Sign in to follow this  
pookyvr6

Anyone done an R32 conversion yet?

They didn't show you the hole in the ground that the car stands above to get the R32 in... ;)

making the Turbo just £40k dearer for its engine and trim bits :shock: :shock: :shock:

What an engine though :lol:

During an Evo group thrash, and Audi RS6 could only just keep up with a Cayenne Turbo on twisty cross-country roads, so they handle very well aswell as having all that grunt.

One of the writers for the Golf mag owns a VR6, in this months issue he says that Dubsport are going to put an R32 engine in it, he's also looking for a synchro system to go with it.

excuse me if i'm being completely thick.... but why not use the whole R32 drive train with the engine?? Or is it the same as the synchro?

There was a Mk2 Golf at Inters with an R32 engine in it.

The mounts appeared to be Vibratechnics items.

What these actually bolted to on the engine was less clear, but the bonnet is the only thing that might stop you from slotting one in the C...

Well if it fits in a Mk2 Golf, then I don't see why a VR couldn't accommodate it!

Tjhe MKII golf's engine bay has more height clearance than a Corrado... If you look at the clearance on a VR engine with the Bonnet, there's only a few mm clearance... If the R32 engine is ANY taller (and I'm not saying it is, 'cos I really haven't a clue here) then it probably will foul on the Corrado's bonnet... :|

well then, it sounds like a custom bonnet must be made. either way, that engine in a corrado would be freaking nuts. even if it didnt have the 4motion. i know someone who has made a awd corrado from a bunch of audi parts. that thing screams with the lysholm charger in it. i think he is running around 22psi, you cant hear the engine over the charger... =]

actually, the corrado ahs more room. you have to lower the engine mounts to get a vr6 to fit in a mk2 and still shut the bonnet. and as for trying to get a shcrick on there, forget it, the bonnet is well in the way.

the 24v block is almost the same as the 12v one, you can just bolt the 12v mounts onto it and mont it up in the same way as the old 12v. that's how my mate's vento has been done anyway. he had to fit a different oil filler cap so he could shut the bonnet, but that was in a vento.

I'l looking to do a 3.0 24v turbo in mine next year, so I 'll let you know how hard it is.

actually, the corrado ahs more room. you have to lower the engine mounts to get a vr6 to fit in a mk2 and still shut the bonnet. and as for trying to get a shcrick on there, forget it, the bonnet is well in the way.

Well I live and learn... I wouldn't have guessed at that 'cos of the angle of the bonnet/wings etc... I stand corrected... 8)

I'l looking to do a 3.0 24v turbo in mine next year, so I 'll let you know how hard it is.

Are you ever actually gonna drive this C of yours, or are you just gonna take it around the block a few times to make sure it works, and then change something else major on it! ;) :lol: 8)

the 24v block is almost the same as the 12v one, you can just bolt the 12v mounts onto it and mont it up in the same way as the old 12v. that's how my mate's vento has been done anyway. he had to fit a different oil filler cap so he could shut the bonnet, but that was in a vento.

errr sorry to p1ss on your fireworks but:

http://www.stealthracing.co.uk/sr_pvr6.html

hardly pissing on anyone's firewroks is it? it's just a corrado vr with an EIP tuning turbo kit on it, built by stealth about 6 years ago.

And Henny, my car has been laid up for another week! the fuel pump failed on sunday, so I decied to fit my clifford alarm intead of fixing it. so now it's alarmed and immobilied, but it still won't run right! will have it fixed soon, I'm racing at york dragway on sunday.

Err I was referring to the Mk2 VR6 with the Schrick Manifold

you don't have to show me that either, I used to have a mk2 vr6 (2 actually) with a schrick on it.