Critical_Mass

Fuel Strike - what have you heard?

Well for the last few weeks there's been mention of tanker drivers striking again and again talk of the army stepping in. But personally ive not heard of any date of when this supposed striker will/could happen.

Today he girlfriends mum rings up saying we best go get some fuel as the local Asda station has been packed and are limiting the amount of fuel - apparently limiting to 10 litres each, but if this is the case, im sure she meant 10 gallons. As 10 litres is poop all.

Ive checked the news and nothing. Ive certainly not heard anything saying there will be a date when they will be striking.... so is she mistaken?

Anyone else heard anything else?

Edited by Critical_Mass

Just people panic buying!!

If every one went about their days as if it was any other day, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Well i did notice the very same Asda station being really busy on sunday and just put it down to just being alot of people that need to fill up. Didnt think much of it - other than im glad i dont get fuel from Asda as the queue was HUUUGE!!!

You say panic buying, so something more must have been said in the media for them to react like this?

I work in a part of the NHS that has lots and lots of vehicles. We are filling our bunkers to the brim and keeping them there and we know of several other organisations doing the same thing. The problem is no one knows when or if it will hit. Apart from filling the tank in the car there's not much more panic buying I can do other than filling the lawnmower!

I heard somewhere, April 3rd but have also heard Easter Weekend.

I don't think anyone is sure or anything has been confirmed though.

Right I am going to buy all the bread and milk again.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Right I am going to buy all the bread and milk again.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Again? :lol:

Going by what Wendy has said, i'll keep a ear close to the ground. Always good to keep in the loop with these sorts of things, but i wont be panic buying.

Yep same old retarded public that cause the usual not required bedlam Grrrrr!

A friend knows a driver at a local depot, he told him they are striking for 3 weeks starting at Easter.

Yep same old retarded public that cause the usual not required bedlam Grrrrr!

Yep!

All 3 of the fuel stations I drive past every morning were empty, so it's just hysteria and media sensationalism again, which doesn't appear to have hit the whole country.

People are apparently panic buying stamps as well, because 1st class is increasing to 60p. FFS, 60 pence to get a letter from lands end to John O'groats in 1 day is not expensive.

It's these same tight arses who complain about the cost of living constantly, who can suddenly find £100 to panic fill their fuel tanks :lol:

Hm... I need to get the VR filled up as it's pretty empty :( This is bad timing.

Can only hope that everyone is too tight to fill up with Super / Optimax and that there will be plenty left in my location stations!

Last time I filled the Bimmer (18 gallon tank!) was at Sainsburys last weekend and I got a shock when I saw £1.38.9 a litre on the screen. Jesus. It must have been in the mid £1.40s at BP, Shell and the like? £6.35 a litre x 18 gall = £114. Niiiiiice!

Think it's time to buy a Fiat 500 0.9 litre Twin-Air ;)

Last time I filled the Bimmer (18 gallon tank!) was at Sainsburys last weekend and I got a shock when I saw £1.38.9 a litre on the screen. Jesus. It must have been in the mid £1.40s at BP, Shell and the like? £6.35 a litre x 18 gall = £114. Niiiiiice!

Think it's time to buy a Fiat 500 0.9 litre Twin-Air ;)

Rummour on FB, Jim is selling his as he has restored his love for the Corrado !!!! ;-)

Mine's not a twin-air! (bit pricey for me!)

The funny thing is, the people who panic buy are the people who don't need it and only do 10 miles a week. If I panic bought, I would need to do it every 3 or 4 days LOL

One bonus is the wifes X5 is LPG converted and that is never a problem in these situations, you just cruise up to the pump and laugh.

Jay

BBC say "Time to panic buy!"

The government has urged people to

take "sensible precautions" in case a strike by fuel tanker drivers goes

ahead.

PM David Cameron said there was no need to queue but motorists should top up

their tanks, and Cabinet Office Minister Francis Maude advised storing petrol in

a jerrycan in their garage.

Since I was almost empty and was passing empty petrol station decided to fill up anyway. Due to all this madness decided to fill up all the way, £65 less in pocket realised I have no wallet. I totally panicked, but rang work and my wallet was there on my desk. After 20 mins of total embarrassment paid for fuel, said sorry... and came back to work. Gosh... what a day, at least I have now full tank of petrol.

Ps. Hmm bunch of truck drivers should not bring the whole country on their knees, should they? I still have my skates, so can skate to work if necessary :)

Damn it, just drove past a stall selling bananas and now have 150 bananas due to me panic buying them.

I'm now panic regretting it...

went to fill up this afternoon at 2pm, usually quite quiet at this time and there were lines on every pump! Mums with their 4x4s....