robbier32

What do you think? Sounds a bit dodgy to me!!!!!

Hi guys and gals,

I have my R32 for sale on Pistonheads and I have had an equiry today to which I sent some photos and the information they asked for. I have now received this email and it just seems a bit fishy to me....... I havnt had much to do with paypal so dont really know how it works What are your thoughts?

Thanks for the mail....I agree with your price and ready to purchase

the car.I will offer your asking price for the car and about the

delivery !!! As am new in buying stuffs online I have already

contacted a shipper coming for the collection of the car once payment

has been confirmed by PayPal and you also do what they say to complete

the transaction... I will not be able to view the car due to my absent

in town,my shipping company will sign all necessary

documents,including the Log Book when they comes for the collection

for the car and they will do every necessary check up to know if the

condition of the car is the same as you have described it,I will like

to know when the MOT is going to expire and the TAX also.i wait your

PayPal email account to proceed with the payment.If you don't have

PayPal account ,you can log on http://www.paypal.co.uk and setting up one

today and get back to me with your Paypal email or better still send

me money request through your PayPal account,as am requesting this

transaction should be done via PayPal so the PayPal charges is on

me.Wish i could call you and discuss this transaction with you on

phone,but as i said earlier that phone calls are restricted.i work

with as offshore but currently in East London now,even if i wish to

make calls,it has being restricted. but if you can try to call me here

is my 07031853608,send me your PayPal email so i can pay in.Hope to

read from you..

Best Regards..

dont bother! dodgy as hell

Is that the exact message? because the grammer and is terrible like a typical scam!

Yep it's a scam. I've had it once before, not to sure how it works but I have heard that the buyer simply transfers money into his pp account using money in an account that has a fake bankers draft waiting to clear. Your car is either broken for parts, shipped or sold on for a 'bargain' price.

Then once the draft bounces the pp payment will be recalled and you'll be left with nadda :(

Dodgy scamming buggers Rob. Don't touch with a big barge pole mate.

You could have some fun with them and start asking them loads of really confusing and increasingly stupid questions until they get the idea and leave you alone.

This is a known way of scamming people as they pay into your Paypal for the car and I think they somehow manage to retract the money after the deal and leave you carless and no money.

Is that the exact message? because the grammer and is terrible like a typical scam!

LOL! yer exact message!! Foreign????

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

LOL! yer exact message!! Foreign????

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Thanks, I have emailed back asking for cash on collection

Guaranteed to be dodgy.

And i'd put money on it being someone from Nigeria.

Seen a few of these types of scams about. Best was when i had a letter through the post saying i had won some european lottery. All they needed was by account number and short code (yes they asked for short code haha).

You'd think that if your going to try and scam people you'd make an effort with the spelling and grammar.

Was getting similar message every single time I had car's for sale somewhere else than ebay. Was already thinking of accepting money via paypal and not releasing my car till paypal claim time expire ( about 60 days, I think)

When i was selling my mk5 gti these were the ONLY e-mails i got from using pants-trader

Yep - total BS. Unless someone is coming to see you face to face and pay you cash, or a bankers draft, tell em to get lost.

Loads of these on autotrader selling as well. Usually can tell by price being too good - by £000s. And will only contact by email. Often claim to be going back to Afghanistan so need a quick sale - sick. If it looks to good to be true...it is too good to be true

Dave in Worcester here. I too have a car for sale on Exchange & Mart. I have also had the payment through paypal and then asked to pay the shipping costs to someone in Middlesex with the telephone number beginning 0703. Funny how they could only accept Western Union transfers!!

Am now going to play the scammers up because they have said the funds are in my paypal account when they clearly aren't. Beware of Kareem Natalia!

Welcome to the forum. Yep - avoid that like the plague - complete load of tosh!! :)