daves16v

Corrado Short Shifter

I'm now in a position to offer Short Shift Gear Sticks for the Corrado.

Details -

Forward and back reduction.

Neutral to gear select reduction of 20mm (25%). It's only a mild reduction to prevent notchyness and excessive effort required to change gear.

All worn parts replaced.

Use your existing gear knob.

Mechanism cleaned and greased.

Install guide provided.

Sold on an exchange basis only.

If not completely satisfied, return the shifter for a refund.

For those who know the quality of my work and service, you can be assured of the same here.

Price is £90 posted with £25 refund on the return of your shifter to me.

I can modify your shifter if it is sent to me but it needs to be in good condition, I will need it for around 10 days, cost for this is £70 posted back to you.

Payment by Paypal or bank transfer, PM me for details.

Thanks

Edited by daves16v

Nice. Is this going to be available in the foreseeable future Dave?

Gaz, yep no probs.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

where do i sign?

PM sent.

I have one of these fitted to my TDi.

It's great, fitting is relatively straightforward (took no more than an hour) and it's worth getting one of Dave's handbrake tunnel repair kits too if you haven't already - can be easily fitted at the same time while you've got the tools out!

Feels brilliant and having driven a standard Corrado since I know that I'd much rather have the shortshift fitted.

Tom

This sounds good, couple of questions, how long do you get to return the old shifter mech or could I keep it for the £50? And do you have any details of how involved the swap is or info on level of competence required? I am not sure if i wanna give it a try myself just in case i mess it up :)

Thanks

Matt

This sounds good, couple of questions, how long do you get to return the old shifter mech or could I keep it for the £50? And do you have any details of how involved the swap is or info on level of competence required? I am not sure if i wanna give it a try myself just in case i mess it up :)

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

Once you are happy with the shifter I'd like your old shifter in 2 weeks if possible. You can keep it for £50 but ideally I'd like it returning, your choice.

The biggest part of the install is removing a small section of the flange on the body (circled in the pic) otherwise you have to drop it out of the bottom of the car. You do have to adjust the shifter after installation also. If you screw things up you can always refit your existing shifter but the result is worth any install hassle.

Any more questions just ask.

Thanks

Dave

The biggest part of the install is removing a small section of the flange on the body (circled in the pic) otherwise you have to drop it out of the bottom of the car.

D'oh !!

Was looking like a possible until you said that!

D'oh !!

Was looking like a possible until you said that!

So which part don't you like, the cutting of the body I guess? I'll post up a pic of the section to be cut, it's really not that big, I can understand if you don't want to touch the body.

Ive done this before and its easy to do. Dont worry about cutting this, its never seen and it wont affect the car in anyway.

I'll PM you about getting one.

Pic of area to be cut, it's about 20mm wide by the height of the upstand and is hidden from view.

The problem is I am a klutz with things mechanical. Am I right in saying you have to cut out this bit of metal so you can remove and refit from above (in the car) rather than underneath?

Dave ill have one of these but wont order until it warms up a bit mate cos i cudnt promise the two week turn around

thanks shaun

The problem is I am a klutz with things mechanical. Am I right in saying you have to cut out this bit of metal so you can remove and refit from above (in the car) rather than underneath?

Yes correct.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Ollie and Shaun, no probs whenever you're ready.

It's an easy job to do. Will take two minutes to cut the section out. No getting underneath.

I've had one out on the side of the road before after it broke, it's not a problem. Well worth doing though!

Id be interested in one too, mine can be trickky to get smoothly into second unless youre really light with it ??