daves16v

Corrado Short Shifter

hi daves 16v can i urgently pay you for a short shifter for my 1994 corrado 2.0lt asap send me a pm so i can send you payment thanks

hi daves 16v can i urgently pay you for a short shifter for my 1994 corrado 2.0lt asap send me a pm so i can send you payment thanks

PM sent.

This still available Dave?

Just had a go with the one you supplied Jay with and was impressed how better the seriously long oem throw was improved. PM me payment details and address to return mine too please.

I'm now in a position to offer Short Shift Gear Sticks for the Corrado.

Details -

Forward and back reduction.

Neutral to gear select reduction of 20mm (26%). It's only a mild reduction to prevent notchyness and excessive effort required to change gear.

All worn parts replaced.

Use your existing gear knob.

Mechanism cleaned and greased.

Install guide provided.

Sold on an exchange basis only.

If not completely satisfied, return the shifter for a refund.

For those who know the quality of my work and service, you can be assured of the same here.

If you require a greater shift reduction please ask.

Price is £50 posted with £10 refund on the return of your shifter to me.

Payment by Paypal or bank transfer, PM me for details.

Thanks

HI DAVE TODAY I HAVE SENT YOU A PAYMENT FOR THE SHORT SHIFTER KIT FOR MY 8 VALVE M REG VW CORRADO PLEASE CAn you confirm you have my paypal payment please dave hope to hear from you soon thanks

Fitted my shifter over the weekend and I'm very impressed. As Dave says, it is a mild reduction and therefore it was quite a subtle difference at first. But out on the road the reduction in throw becomes more obvious and there is no increase in notchiness at all. Feels complete OE and at a great price. Well done Dave :salute:

Macdaddy, yes still available but there is a growing queue, I can send you payment details but I can't supply for a few weeks.

job705, no payment received.

Kev, feedback much appreciated.

Just a note to add, return shifters need to be sent back ASAP as this is what is holding up sales for others.

Thanks

Dave

hi dave, if i were to pay now when do you expect i'd be getting one?

cheers

I honestly couldn't tell you, I have to rely on people sending theirs back and with the queue that's building up I would guess you're at least 4 weeks away.

What about if the original shifter can be sent to you to be be modified, rather than expecting a modified one to be sent before returning the original?

Macdaddy, yes still available but there is a growing queue, I can send you payment details but I can't supply for a few weeks.

job705, no payment received.

Kev, feedback much appreciated.

Just a note to add, return shifters need to be sent back ASAP as this is what is holding up sales for others.

Thanks

Dave

hi dave just checked my paypal account and yse i have sent the money i know i got to wait but you should have had the money sent to you now , please can you check thanks

I honestly couldn't tell you, I have to rely on people sending theirs back and with the queue that's building up I would guess you're at least 4 weeks away.

I'll wait for a few weeks then and order then when hopefully the queues died down a little.

What about if the original shifter can be sent to you to be be modified, rather than expecting a modified one to be sent before returning the original?

I'd be prepared to do this too

Yeah I can do that.

job705, just checked again and there is no payment.

Yeah I can do that.

job705, just checked again and there is no payment.

So if I send you a payment for £40 and post my shifter off to you, would that be acceptable?

i'm busy for the next two weeks, so i should be able to fit it pretty quickly if it's arriving in 4 weeks time :)

PM me some payment details

Cheers,

Dave

So if I send you a payment for £40 and post my shifter off to you, would that be acceptable?

Yes no problem, can you PM me please as a reminder. If anyone else wishes to do this then you need to put a note in the parcel detailing your postal address and forum name.

Yeah I can do that.

Good stuff. What would be the likely turn around time if the shifter is sent?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff. What would be the likely turn around time if the shifter is sent?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably 1 week.

I'm getting a lot of interest in these particularly in this thread and it's getting a little confusing who might want one, those asking a question or those who definitely want one so I need to lay down some simple rules - if you have queries to the fit, function or availability then please ask in this thread. If you want a shifter 100% could you please PM me and I'll put you in the queue. I will be offering these for the foreseeable future so if you're happy to pay immediately but don't mind waiting then this is preferable for me as I will know exactly who wants one and can plan better.

If you prefer to send me your shifter for modification then I should be able to return it in about 1 week and the price is £40, again PM me for this.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Dave

Having read other peoples comments i need to be having one of these me thinks, please send payment details.

What else do you make / sell please ?

Matt

FYI to those not familiar with Dave, he's a whizz with stainless steel and general metalwork / fabrication. He is in full time employment and makes things for the community in his own time. He's not an official 'company' or anything.

Dave, would you like me to create a stickied thread in the Suppliers forum of the goods and services that you can provide?

FYI to those not familiar with Dave, he's a whizz with stainless steel and general metalwork / fabrication. He is in full time employment and makes things for the community in his own time. He's not an official 'company' or anything.

Dave, would you like me to create a stickied thread in the Suppliers forum of the goods and services that you can provide?

Kev, good idea, I'll try to find time to put something together for you to sticky. Thanks

Hi there,

Can one drop the exhaust etc and fit the shorter shift without cutting the little piece out if the surround?

I have a spare shifter so will be sending you mine. Noted to PM you and will send payment of £40.

I drove my gfriends TT the other day and as much as its notchy, I like the shortness of the shift. It becomes more capable for town driving and quick 1/2/3 gear changes that your constantly going between. Experienced terrible short shift kits in the past so just pleased to have someone like yourself making quality products as the feed back continues to honour. Just what my rado needs.

Rams