robo22sri

wiper blades!?!

Guy after some advice!

My car has tt or lupo wiper blades retro fitted but am not sure what they are!

I have just looked through the tt wiper blade thread and am more confused

Mine are 19" long but the mount part is in a different place on each

How do i know what to order?

Cheers Rob

I went for a MK4 Golf set from VW. It's a twin set consisting of both front blades, both are the same length but one has an offset centre which i think is for the passenger side (but don't quote me - they will only fit one way round anyway). These fit perfect in my opinion.

Other people prefer x2 Mk4 Golf Drivers side blades.

Personal preference really.

Not sure of the length but you need 2 x drivers arms and 2 x drivers blades off a Mk1 TT.

Got a pic Rob?

I dont at the mo, can get some tonight when i get in

Are they the aero type though?

---------- Post added at 6:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:43 PM ----------

Right i got some pics!

The drivers arm is 20 inch long and the passenger arm is 22 inch long

I just looked up lupo wipers on ebay and my wiper arms are not like the ones pictured on the ebay listing

35a7780a.jpg

174e032e.jpg

bdc292d2.jpg

The bosch 928's are 21" and 19" the wont fit my car :(

the the drivers on nearly hits the roof any way and the passenger on skims the window trim near the bonnet :(

Second vote for the 928s, they are aero wipes and are offset as Rob described, sounds like you have Lupo arms mate ;)

I have a set of Bosch 928S on mine at the moment...on Lupo arms ;) They're exactly the same as the Lupo GTi ones, and both are the same length but the mount on one is offset as described. The part number includes the S on the end btw (it's not a plural) - maybe you have the wrong set?

Just for the record (I'm saying this is as many threads as possible so it sinks into the collective consciousness!) the correct combo for Lupo wipers is 2 of the Lupo driver's side wiper arm, one with a Lupo driver's side wiper, which goes on the Corrado passenger side, and one with a Lupo passenger side wiper which goes on the Corrado driver's side.

Stone

my longer arm is on the drivers side and the shorter one is on the passenger side!

---------- Post added at 7:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:49 PM ----------

i dont have 2 the same size

This is doing my head in!

the golf mk4 ones are 19 inch and 21 inch and 928S all the 928S are 19 and 21 inch

They look like TT blades !

If you read the TT wiper thread,when Kev(fishwick) first found you could use TT drivers side x2 he cut the passenger side to fit ! As did a lot of other people. Soon after he found it was easier to bend the wiper arm on the passenger side,so the blades overlapped,without touching.

This is what I have on mine, is there any part numbers on the arm ? On the insides ?

Hope this helps

Some people have left and right Lupo arms fitted, which needs blades of the same lenght. It should be 2 x driver's side arms and the longer blade goes on the passenger side.

hey mate i've just fitted lupo gti arms , i fitted 19" bosch aeros to both no snagging problems any where if you want i can take some pics of my ones if you want .

hey mate i've just fitted lupo gti arms , i fitted 19" bosch aeros to both no snagging problems any where if you want i can take some pics of my ones if you want .

That would be great :) where did you get your parts from?

I found my arms off ebay before crimbo, a breaker . The blades were shot so went to halfords and "re boxed" two 19" bosch aero blades. They didn't do a kit of two 19" blades so open two boxes and made a set in the shop lol. When i fitted the arms, i just made sure i fitted the lupo arms on the same splines . It really takes minutes and the difference is amazing, no judder or streaks. I'll but some photos on later... hope this helps

I found my arms off ebay before crimbo, a breaker . The blades were shot so went to halfords and "re boxed" two 19" bosch aero blades. They didn't do a kit of two 19" blades so open two boxes and made a set in the shop lol. When i fitted the arms, i just made sure i fitted the lupo arms on the same splines . It really takes minutes and the difference is amazing, no judder or streaks. I'll but some photos on later... hope this helps

You cheeky sod :lol:

Here is my set up:

Drivers side Arm: 6X2955410C (Approx 19.5" long from tip to centre of fixing point)

Passenger Side Arm: 6X2955410A (Approx 19" long)

(Both are indecently Lupo drivers side wipers, but the C prefix is the later arm: maybe they changed the design?)

Wiper Blade set: 1J2998002A (drivers side 19", Passenger 21") - I paid £14.96+vat from TPS September 2011

And how they wipe:

3752531c.jpg

34453094.jpg

Visibility is great and they work perfect.

If you check your wiper arms, they should have a part number on the underside.

I think my arms came off a 2002 gti, any way pics of mine..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54593[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54597[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54601[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54605[/ATTACH]

You shouldnt need to cut the bosch 928's down mate IF yours are TT arms like mine when you get the wipers,

fit the passenger side wiper blade on your drivers side arm

put the drivers side wiper on passenger side arm

Works a treat

I think mine are lupo arms not tt ones

I bet the arms on the wrong side or something stupid!

Get the arm part numbers up and ill check them against my wiper arms?

Tell me which one is on which side of the car