Kevin Bacon

Trimsport Rear Strut Brace

Folks, I have my opinion on this as well but at the end of the day its happened already. Lets lock the topic, move on and hope it doesn't happen again.

So who thinks having open / public discussion on For Sale threads is such a great idea now huh? ;)

thanks for the offer billcor but whats the difference between yours and the trim sport 1 does it fit the same? btw didnt mean too open a can of worms but hey is only a stutbrace after all..

Haha Jim in "I told you so mode". I like both for sale, this way of doing it frustrates me with people saying "dibs pending pictures"... well its not friggin dibs then is it!!! its "I might have it if its in decent condition but because I got there first I'll say dibs".

Its refreshing to be able to question things but there is a rare occasion when this happens.

thanks for the offer billcor but whats the difference between yours and the trim sport 1 does it fit the same? btw didnt mean too open a can of worms but hey is only a stutbrace after all..

Don't mean to jump in..

But it fits the same, it's literally a reproduction of the Trimsport one. I think the quality is a little down especially on the end hoops, but they are still a very decent item. Just not as sought after for obvious reasons.

Ones on edition for £105 posted which I personally feel is a tad overpriced so this one at £65 posted is a good price.

If you don't want it I'd like it off him. Wouldn't feel right having you lose out twice! X

Speechless, and totally the opposite to what I as a moderator do on the German Roccoforum :(

Seriously dents my trust in the for-sale section and some of its members on this forum.

Tempest

So who thinks having open / public discussion on For Sale threads is such a great idea now huh? ;)

thats not the point is it jim, kev said £55 posted and someone accepted that asking price, then bill comes along and offers more and kev accepted the higher offer price, out of order i say.

Being as the one Bills offering is of a lesser quality compared to the trimsport item and subcool got bumped I reckon he should get it for a bit cheaper.

He agreed to buy the trimsport for 55, someone else jumped in and bought it instead and then offered him an item of inferior quality for more? How the feck does that work.

I'm with Karl on this one basically.

Stop arguing and get me dimensions so i can MAYBE get them made then everone can have one haha not for free though highest bidder wins !!!! I joke i joke

Just years of experience with selling on forums. It's just a business minded way of looking at things. I know it's morally wrong but years of being messed about jumping through hoops for nothing has taught me first to pay buys. I highly doubt that would have happened here, but like I say two offers I'd take the best offer. A chance to match would have been fair. But things obviously happened quickly and payment was made with little thought.

So how do you sell things EnthusiastOwned? Give everyone your payment details and first deposit in your account gets the goods? Must get confusing?!

The guy can't pay if he's not given the details to do so, and I doubt Kev would have given both buyers his payment details. So the original buyer can't do much more then say he'll have it, he was shafted!

thats not the point is it jim, kev said £55 posted and someone accepted that asking price, then bill comes along and offers more and kev accepted the higher offer price, out of order i say.

I wish I'd never posted. I have zero interest in getting involved here! :)

In terms of this transaction, I apologise but I couldn't care less - and for what it's worth, it's not just because it's a fellow moderator.

We can give guidance on how we feel people should conduct their sales and I personally wouldn't have allowed "gazumping" on my for sale thread.. but ultimately it's up to the seller whether they choose to sell to someone, and at what price - and I've always had that opinion ever since day one.

I'm outta this thread!

Bit of an oops moment for the forum today, for the sake of £15 you could say its not worth the hassle caused. If you sell something too cheap then you have to take it on the chin.

So how do you sell things EnthusiastOwned? Give everyone your payment details and first deposit in your account gets the goods? Must get confusing?!

The guy can't pay if he's not given the details to do so, and I doubt Kev would have given both buyers his payment details. So the original buyer can't do much more then say he'll have it, he was shafted!

Generally give 24-48hours for a payment then move on. If someone's interested they'll pay straight away, why turn down a potential sale for the prospect of someone else's interest? Not worth losing out on a sale really. Which I have lost out numorous times turning down others whilst waiting for someone to pay only to find out they don't. People express interest and things fall through, it happens.

But that's not what's happened here, like you say the buyer can't do much in a situation like this. Tbh it's pretty bad the way it's worked out, but I'm sure it was unintentional to cause this much trouble. Whats done is done.

As long as subcool was given the chance to up his offer I don't see the problem. Talking of under hand my brother viewed and had a offer accepted on a t4 went with money to pick up and found another guy driving away in the van having offered 100 more ,I understand this but the communication wasn't there, this made my blood boil somewhat as it wasn't fair ****ing some one about.

We should all move on as its not a big deal and a great forum and we can forgive and forget and really whats 15 quid in the grand scheme of things (particularly if you can afford an r32 ) not wanting to have a stab but gazumping someone over 15 pounds do you really need it that badly

How about the items you were supposed to be selling me Enthusiast ? Are you ever going to respond, even if its to say you no longer want to proceed ?

How about the items you were supposed to be selling me Enthusiast ? Are you ever going to respond, even if its to say you no longer want to proceed ?

I was waiting for your response :scratch:

Check your PM's anyway.

Hugs and kisses x :camp:

I'd be fuming!! Why do you need 2 anyway ? offering a cheaper, lower quality 1 for more moneys? Lol I thort you were joking when I read that.

Quite shellfish 🐠

I'd be fuming!! Why do you need 2 anyway ? offering a cheaper, lower quality 1 for more moneys? Lol I thort you were joking when I read that.

Quite shellfish

I sea what you did there! :cool:

I sea what you did there! :cool:

You otter be ashamed of yourself for that pun