Patrick101

Paddy's DBP VR6

Here's some photos of my C taken the other day during a spout of good weather. I bought this back in August last year down in Edinburgh. I'd been to see an Audi S2 which was more local and what I'd originally planned to go for. However, gut feeling decided against it and instead went to see this. As soon as I test drove it I knew I had to buy it -loved it. Two owners last was a lady owner who rarely used it so below average mileage of 95K.

So drove it back up to Banchory and it's been in the garage ever since! There were a few issues that came to light on the way back up mainly the terrible rear shocks and a CV clicking noise. Since last year I've changed the driveshaft on the near side and replaced all the shocks and springs, top mounts etc. with a weitec kit, it now sits approx. 40mm lower and new drop links have been added. Yet to test the ride but hopefully shortly!

Also on the list of things to do were the brakes so front discs and pads replaced and rear pads changed (rear discs were good). The suitcase muffler and centre resonator were badly corroded all now changed with stainless steel and supersprint suitcase muffler (original back box in good condition so I retained this to keep it OE). Grey leather to replace the cloth seats and refurbed TT speed lines with 205/45 tyres (picked up for a bargain) have temporarily replaced the original speed lines which are in dire need of a refurb! Changed oil, oil filter,air filter and fuel filter last week. Just centre caps for the alloys and alignment then she's ready to go. The front bumper has a view scratches however, this is on the list of things to do. Hope you like pics.

very nice, mini comps look really great, reminds me I need to get mine refurbed...

Thanks Hasan. Stumbled across them on gumtree and thought they looked great but wasnt sure if they'd work as a look on the C. After seeing pics of a C from the US with them on it helped confirm they'd work. Really like them since they've been refurbed. A local company PPS did a top job on them @ 45 squid a corner thought was good value too.

What a lovely colour and car mate DBP has to be one of my favourite colours. Sounds like its a well sorted example after the work you have done as well.

I love how the DBP brigade have jumped on this thread lol.

Gorgeous colour though I must say and yours looks as though it's in very good condition!

I love how the DBP brigade have jumped on this thread lol.

Gorgeous colour though I must say and yours looks as though it's in very good condition!

Haha yeah the DBP fraternity is out in force. Hopefully one day my car will look as shiny as your storm!

Going to be using it through spring/summer. The north east weather/salty roads in winter would not have been kind to near 20yr old bodywork!

Starting to loose the plot now though, it's been 6 months since I last drove it I need to get it out on the road soon for my own sanity!!

After a long anxious couple of weeks of installing the SP263 cams and replacing the noisy tappets (with the proper INA jobbies - long story involving an awful experience with ECP) today was the day of turning the key in the hope it would start and not chew a valve. Im pleased to say all is well and now sounding much smoother and less tappety tappety!! Next in line is the ECU remap.