Jon_vr6

Corrado script sills

Quick question ive acquired some used corrado script sill covers and im looking for some advice on what to use to stick them down to the door sill?

Also i assume the older ones that i have on my storm (no script) have to come off and the corrado script sill covers are stuck to the metal of the sill?

These are what i want to put on

http://www.the-corrado.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=56845&d=1332610103

Many thanks

Jon

Hi Jon,

Yours will have to come off. The best stuff to use would be the really thin trim tape- I remember DG Autotech used some for my roof strips- think it was pink. Not sure where to get it though...

Are they not available anymore then? I've got a pair of new ones from VAG.

They'll be going into the "Wait until people are selling them on ebay for £100 each" pile then :D

Are they not available anymore then? I've got a pair of new ones from VAG.

They'll be going into the "Wait until people are selling them on ebay for £100 each" pile then :D

We'll all be able to slate you then :lol:

Will double sided tape not do? the thicker kind? Its not like you actually stand on them or anything so I would have thought that would have been fine.

And no, tried VW this morning and the script type VW only has 1 side left at about £27 and VW heritage only have hearing aid biege left :(

Will double sided tape not do? the thicker kind? Its not like you actually stand on them or anything so I would have thought that would have been fine.

And no, tried VW this morning and the script type VW only has 1 side left at about £27 and VW heritage only have hearing aid biege left :(

And it sounds like you have been quoted for the inner plastic sill ones too as the script ones which go outside the door seal were only available in black :) As far as i know anyway.

They are self adhesive as standard. Double sided tape may be too thick and not give an even enough stick.

I recommend getting some contact adhesive, thin it out a bit with glue thinners, brush it onto the back of the sill trim, do the same on the sill, wait till it cures, then fix to the sill with a wall paper roller or something.

Img_0046-1.jpg

I stand corrected :thumb right:

Cheers,

Redfox.

Yeah never seen beige outer trims,

guess the last one A0 1C is the one folk should ask for then. As the other two are the solid grooved ones. :-)

There is definitely only one of these left- I bought two a couple of months ago and there were only 3 then :(

There is definitely only one of these left- I bought two a couple of months ago and there were only 3 then :(

Can you remember how much they were ?

It's just I have a pair(BNIB) I don't need anymore !

Just got 1 from TPS for £22 now need to find a 2nd cause they said it was the last one for sale.

Hope I can find one.

Johnny

No more left then! Good price- I got them for £25 ea inc discount from my local stealer.

First person to throw £45 my way gets a pair of brand new ones.

That will be me then mate :)

Are they still in the box??