visit....

Yep, just tried that and still getting older stuff than the previous visit....

It only clears if your session expires - and because I've upped the session time to 12 hours to stop the frequent log-outs, it builds up.

If you hit "Mark Forms Read" at the top, though, that'll blank your list.

Basically, vB works in a different way to phpBB - it's too clever for it's own good, sometimes!

Why do threads still show unread content even after I've read them? Is it something I'm doing?

just sorted my overlapping header/menu/advert issue by going into my setting on the forum and turning "skimlinks" off

just sorted my overlapping header/menu/advert issue by going into my setting on the forum and turning "skimlinks" off

Where abouts is that option can find it?

I started having this problem after I marked all forums read. Turned skimlinks off and it worked as said. Turned them back on out of curiosity and it's still OK.

For me the 'Welcome, Stonejag Notifications My Profile Settings Log Out' menubar is overlapping the bit where it shows Forum > subforum > thread, so I have to navigate with Forward / Back rather than the forum links. Dodgy CSS somewhere?

This is on Safari version 5.1.2 (6534.52.7) on an Intel Mac running Snow Leopard.

Stone

Interesting, Andi is on holiday at the moment and I know about the skimlinks but don't really want to mess with it too much. If you guys can disable it for now GREAT. I'll tell Andi when he's back (no doubt he'll read this anyway).

Why do threads still show unread content even after I've read them? Is it something I'm doing?

Technically... if you're using the 'new posts' buttons (which I've brought over from the users that remember the system running on phpBB) then you've read the posts, but it doesn't mark the thread as being read... It's bizarre really. Simple 'fix' is to hit the 'Mark all forums read' button at the top of the page. Not the solution though... think it's just a vBulletin 'thing'.. :(

I've now disabled Skimlinks for all logged in users.

So it may look a little messed up if you're not logged in, but will fix itself once you do!

I'll have to monitor if this affects it as a revenue stream though... ;) (only a few quid a month, let's just hope the bots click stuff when seeing it still!)

Interesting, Andi is on holiday at the moment and I know about the skimlinks but don't really want to mess with it too much. If you guys can disable it for now GREAT. I'll tell Andi when he's back (no doubt he'll read this anyway).

I READ EVERYTHING. I SEE THE FORUM LIKE MATRIX CODE.

Or something.. ;)

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I've added a "Latest Threads" link to the Tab bar at the top.

This is the same as "What's New?" but excludes all the Marketplace (For Sale / Wanted, etc) forums.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

THREADS MARKED AS READ / LATEST THREADS UPDATE:

Aaaah, I've found a setting....

Ok, so whether you had read a thread was currently kept in the Cookies (ie. your browser).

I've now changed it so that this is now logged in the database AND will only keep threads that have been active in the past 10 days.

So if you return to the site after a little holiday, you won't have 1,393 pages of 'New Posts'... I can increase this to 14 or more days if you think there's a new...? Perhaps "standard 2 week holiday in Spain" duration? ;)

Downside is that you've all come on to the site and gone "EH? WHY ARE THERE ALL THESE NEW POSTS?" as it's brought all the last 10 days of threads back in too! Have a quick read through, then hit 'Mark all threads read' when you're ready, and you should be good to go. I hope.

Lemme know.