Kevin Bacon

Battery Recommendation

The battery in the 5 series died this week.

Got a new one from www.battery2u.co.uk this morning. Brilliant next day delivery service and good prices.

I went for a 100AH Varta Silver Dynamic (yeah, it's chuffing huge, but is under the back seat in Bimmers) and since having the car (May 11), I've never heard the starter motor spin so fast!! 5 year Varta guarantee too.

Incidentally, the Bosch Silver people like is in fact the very same Varta underneath, but is way cheaper than the likes of Halfrauds.

Have been looking at the bosch silver halfrauds £120, eurocarparts £82, thats for the corrado but the Varta look like a very good alternative

Seen the battery in the Evo Kev? It's (literally) the same unit from a Robin Reliant!! I think my phone has a bigger unit!

So I "upgraded" to a Type 054 Varta 12V 40Ah :lol:

Not suggesting the same one obviously but these guys give superb service: http://www.tayna.co.uk/

I've mentioned it in a thread before actually. I bought one from GSF (admittedly for my 16v so much less charge current) and it cost me £37 + VAT. That was for exactly the same Bosch as Halfrauds wanted £90 for!

My Varta went in the car in June 2002.

Trickle charger gives unbelievable longevity and power in my experience.